Arcade and Teddy Bears

Oppas' Little Girl

When IU, Myungsoo, Woohyun, and Sungyeol arrived at the arcade, there was a mixed reaction from each person. IU was amazed by the flashy lights and how dim the room looked; Myungsoo had his eyes on the prizes, wondering what he should get for IU; Woohyun was looking forward to the violent games; and Sungyeol was wondering which games would give out the most tickets.

"This is amazing!" IU exclaimed. Myungsoo smiled and patted IU's head.

"What's so amazing? Have you ever been into an arcade before?" Myungsoo asked. IU blushed and nodded her head.

"I have, but it's huge here! I mean, come on! Look at that teddy bear! It's half my size!" IU blurted. Myungsoo only laughed as Sungyeol cracked up a smile. Woohyun already went to get some arcade coins, ignoring the three. Sungyeol went to get some coins and caught up with Woohyun, leaving IU and Myungsoo alone. Myungsoo smiled at IU and grabbed her hand.

"What do you want to do first?" Myungsoo asked, walking towards to the counter. Woohyun took off with the cup of coins he had in his hands. As Sungyeol walked up to IU with his cup of coins, he grabbed IU's other hand and tugged her towards him, making IU let go of Myungsoo's hand.

"Come on, IU! Let's go play some games!" Sungyeol exclaimed. Myungsoo wanted to say something, but he could only watch IU and Sungyeol run off together. He sighed, and walked to the counter and payed for the arcade coins. Myungsoo tuned a whistle and walked arund, wondering which game he should play first. He spotted Woohyun playing a gun game, and decided to join him. However, he stopped abruptly and spotted IU and Sungyeol playing a game together.

They look like they're having so much fun, Myungsoo thought, slightly pouting. He quickly shook his head and cleared his throat. No, I can't envy them! Besides, I only see IU as a little sister. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Hey Myungsoo! Are you really going to stand there and do nothing with those coins? If you are, give me the coins," Woohyun said, putting up his hand. Myungsoo smirked and walked up to Woohyun.

"What? You want to challenge me?" Myungsoo asked. He glanced at the game, and slightly widened his eyes. "Woohyun, you didn't kill that zombie!"

"So? It's weak. I can kill it with just one shot."

"But it gives you points! You at this game."

"Shut up and put some coins in the machine!" Woohyun demanded. "I need to beat my high score record."

Myungsoo scoffed. "I bet that I can do better."

Woohyun just grinned. "So what are you standing there for? Join in."

 

"Found IU yet?" Sungjong shook his head as Hoya bit his lips, frowning. "Are you serious? Aish…Call Myungsoo."

"I didn't bring my phone," Sungjong said.

"Here. Use mine." Hoya tossed Sungjong his phone as Sungjong scrambled to catch it. Sungjong dialed up Myungsoo's number, and patiently waited for him to pick up the call. Instead of Myungsoo picking up, a voicemail told Sungjong to leave a message.

"What happens if Myungsoo doesn't pick up?" Sungjong asked.

"Then call Woohyun hyung," Hoya said. Sungjong followed Hoya's order. He dialed Woohyun's number, and fortunately Woohyun was able to answer his phone.

"What do you want?" Woohyun asked. Sungjong heard a few gun shots and someone in the background screaming, "I killed the zombies!"

"U-Um…W-Woohyun hyung, where are you?" Sungjong asked nervously. He was wondering if Woohyun was in a gun fight or some kind of violent gang fight.

"Arcade," Woohyun replied shortly. "Hey, you cheated!" 

Sungjong blinked his eyes. "W-What?"

"Argh! Sungjong, hang up! You're bothering me!" Woohyun snapped. Before Sungjong knew it, Woohyun hung up and the phone began to make loud beeping noises.

"So what did Woohyun hyung say?" Hoya asked. Sungjong turned to Hoya and shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. He said I cheated," Sungjong replied. Hoya frowned. "But he said that he was at an arcade!"

"Which arcade? Argh! How are we going to find IU if we don't know which arcade he's at?" Hoya groaned.

"Why don't I just call IU?" Sungjong asked. Hoya turned red as Sungjong scrolled through the contacts. "It would be easier to find her, right?"

Hoya reached to grab his phone. "Sungjong, don't you dare-"

"…Hyung…You don't have IU's number?" Sungjong asked, scrolling through all of Hoya's contacts again. It was strange. Sungjong thought that everyone had IU's number. Everyone had exchanged numbers with IU on the first day they met her (even Woohyun). Hoya knew that he was blushing because he felt his cheeks turn warm, then hot.

"G-Give me the phone! I-It's none of your business-"

Sungjong stepped away from Hoya, and his eyes caught something interesting. There wasn't any contact named "IU." Instead, he found something close to "IU." When Sungjong scrolled down Hoya's phone and viewed the interesting contact, his eyes widened. There was IU's real name, Ji Eun, displayed on the phone with a heart shape right next to it. Sungjong blinked and rubbed his eyes. Was he dreaming, or was it real?

Finally, Hoya took this opportunity to snatch away his phone. Sungjong stared at his empty hand, then Hoya's phone in Hoya's hand.

"Hoya hyung…"

"Y-You can't say a word!" Hoya exclaimed.

"You like IU-"

"I don't like her! It's just that…that she deserves a heart next to her name! I even put stars next to your name," Hoya said, convincing himself. He showed Sungjong the star symbol next to Sungjong's name. This caused Sungjong to relieve a sigh.

"Oh, good! I thought you had a crush on IU!" Sungjong chuckled, as Hoya turned bright red.

"B-Be quiet. Remember, you can't say a word!" Hoya warned him. Sungjong smiled and promised Hoya not to tell. As Sungjong skipped away, Hoya glanced at IU's real name that was in his contacts and the heart symbol.

Why did I put a heart next to her name in the first place? Hoya wondered.