A "Date"

Oppas' Little Girl

IU's cheeks were clearly pink on the day of her first date with Dongwoo. She had personally asked Myungsoo and Sungjong to help her choose her outfit. Sungyeol, who was almost never helpful at times, actually pitched in by talking about all of Dongwoo's favorites. She was assigned to wait in front of a small store that sold many cute accessories for girls of all ages. She puffed her cheeks, rocked her feet back and forward, and sighed.

"IU!" IU looked up and faced the familiar man who was running towards her. Dongwoo grinned and continued to run towards her. Once he arrived, he dropped his hands on his knees and panted. "Sorry that I'm late! I had to run some errands!"

IU smiled softly at Dongwoo. "N-No problem. Er…so what do you have planned or us today?"

Dongwoo shrugged his shoulders. "Not much. You can't really have fun on a date for only an hour. I was thinking that we should just look around and eat." Dongwoo glanced at the adorable outfit IU was wearing. "By the way, you look nice."

IU blushed at Dongwoo's compliment and stared down at her outfit. She was only wearing a comfortable yellow t-shirt with a blue skirt. She complained earlier to Myungsoo how her skirt seemed to revealing, but then Sungjong pointed out that the skirt was only half way above her knee. She glanced at Dongwoo, only to realize that he was just wearing any comfortable clothes a guy would wear: a pair of blue jeans, a white shirt, and a brown jacket to warm him up.

"You look pretty good, too, Dongwoo-ssi–"

"Since we're dating right now, you should call me Dongwoo 'oppa.' Or is it to uncomfortable for you to say?" Dongwoo asked. IU smiled and shook her head.

"No, I can call you Dongwoo oppa. I already called Hoya 'oppa,' too," IU explained. Dongwoo raised an eyebrow.

"Really?" Dongwoo asked with a hint of suspicion in his voice. IU grinned.

"Yep! So where do you want to go first?" IU questioned, twirling a bit. Dongwoo paused for a moment, and then slightly frowned.

"Hey IU, before we start our date, can we go to the café and talk for a second?" Dongwoo asked her. IU stared at Dongwoo, blinked her eyes, and then nodded her head with a dumbfounded expression. Was she in trouble for calling Hoya 'oppa' or something?

 

Once the two arrived at a café, they quickly ordered a cup of coffee and a small cup of hot chocolate. IU uneasily stared at Dongwoo, who had a serious expression. She felt like she did some kind of crime, and the atmosphere between them was even more tense between an officer and a criminal.

"So IU, who were you with on the day you went the nurse office? I heard that you felt sick," Dongwoo said smoothly.

"Um…Myungsoo and Hoya were with me when I told them that I felt sick, but then Hoya took me to the nurse's office. I wasn't really sick, though. I just felt a bit upset because of Woohyun's comment," IU explained, playing with her fingers. She didn't understand why she was being questioned. Weren't they supposed to be on their date?

"Did you say something weird to Hoya or anything?" Dongwoo asked. IU shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't think so. I only asked him if I can call him Hoya 'oppa' instead of being too formal," IU answered confidently. Why was Hoya part of the question, anyways? A sudden thought popped into IU's head. "Um, Dongwoo oppa…Perhaps this isn't really a date? Maybe it's just for you to get something from me?"

Dongwoo stared at IU, blinked his eyes for a moment, and then smirked. "You're pretty clever, aren't you? Yeah, this isn't really a date. I couldn't say that I wanted to take you to the café and question about Hoya when he was always tagging along me. If you were looking forward to our date, I'm sorry. I'm just not the type of guy who would go out a lot."

A sharp pain stabbed IU's heart. She was speechless, and felt betrayed. "O-Oh. I see."

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings in any way. It's just that Hoya…He was dancing, and he seemed really off. I was just worried about him, and thought that you might've done something," Dongwoo explained. At that moment, he stood up and smiled. "I'll be right back. I'll use the restroom and get our drinks. Then we'll continue on our little 'date,' okay?"

IU gave him a weak smile. "S-Sure."

Dongwoo quickly walked away, leaving IU hurt. She felt like a fool for believing that she was actually going on a date. Her eyes watered a bit, and she quickly looked down.

At that same time, IU heard a bell ring. She looked up and spotted a group of friends entering the café. Among those group of friends was a familiar guy whom she knew. Her eyes widened, and she tried her best to cover her face with her hand. It was Sungyeol, and she knew that if Sungyeol saw her, he would bother her and Dongwoo nonstop.

Unfortunately, Sungyeol, having eyes like a hawk, spotted IU trying her best to cover her face. He cracked up a smile, but then suddenly his smile faded. He caught a glimpse of IU's eyes, and they shined under the light bulb above her.

Sungyeol's almost popped out. "Eh? IU?"

IU gasped, and then looking away. She rubbed her eyes, but that only made the matters worst. Sungyeol walked over to IU, ignoring his friend's call.

"Are you…Are you crying?" he asked. 

"N-No. I'm not crying. I-I just got pepper in my eyes, that's all. Why don't you tag along with your friends? I'm fine here. I-I'm just waiting for Dongwoo oppa–" IU gasped loudly when Sungyeol grabbed IU's wrist and pulled her up. Sungyeol's friend stared at IU and him with a blank expression.

"Hey Sungyeol, aren't you going to come with us–"

Sungyeol flashed them a grin quickly before they can continue. "Sorry guys, but I'm going on a small date with this little girl here."

IU's eyes widened. "W-What? But what about Dongwoo–"

"Here, I'll message him as we go. In the meanwhile, why don't we go somewhere and put a smile on that face of yours? Girls don't look pretty if they cry," Sungyeol said. He smiled warmly at IU, and dragged IU out of café.

For the first time, IU saw another side of Sungyeol that she would've never seen –a caring choding.