Run-Away Bridal Style

Oppas' Little Girl

Dongwoo was freaking out. He was still in the restroom, but then when he was washing his hands, he had received a text message. His hands were shaking, and he felt himself getting pale. Suddenly, Dongwoo accidentally dropped his phone in the sink. He gasped, and reached for his phone, but his phone was already drenched in water.

"Curse you, Sungyeol!" Dongwoo groaned, staring at the text message that displayed his screen. He quickly pulled out a handful of paper towels and tried to dry his phone.

After all, if anyone caught Sungyeol with IU, he would be dead for not taking care of the poor girl.

 

"Sungyeol oppa…I'm kind of tired," IU said quietly, panting. Sungyeol, who had been holding IU's wrist the whole time, quickly released IU's hand once they arrived at an empty park. Sungyeol chuckled, and gave her an awkward smile.

"S-Sorry. I guess I was just too busy running," Sungyeol apologized. Suddenly, his eyes widened when he noticed a red hand park on IU's wrist. He gasped, and quickly grabbed with his gentle hands. "Did I do this to you? I'm so sorry! I didn't think that I was holding your wrist that hard!"

"I-I-It's fine," IU stuttered nervously, blushing. It was her first time seeing Sungyeol so worried about her. Back at home, she always saw Sungyeol as some erted player. 

"Man, I didn't think that I was going to make a mark. Er, what do I do? Everyone is going to kill me if they see that mark," Sungyeol mumbled.

"I'll just tell them that I got hurt or something. Don't worry," IU assured him with a smile. 

"Really? You'd do that for me?" Sungyeol asked with a large grin. IU awkwardly nodded her head, as Sungyeol wrapped his arm around her shoulders. IU gasped, and then quickly blushed. "Thanks, IU! I knew that I can trust you!" He looked up, and then grinned again. "Hey, let me show you something."

IU frowned. "Show me what?"

"Something. Do you know how to climb trees?" Sungyeol asked, pointing at the large, thick tree next to them. IU shook her head, leaving Sungyeol a bit disappointed. "Um…Just follow my lead, then," Sungyeol told her.

Like a pro, he climbed the tree with ease, leaving IU in awe. She dropped , and slowly tried to climb the tree that Sungyeol was climbing. Suddenly, she bit her bottom lips and backed away. Sungyeol stopped in the middle of the way and frowned.

"What wrong? You don't want to climb the tree?" he asked.

"N-No. It's just that…I had a friend who loved to climb tree, but then he suddenly got hurt and broke his arm," IU replied quietly. "I'm just…well, afraid that you're going to get injured, too."

Sungyeol blinked his eyes. After a few more minutes of staring and blinking, he laughed. IU bit her bottom lips, a bit offended. So far, she wasn't having the best day of her life. Sungyeol wiped away his tears from laughing and grinned at IU idiotically.

"Don't worry. I'm a big boy, IU-ah. Here, I'll help you climb the tree." Sungyeol jumped off the tree, and suddenly picked IU up bridal style. IU squealed in fright, but Sungyeol ignored her little whimpers.

"H-Hey! Put me down!" IU demanded.

"You're right. I can't climb the tree if you're occupying my hands. Do you want a piggy back ride or–"

"I-I'll climb the tree! I'll climb the tree!" IU repeated. Sungyeol gently dropped IU back on the ground, causing IU to heave a sigh in relief. "Don't ever pick me up like that. It's so uncomfortable."

Sungyeol gave her a cheeky grin. "I know you like it."

"Shut up. I didn't like it. I was freaking out."

"Yeah right."

"I was!"

"I don't believe you. Every girl dreams of being carried bridal style."

Suddenly, IU kept quiet. She seemed like she was having some sort of flashback because she wasn't saying anything. Sungyeol frowned, and waved his hands in front of IU's face.

"Hey, you okay? Hello? IU?" Sungyeol called. IU quickly shook her head and gave Sungyeol a weak smile.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. Um, can we just go home for today? I don't feel like climbing up a tree," IU mumbled. Sungyeol tilted his head.

"Why? We just got here–"

"Sungyeol? IU?" a voice called. Sungyeol and IU quickly look up and met Dongwoo's eyes from the distance. In Sungyeol's and IU's perspective, Dongwoo seemed pretty angry.

"Shoot. Since you wouldn't climb a tree…bridal style time!" Sungyeol exclaimed. He wiggled his eyebrows and quickly scooped IU in his arms. IU gasped and unconsciously wrapped her arms around Sungyeol's neck. "See? We would look perfect like a married couple–"

"SUNGYEOL! YOU GET BACK HERE!" Dongwoo yelled. Sungyeol faced Dongwoo and teasingly stuck his tongue out. IU bit her tongue, seeing how red and furious Dongwoo was. 

"I'll talk later. Let's go!" As soon as those words left Sungyeol's lips, he started to take off. During the whole ride, IU had a small smile. At times, she would giggle in delight, and would report to Sungyeol when she saw Dongwoo coming near them.

To be honest, even though her date didn't go well, she did have fun with Sungyeol.


Author's Notes: I feel like I failed writing this chapter. I'm sorry to those who are disappointed with this chapter, too! :( On the other hand…I reached more than 100 subscribers! ^_^ Thank you to everyone who have been supporting this fanfic, leaving comments, and subscribing to this story! I'm really grateful for having readers like you guys! :D