Jog In the Morning

Oppas' Little Girl

It was four in the morning, and Hoya was out for his regular jog. He couldn't shake off the feeling that IU had given him when she had accused him of breaking the plate and not cleaning it up. A sudden fear had grown in his heart that day, and he knew that he just wanted to show IU his good side. Only his good side. He needed to talk to her, set things right with her, and convince her that it wasn't his fault. His desperate feelings were eating him up, but he could care less.

"Yo." Hoya looked to see Dongwoo jogging right next to him. He grinned, glad to see his sunbae running with him. Dongwoo sped his pace, and Hoya caught up with ease. He could already tell by Dongwoo's strict look that they were going to eventually sprint back home. 

Their conversations were suddenly filled with silence. Only their pants and short breaths could be heard early in the morning. The chilly air began to grow warm, and light finally started to shine on earth. The sun started to rise behind the apartments, but the two boys kept jogging on and on. Eventually, they found a water fountain and began to drink out of it. Hoya checked his watch. It was six thirty. They had been running for two and half an hour, and both could tell that they just wanted to walk home. However, knowing Dongwoo's determination for keeping fit and Hoya sticking to Dongwoo like glue, both knew that they were going to run back home just like how they had arrived to the water fountain. 

Once Hoya finished slurping the water, he moved aside and allowed Dongwoo to drink. Hoya wiped his sweat with the back of his head and heaved a sigh.

"That was some good work out, hyung."

"I know."

Hoya frowned. Dongwoo's replies were shorter than he had expeced them to be. Usually Dongwoo would probably say, "Really? Good! I'm glad you enjoyed it! We're running some more, kiddo," or "Congratulations, you have earned another run back home with the awesome dancer Dongwoo. Remember, we're going to start dancing at soon as we go back home."

However, Hoya decided to shrug it off. It's no big deal. He must be getting old and tired.

Dongwoo gasped for air after drinking the water straight for two minutes. He ran out of breath quickly, and collapsed on the grass. Hoya stared down at Dongwoo, and decided to sit down next to him.

"Man, I love this park!" Dongwoo cried. Hoya examined the field. 

"Why? It's just another park," Hoya said.

"It's the only park that has good water. Tastes great. You don't even need to bring a water bottle to run because of this water," Dongwoo answered. Hoya nodded his head and glanced at the sky. He checked his watch once more. Six forty.

"It's time to go, hyung," Hoya said. "Running for two hours exhausted me. Let's just walk back home."

"Sure," Dongwoo replied. Hoya raised an eyebrow. Did Dongwoo agree to walk back home? Dongwoo stood up from the grass and began to walk on the dirt track. Hoya stared at Dongwoo, curious of Dongwoo's strange attitude. 

"Dongwoo hyung, are you sick?" Hoya asked, running to catch with Dongwoo. Dongwoo stopped and turned.

"What?"

"Are you sick?" Hoya repeated, worried. Dongwoo stared, then laughed as he patted his hand against Hoya's head.

"Me? Sick? No way! I'm just worried about the talent show that's coming up in a week. I mean, with IU's friends here and how angry she is with us… Well, I'm not sure if she's going to come," Dongwoo confessed, blushing in embarrassment. Hoya's eyes widened in surprise.

"Hyung, you sense that IU's friends are in the way, too? Thank goodness I'm not alone!" Hoya exclaimed.

"I never said-"

"I want more than anything for IU to come and watch me dance," Hoya admitted. His eyes sparkled with affectionate love, and Dongwoo saw a man who he was unfamiliar with. "I want to show her that I'm a good dancer, and I want to teach her that she can be a great dancer if she works hard. To be honest, I actually have something in mind that I might want to tell her later on after we win."

Hoya's cheeks grew velvet red, and Dongwoo only stared at Hoya witha  dumbfounded expression. When Sunggyu called Hoya to come back, the two raced back home. However, Dongwoo still couldn't shake off the shy image of Hoya from his head. It was strange. When did Hoya ever blush for another woman? 

This is bad, Dongwoo thought, shaking his head. If anything happens to IU before the talent show, then Hoya won't be able to focus. Better keep her safe and in good arms before Hoya freaks out during the talent show.

 

The dining room was silent. L and IU were sitting across from each other, with their heads down and their faces beet red. Sunggyu looked pale, and his hands trembled everytime he tried to pick up his food with his utensils. Thunder look bored, while Wooyoung and Yoseob fought for the last sausage on the plate. Sungjong and Sungyeol sat next to each other in silence, not wanting to break this quiet, yet awkward atmosphere. Woohyun narrowed his eyes and examine the room, annoyed how it wasn't as rowdy it usually was. He slammed his chopsticks against the table, causing everyone to give him different looks.

"What's up with everyone? Did something happen? I'm getting bored," Woohyun grunted.

"I'm done," Thunder said, putting his dishes away. IU scurried up to help, and Woohyun noticed how L had followed right behind her. Yoseob gave Wooyoung a look that seemed to be some kind of secret code, but Woohyun decided to shrug it off. Sungjong stood up and cleared his throat.

"I-I'm done, too. I'll be going to the kitchen to help out," Sungjong announced. He grabbed his unfinished bowl of rice and ran to sink to escape the heavy atmosphere. This time, Wooyoung gave Yoseob the same look Yoseob had given him, but the adorable boy just shook his head. Now the dining table consisted of Wooyoung, Yoseob, Sunggyu, Sungyeol, and Woohyun.

Wooyoung cleared his throat and glanced at Sunggyu. "Hey, Sunggyu. Aren't you done eating?"

