Ba-Dum

Oppas' Little Girl

At the infirmary, IU was resting on the bed. She couldn't help but feel guilty as if she committed a crime. Why did Woohyun hate her so much? Was it because she was bothering him somehow? Or was he bothered by her mere existence?

"Didn't I tell you not to think about it too much?" IU jumped in surprised, and turned her head around. She found Hoya staring at her with a worried expression. "I told you, don't let Woohyun get into your head. He's a nobody."

IU smiled a bit. "I know, you told me that, but he just seems so lonely and sad. Plus, I want to know why he hates me so much. Do I remind him of someone in his past or something?"

Hoya kept quiet for a moment. He examined IU carefully, but he suddenly blushed a bit when he met her eyes. He looked away, and shook his head.

"N-No, you don't look like anyone Woohyun might know. Look, he's always like this. Sometimes even harsher. But don't let him get into you head," Hoya lectured her. IU stared at Hoya, and then let out a small giggle.

"You're so sweet, Hoya-ssi. Did anyone ever tell you that?" IU asked. By now, Hoya's face was bright red. He avoided IU's eyes, and then played with his fingers nervously.

"U-Um…I-I…E-Er…"

IU laughed again, but then quickly her smile faded and was replaced with a sigh. She frowned, and sat up to gather her knee close to her chest.

"I just don't understand," IU mumbled. "I feel like I did a crime or something like that." Then, she looked up at Hoya and smiled. "Oh, and I forgot to ask you this, but can I call you Hoya oppa? It just sounds more comfortable that way."

Hoya's cheeks turned bright red. "C-Call me oppa?"

He didn't know why he was blushing, or acting all nervous. He heard tons of girls call him oppa.

"Yeah. So can I? I mean, I am going to stay at your house," IU mentioned. Hoya kept quiet. For a moment, he was shocked. Then slowly, he nodded his head cautiously, and met IU's blinding smile.

"Really? I can call you Hoya oppa? Thank you! It just sounds more better than calling you Hoya-ssi, you know?"

Suddenly, Hoya was deafened to anything IU had said. His eyes shot right through her brown, delicate orbs. He thought that her eyes were very beautiful, and maybe more beautiful than any eyes he had seen. Then in an instant, his eyes rolled down to her soft, pink lips. His cheeks flushed, and he heard his heart beating loudly. He tried to stop his heart from beating so loudly, afraid that IU might hear him.

Ba-dum. Ba-dum. Ba-dum.

He bit his lips, and tried his hardest to listen to what IU was saying. However, he kept staring at her lips, wanting to kiss them. He tried his hardest to hold himself back, and he almost felt like he was straining his whole body.

"So Hoya oppa, when did you get along with Woohyun-ssi?" IU asked out of the blue. Hoya quickly stood up, knocking his chair over a bit. He snapped out of his thoughts and gasped.

"O-Oh shoot–"

"Hoya oppa, are you okay?" IU asked, shaping into a small "o". Hoya's eyes widened. He was speechless. His thoughts were messed up, his heart was beating too loud, and he felt himself getting hot.

Please don't let her hear my heart beating! I don't even know why it's beating so loudly, Hoya nervously pleaded. He ran away without saying anything to IU. IU was about to call him, but then he was already out of the nurse's room. She frowned, and tilted her head a bit.

I wonder what I said wrong that made him act so strange, IU wondered.

 

Hoya gasped for air when he went outside. He swore himself that he would've collapsed or faint if he stayed with IU. He arrived near the dance room, and peaked inside the room. No one was there.

He took a deep breath once more, and then opened the door. He scanned around the room, and found the coast clear. He quickly locked the door behind him, and then leaned against the mirrored-wall. Then, he slid his back down against the mirror, and exhaled loudly. He rubbed his head with his hands, and began to reflect his actions.

"What are you doing here?" a familiar voice asked. Hoya gasped loudly, and widened his eyes. His looked around, and found his hyung staring at him from the distnace.

"D-Dongwoo hyung! B-But I thought I locked the door–"

"You did."

"I-I thought you were going to find a new job–"

"I planned to, but then it got boring. I told Sunggyu hyung that I'll have a new job tomorrow or something." Dongwoo ran his fingers across a long, wooden handle that was attached to the wall. "Ah, I remember coming here and dancing. Good old memories."

Hoya smiled. "You still like dancing? I thought you gave up on it."

Dongwoo laughed. "I never did. How can I stop dancing? I just stopped dancing for money."

"…Hey hyung."

"What?"

"…What if…" Hoya paused for a moment, and then sighed. He shook his head and forced a small smile. "Never mind. Do you want to dance like how we used to dance in the past?"

Dongwoo grinned at Hoya, and ran his fingers through his hair. "Sure!"

For Hoya, he always danced to clear his mind off of things. Dongwoo eyed on Hoya's dancing skills carefully. Usually, Hoya was flawless. However, today Hoya seemed to be stumbling a bit. All that meant was that Hoya was thinking of something else.

And for Hoya to be thinking of something else while dancing told Dongwoo that something was really bothering him.