Hoya's Fantasy

Oppas' Little Girl

"From now one, we work harder than before," Wooyoung announced. He crossed off Myungsoo's name from his little check list and smiled with satisfaction. Sunggyu and Myungsoo were already done with, and it was time for Yoseob to make his move. "Sunggyu is already under our control, which is pretty pathetic of him since he's the oldest and should be the bravest. Myungsoo is already wrecking his relationship with Jieun, so there's no need to bother him."

Yoseob raised his hand. "Um, Wooyoung? Jieun told us to call her 'IU.' She says that her real name is too common and that it doesn't carry any special meaning."

Wooyoung paused for a moment, then scowled. "Why is she changing her name? Her name is beautiful."

"And extremely common," Thunder added, chewing on a piece of bread. He his fingers and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't see the big deal. Why not just call her 'IU?' She likes it."

"Don't you have someone to talk to?" Yoseob asked, siding with Wooyoung. Thunder rolled his eyes and his lips.

"Nope, I don't. I figure that I should ruin Hoya's and Dongwoo's lives later during their talent show," Thunder replied. "Though that includes IU being extremely close to one of the guys."

"Why one of the guys? Why can't it be us?" Yoseob questioned him.

"Think about it. If Hoya or Dongwoo saw IU being really close to us, they'll just feel enraged. If they see her around guys like Sunjong, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, or whatever, then they'll just feel dreaded and will have to back down just for the sake of their happiness," Thunder explained. Wooyoung raised an eyebrow, and slowly began to clap his hands.

"When did you start thinking about all this?" Wooyoung asked. Thunder scoffed.

"I'm a genius, unlike you two." He glanced at Yoseob, then smirked. "Especially you, Yoseob. You didn't even try to talk to Sungyeol or Sungjong. Why? Are you scared?"

Yoseob's cheeks turned red. "I-It's because I was talking to IU and never had the time to talk to them! In fact, I'll go see them right now!"

As Yoseob stormed out of the house, Wooyoung and Thunder exchanged worried glances. The two knew that Yoseob would fail. For the years they had hung around with him, Yoseob was always the softie who could hardly step up for himself unless he had back up. Wooyoung gave Thunder a pleading look, while Thunder glared and shook his head. 

"I'm not going to save that boy," Thunder declared. "He's all yours."

Wooyoung heaved a sigh and scowled. "You ."

"Your welcome."

 

"But Sungyeol oppa, why aren't you coming to the party? Everyone is going to be there!" 

Sungyeol sighed silently to himself. He had been on the phone with a girl he had flirted with during tennis lessons, and he unconsciously made her fall in love with him. Ever since the woman called him, she would not hang up and threatened to leave hundreds of text messages if he hung up. They had been on the phone for two hours, and all they've been talking about was why Sungyeol wasn't coming to a small party she was having with her friends.

I don't want to come! Sungyeol wanted to scream. I hardly even know you! I even made plans to hang around with IU today or something! Gah, stop bothering me and hang up, alright?

"Sorry sweetheart, but I'm busy," Sungyeol replied calmly. "Maybe next week? I have a few guests in my hands and-"

"But you live with six other guys! Can't they take care of your guests?" the girl asked him.

"No. Everyone is busy," he lied. "Sunggyu disappeared off to somewhere, Hoya and Dongwoo went somewhere else to practice their dancing, Myungsoo is upstairs studying, Woohyun went to get into a fight, and Sungjong is going somewhere with IU- Holy cow. Call you back later."

Sungyeol quickly hung up and ran over at Sungjong, who was ready to leave the house with IU. As IU slipped on her shoes, Sungyeol widened his eyes and grabbed her wrist, preventing her from leaving the house.

Ba-thump. "Wait, you were going to leave with Sungjong?"

IU blinked her eyes. "Yes, why?"

"I thought you were going to stay home and hang around with Yoseob, Wooyoung, and Thunder!" Sungyeol exclaimed. IU laughed and pulled her wrist away from Sungeyol's grip.

"What? No, I wasn't. Wooyoung told me that he was going to call someone and meet his friend up later today. Thunder's on the computer in his room. He was muttering about planning something really important, so I decided to leave him alone. As for Yoseob… I think he's free. Why don't you just hang around with him for today? I bet you that he'll enjoy your company," IU suggested. Sungyeol gaped at her while she waved and left the house with Sungjong. As the door slammed on the shocked boy, Sungyeol could only stand still, feel dejected.

"Goodness gracious, good thing she left. Me and you together for a whole day? Ha! That's impossible," Yoseob mocked. He burst into laughter as Sungyeol turned around and glared at him. He made a fist, ready to attack the laughing boy.

"Shut up! It's a good thing that I just confirmed with you about you not liking me. I despise you," Sungyeol muttered. Yoseob smirked and examined his hand.