Sungyeol and Woohyun stared at Sunggyu's bowl. It was nearly filled with rice, as if Sunggyu had never touched it. Sunggyu looked up with eyes full of hunger, but the look on Wooyoung seemed to threaten Sunggyu. Sunggyu silently nodded his head and got up.

"Y-Yeah. I-I'm finished," Sunggyu declared nervously. 

Sungyeol widened his eyes and tugged on Sunggyu's sleeve. "Now wait! Hyung, you can't be finished when you only ate that much. A man has to eat more! Finish up!"

"Yeah, finish up, Sunggyu," Woohyun agreed. Sunggyu was surprised that Woohyun was defending him and his poor stomach. Woohyun turned to Wooyoung and Yoseob and glared at them with fierce, dark eyes. This caused Wooyoung to stiffen and Yoseob to slightly whimper. "Who are you two to say that someone's finished when they only ate two bites of their breakfast?"

"I think you're underestimating us," Wooyoung said, crossing his arms. 

"Understimating what? Look, this guy looks sick. He needs to eat. Wait for a few minutes, or get up first," Woohyun snapped. There was an electrifying tension between their glares, and none of them spoke up. Sungyeol encouraged Sunggyu to eat quickly, hoping that once Sunggyu was gone, everything would be okay. Wooyoung growled when Dongwoo and Hoya entered the kitchen with sweat covering their skin.

"Yo! Did we miss breakfast?" Dongwoo asked enthusiastically. Wooyoung groaned and stood up from his seat. He didn't bother picking up his bowl and walked straight into the guest room. Yoseob blinked his eyes, and followed after handing IU his empty dishes. The two dancers frowned, and stared at Woohyun.

"Did something happen?" Hoya questioned him. Woohyun glanced at the boys, and shrugged his shoulders as he stood up.

"Nothing. Nothing big happened," he lied.

 

"IU?"

"Yes?"

"Do you have a minute?"

"I-I'm busy cleaning the… shelf, Myungsoo. Why?" 

"Come on, IU. I know that you cleaned the shelf yesterday before your friends came over."

"Best to clean it again for the guests! Look at all these dust after one day!"

"What dust? IU, are you avoiding me?"

"Me? Avoid you? No! Myungsoo, don't think so childishly."

"Can you say that when looking into my eyes?" Myungsoo asked tiredly. Jieun nervously laughed and continued sweeping the glossy shelf with a dust sweeper. She ignored Myungsoo's last question and walked over to the couch, pretending to organize the pillows, which were already neatly placed and decorated on the couch. No matter how much she tried to avoid Myungsoo, he kept following her like a little puppy. When Myungsoo grabbed her wrist, Jieun looked away and rubbed her eyes.

"Sorry, my eyes are kind of itchy. Keep talking," Jieun replied quickly. Myungsoo sighed, and forced Jieun down the couch. Jieun yelped, and couldn't help but glance at Myungsoo's cold look.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday, okay? I didn't mean to make things awkward between us," Myungsoo apologized. Jieun laughed and looked down at her hands.

"It's fine! After all, it was just a peck, right?" Jieun said. Myungsoo kept quiet, and this caused Jieun to fidget. She heard him sigh deeply, and when she looked up, she spotted him nodding his head.

"Yeah. It was just a peck. Nothing more, nothing less," Myungsoo mumbled. Jieun bit her bottom lip and nodded her head painfully.

"Y-Yeah… Just a peck," she muttered. At that moment, the two felt extremely awkward with each other. Wooyoung, who was about to walk in, paused in front of the entrance to the living room and decided to spy on them. He also sensed the awkward atmosphere surrounded the room, and for a moment, he felt that it was uneccessary to teach Myungsoo a lesson. 

He's already ruining his relationship with her now, Wooyoung thought. Then, he smirked proudly and slipped his hands in his pocket. Serves him right, though, for kissing our innocent Jieun.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Wooyoung whirled his body around and faced Woohyun, who was glaring at him with eyes cold as Antartica. Wooyoung examined Woohyun, then shrugged.

"I dunno. It's a mansion. It would be strange if anyone didn't want to explore this place," Wooyoung said, making up and excuse. He noticed how Woohyun had the fierce look in his eyes, and Wooyoung had imagined the unthinkable. Maybe I can corrupt him. It can happen. 

"You're unusually quiet. What's up?" Woohyun asked. He suddenly smashed his fist against the wall, landing almost an inch away from Wooyoung's face. "Wanna talk?"

Wooyoung was just about to speak up with he noticed Yoseob walking down the stairs. He heaved a sigh and pushed Woohyun's fist away from his face.

"No, I don't. I don't have time to waste my breath on you," Wooyoung replied calmly. He strolled away and caught up with Yoseob, who was surprised to see his friend with him. Woohyun narrowed his eyes and walked into the living room. Bumping into IU, he was able to catch a glimpse of her embarrassed expression. Her cheeks were bright pink like a vase of pink roses at the corner of the room. She didn't bother to apologize for bumping into the lone wolf, for she rushed away from the living room to some other room. Woohyun walked towards Myungsoo, who seemed a bit irritated.

"What's up?" Woohyun asked. Myungsoo looked up, stared at Woohyun for a moment, then looked away.

"Nothing. Nothing's up," Myungsoo said, running his fingers through his hair. He stood up from his seat and forced a smile. "I'm going to bed. Night."

Woohyun blinked his eyes as he watched Myungsoo drag his feet across the carpet. "But it's only noon…"