The Sweetest Brother

Oppas' Little Girl

"Oppa! I'm hungry!" A ten-year-old Sunggyu turned around, only to find a little girl around the age of four running towards him. As she made her way to Sunggyu, she accidentally slipped on the waxed floor and tripped over her socks. She almost fell on her face, but injured her knee and hands. She stared at her hands and knees, which were getting bright red. Suddenly, tears began to trickle down her face. "Wah!!!"

Sunggyu sighed. He walked over to the little girl, and then stuck a small sandwich in . The girl blinked her eyes, as her tears kept falling down from her cheek. He stared at the red marks and scowled.

"This…It shouldn't even hurt! It's just a minor injury!" Sunggyu retorted. He glanced up at the little girl, who seemed like she would sob any minute now. Sunggyu groaned. Then suddenly, he pecked his lips against the girl's hands and knees. 

"W-What are you doing?" the young girl asked, staring at Sunggyu dumbly. Sunggyu narrowed his eyes.

"I'm kissing the boo-boo away. Now will you be quiet?" Sunggyu snapped.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the first girl who had stayed with the seven boys, Sunggyu might've been the irritated, arrogant boy who could care less about the little ones.

 

The next morning, IU did not want to see anyone. Even Myungsoo, who was so far the closest to IU, wasn't allowed to se her. They all blamed this situation on Woohyun, who had arrived home during three in the morning. As the boys suddenly heard footsteps coming down the stairs, their heads turned around. Sungjong came down the stairs alone with a gloomy expression.

"Is she coming down?" Hoya asked with a hint of hope. The maknae shook his head, as everyone groaned. They all stared at Sunggyu. 

"It's up to you, Sunggyu hyung," Dongwoo said, patting Sunggyu's shoulder. Sunggyu raised an eyebrow.

"Eh?! Why me?" he exclaimed, widening his eyes. Sungyeol went up to Sunggyu and sighed.

"Well, first of all, the guys won't even let me try to cheer IU up," Sungyeol started. He glared at Myungsoo specifically, but Myungsoo ignored him. "Second of all, you're the only one – except for me – who never went up to make IU happy. So basically, we're giving you a whole lot of pressure. It's all up to you, Sunggyu hyung!"

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. "Oh wow. Thanks for making me feel a ton more confident, Sungyeol-ah."

Sungyeol gave Sunggyu a fake grin. "No problem, hyung. Now hurry up and get up on your feet! We don't want to waste time!"

Sunggyu didn't budge. In fact, he wasn't sure if he wanted to go up the stairs to help out IU. To be honest, he was kind of scared that he might make the situation worst. The boys (except for Woohyun) pushed Sunggyu up the stairs until he finally made it in front of IU. Sunggyu took a deep breath, and sighed. He his lips nervously, and knocked on the door.

For a moment, there was no answer. He was just about to leave until he heard a voice through the door.

"Who is it?" IU called. Sunggyu froze, and the six other boys stood still. Sunggyu turned to face the door and scratched the back of his head.

"It's…Er…Sunggyu," Sunggyu mumbled awkwardly. One second later, he heard the door being unlocked. The boy's eyes widened, especially Myungsoo's, Hoya's, and Sungyeol's. They enviously stared at Sunggyu as the door opened a bit. Out poked IU's pale and bony face. 

"I'm thinking that you're coming here because you want to help me feel better, hm?" IU mumbled. Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders, but then quickly nodded his head. He suddenly heard IU's stomach growl, making IU blush in embarrassment. "But first, get me some food. Then you can come in."

 

"Take a seat," IU said. It's been fifteen minutes, and Sunggyu was able to bring out a bowl of rice, two bottles of water, and a dish of kimchi. Sunggyu took a seat at the corner of the bed as IU sat down at her study table and quickly began to fill her stomach with food.

"Eat slower," Sunggyu urged her. "You're going to choke or something."

IU narrowed her eyes at Sunggyu. "But I'm hungry."

"But you need to eat safer–"

"But. I'm. Hungry." IU almost growled at Sunggyu, but was able to control her emotion. He realized that if it came to food, it was best for him not to mess with IU. He watched her eat silently, until IU finally chugged down some water. With a loud, refreshing "ah", IU turned around and brightened up her expression. "So…What are you going to tell me?"

Sunggyu opened his mouth, but then quickly closed it. "Actually, I was wondering why you invited me instead of the other guys."

IU sighed. "I didn't want to talk to them. It's…embarrassing." 

She blushed, as Sunggyu tilted his head a bit.

"What's so embarrassing about you about to get attacked by a group of gangs? You shouldn't be embarrassed about that," Sunggyu said with a frown. IU shrugged her shoulders. 

"But then someone knows me. One of the strangers even said that I look like someone. I want to know the person, but…" IU hesitated for a moment. She wasn't sure how to complete her sentence. Heck, she didn't know why she was telling Sunggyu all this. Sunggyu bent his back a bit and folded his hands.

"You can tell me," he said softly. "I'll listen."

IU kept quiet as she pressed her lips together. Then, slowly, she rolled up her jeans to reveal a red mark on her knee. Sunggyu raised an eyebrow, seeing that her knee was bleeding only a bit.

"I'm scared that I'm going to get hurt," IU whispered. Sunggyu dropped his mouth. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. It was only a small scratch, and she was making a whole big deal out of it. To Sunggyu, it was just plain crazy.

"Are you serious?" he asked with a dumbfounded tone. "You're embarrassed because you got a small scratch?"

IU nodded her head. For a moment, Sunggyu was going to yell at IU for being such a baby. He groaned, before saying, "It's just a minor injury. It should heal quickly."

IU blinked her eyes, as Sunggyu walked up to her. He suddenly bent his knee and kneeled in front of IU like a knight. He examined the scratch, and as he predicted, it would heal in about a week or so. He softly closed his eyes, and pecked above the wounded scratch. IU's eyes widened, as she pulled her knee away.

"S-Sunggyu-ssi, what are you d-doing?" IU stuttered. Sunggyu looked up at IU, and then smiled.

"I used to do this a lot. If there was ever a minor injury and the little kids complained about it, I would kiss above their wounds so that the pain would go away," Sunggyu explained. He got up, pulled a chair near IU, and then gave her another bright smile. "So, is there anything else you want to tell me?"

For the rest of the day, IU and Sunggyu chatted with each other. They skipped lunch without knowing it, and never left IU's room. Sunggyu especially felt that he was getting closer to IU on this day. He felt like he understood IU and her feelings. And what's more to it?

He actually liked it.


A/N: Just re-uploading the chapter. ^_^ I'm not going to post the new chapter yet, but hopefully I get started on writing it soon. :D