Sungyeol's Feelings

Oppas' Little Girl

"Fail."

"You cheated!"

"You failed."

"Shut up! You know you cheated!"

"How did I cheat? I told you to kill the zombies and the mummies, but you said that they were too 'weak' and 'didn't give a lot of points!' This is what you get for not listening to me," Myungsoo exclaimed, scoffing. Woohyun tried to think of a comeback, but Myungsoo was right. He scowled in the end and ended up shoving two crispy green cash on Myungsoo's palm.

"Here, take it. Jerk," Woohyun muttered bitterly. Myungsoo laughed and smiled as he looked around for IU and Sungyeol. He found them only a few feet away, tossing basketballs into the hoop. Myungsoo chuckled as he watched IU throw her basketball with all her might and fall on her bottom. Woohyun, who noticed IU's embarrassing fall, cracked up a smile. IU suddenly turned to the two boys, smiled, and waved. Woohyun immediately stopped smiling as Myungsoo walked up to the two.

"Did you get any points yet?" Myungsoo asked, staring at the scoreboard. Sungyeol scowled as he missed the hoop. A loud beep sound rang inside the arcade as the scoreboard replaced the 0's with "Game Over."

IU pouted as she stared at her empty cup. "I got no more coins."

Sungyeol stared down at his own cup. "Me either. I used it all up."

"Woohyun wasted his coins on me. He tried to beat me on this arcade game, but he failed," Myungsoo said, laughing. IU giggled as Sungyeol frowned a bit.

"Do you have any coins?" Sungyeol asked. Myungsoo blinked his eyes. He stared at his cup, which had exactly four golden tokens.

"Only four. We have enough tokens to play two basketball games," Myungsoo said. "Did you guys get any tickets?"

No one spoke for a while. IU blinked her eyes, clueless, while Sungyeol's cheeks turned red in embarrassment. Woohyun gazed away, knowing that he had lost his tokens and tickets because of Myungsoo's victories. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"So you guys have been wasting your tokens with useless games… Huh. So I'm the only one who can get prizes?" Myungsoo asked.

IU rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "W-Well…"

"THERE YOU ARE!" The four looked up and found an exhausted Hoya and Sungjong glaring at them. Hoya stormed up to the boys and narrowed his eyes. "I've called you, texted you, and even left voicemails! How can you guys be so selfish and not answer your phones?"

"I left my phone back at school," Myungsoo said, excusing himself. "I didn't know you called - Oh wait! Were you the one who called Woohyun earlier?"

"No, that was me," Sungjong said. "He said that I cheated."

"No, I was talking to Myungsoo!" Woohyun exclaimed. "If anything, you should've called Sungyeol."

"I lost my phone when IU and I were playing the bowling game over at that corner," Sungjong said, pointing to the small bowling station. "I think I threw my phone into the center of the goal. Why didn't you call IU? She had her phone. She would've picked up her phone."

Sungjong glanced at Hoya, whose face turned bright red. He nudged his hyung to speak, but Hoya remained quiet. Hoya shyly glanced at IU, who smiled at him softly. He felt his heart pounding against his chest, causing him to sweat and become speechless. Sungjong sighed, wondering how he should cover for Hoya.

Why not just change the subject? Sungjong thought. "Um, IU. I'm sorry for this morning. I said some really harsh things. I was just…out of my mind."

IU smiled. "It's okay! It's not like I took things too seriously!"

Liar, everyone but Sungjong and IU thought. 

"So do we go back to school?" Sungyeol asked. Hoya and Myungsoo nodded their heads, while Woohyun shook his head.

"I'm skipping," Woohyun said. "Anyone want to join me?"

IU frowned. "Woohyun, it isn't good to skip school!"

"Whatever. I'm skipping and staying here. You guys can go, I don't care," Woohyun said lazily, walking away from the group. IU put her hands on her hips as Myungsoo patted her head.

"Well, at least you tried," Myungsoo pointed out. IU blushed and looked away from Myungsoo's gaze. She heard her heart beat in a steady, face pace. Her heart fluttered like an angel's wing as Sungjong and Hoya stared at the two with strange looks.

On the other hand, Sungyeol stared at the two with envy and pain. He felt his heart sink and for a second, he wanted pull IU towards him and push away Myungsoo. Sungyeol clenched his fist as he held his breath. What was going on with him? Sure, he knew that IU was cute. However, now that he saw IU a lot closer, she looked…beautiful. She looked so fragile, and even though she was close, she felt so far away. After IU shyly (and gently) pushed Myungsoo's hand away, Sungyeol felt his heart race and his cheeks warm up.

Ba-thump.

"Sungyeol, you okay?" Myungsoo asked. Sungyeol gasped for air as he stared at Myungsoo with wide eyes.

"H-Huh?"

"I asked you if you were okay. You look like you have a fever," Myungsoo mentioned. Sungyeol nodded his head as he avoided eye contact with Myungsoo.

"I-I'm fine. No worries. Let's just head to school," Sungyeol murmured. Myungsoo examined Sungyeol for a few seconds until IU grabbed Myungsoo's arm. Once again, Sungyeol felt a sharp pain stab through his chest. As he watched IU and Myungsoo walk away together with smiles on their face, he could've help but wish that he was next to IU. When IU smiled, Sungyeol felt the heavy feeling in his chest fade away like vapor.

At that moment, Sungyeol suddenly realized why his heart was beating so fast. So I fell in love with IU.

Wait.

…What?

Right then, Sungyeol felt himself turn beet red and heard his heart beat louder by the minute.


Author's Note: I feel that this story is dragging on a bit… Anyways, that's not the main reason for the author's note. I'm just informing my readers that I will be going to Korea for a month so I'm probably not going to update at all during my trip there. I might update once more and then leave for my trip, but the chances for that aren't very high. That's it. Hope you enjoyed the update!