"Mhm. Sure, whatever. You know what IU despises more, though? Guys who loves to flirt with other woman, like you," Yoseob teased. Sungyeol's cheeks turned bright red as he looked away. Yoseob laughed again and walked closer to Sungyeol. "What? Did I already make you speechless? How pathetic."

Sungyeol clenched his fist. Then, he made a strange expression at Yoseob, leaving him confused. The angry boy shaped his lips into a perfect sqaure, his breath and furiously biting his bottom lip. His eyebrows went down and his eyes widened in a comical matter. He stormed away, leaving Yoseob speechless and feeling dumbfounded.

"What in the world was that?" Yoseob muttered to himself. "Looked like an owl…"

Away from him, he could hear Sungyeol laugh, mocking at Yoseob's pathetic expression. Yoseob scowled and crossed his arms after realizing that he was being made fun of.

This is going to be harder than I thought, Yoseob thought to himself, strolling around the house. Wooyoung, who had spied Yoseob and Sungyeol, held his stomach to prevent himself from laughing too hard. To him, it was getting hilarious. To Yoseob, things were getting serious.

 

"One, two, three four! Stop!" Dongwoo yelled. Hoya stumbled over his foot, tripped over to the side, and fell on his hands. Sweat trickled down his forehead as he panted for air. Dongwoo heaved a sigh, noting that it was already the tenth time Hoya had stumbled while practicing. This time, Dongwoo decided not to lend Hoya a hand and made sure that Hoya got up on his own.

"Can I… take a… break?" Hoya pleaded, his voice hoarse and scratchy. Any reasonable person could tell that he was exhausted and needed a five to ten minute break, but Dongwoo was merciless. Dongwoo snapped his fingers and sat back down, narrowing his eyes at Hoya as he slipped his hands in his pocket.

"No. Again. You need to get it perfect. What's bothering you?" Dongwoo asked. Hoya shook his head.

"Nothing. Nothing is bothering me," Hoya lied. There was an uncomfortable pause in the air. The poor boy sighed and shook his head. "Stop staring at me like that, Dongwoo hyung. It's getting bothersome-"

"Is it IU?" Dongwoo blurted. At this, Hoya turned red and he quickly covered his face with his towel.

"No," he muttered, his voice barely audible. Dongwoo rolled his eyes.

"Are you serious, Hoya? Again? What do you like about her so much?" Dongwoo asked, scowling. "We have a competition coming up in just matter of days. Are you really going to let a girl get in the way?"

Hoya pulled down his towel, and his expression changed. His looks became soft and shy, like a young boy experiencing first love. He understood that Dongwoo had a lot of pride in him, but he still wanted to have some room in his mind for his little crush.

"Hyung, don't you get nervous at the thought of someone really close to you watching you do something you love on stage?"

"Dude. We invited Sunggyu, Myungsoo, and Sungyeol to come last year to see us dance-"

"No, no! I mean… someone really close. Like, a girl. Don't you get nervous at the thought of IU seeing us dance? What if IU suddenly admires my dancing skills and she asks if I can teach her? Then… Then every thing would change. While I teach her, we get closer to each other. Then one day there might be an incident where she trips over and falls on me and then… and then we kiss and…" Hoya's face turned bright red as he continued to fantasize his relationship with IU in the future.

Dongwoo, who stood by the side, stared at Hoya with disbelief. "You're already thinking of kissing IU? What the heck?"

Hoya flushed in embarrassment and threw his sweaty towel at Dongwoo. "S-Shut up! It was only a thought…"

"If I were you, I would ask her for a date if you won the talent show or something," Dongwoo suggested. Hoya widened his eyes as Dongwoo continued on with a grim expression. "Going on a date is pretty easy. Remember when I asked IU to go on a date with her? She's really easy to sway. Though I got in huge trouble for allowing Sungyeol to take IU away… Other than that, she's willing to do anything you want."

Hoya scowled. "I hate it how you were the first person to go on a date with IU. It's so unfair! We all knew that it wasn't even a good date."

Dongwoo laughed. "Whatever. Now, if you practice and work hard without messing up, then I'll help you with IU. If you start messing up, then you can good-bye to your dreams with IU."

Hoya nodded his head, excited to know that he had someone who would support him with IU. That day, he worked extra hard just for the sake of his future with IU.

 

Wooyoung checked his phone, then frowned. It had been ten minutes since he had waited outside the coffee shop, and he was holding two cup of ice coffee in his hands. He felt like an idiot who was waiting for nothing. At that very moment, he found a white car park in front of him and the window rolled down. In the car was a short man and a lovely female. They were obviously a couple, but those who were naive would've thought that they were only good friends. Wooyoung handed the female the two coffees and sighed.

"What took you two so long?" Wooyoung asked, irritated. He turned to the short male and narrowed his eyes. "I thought I told you to come, not with your wife."

"What? It's been so long I've seen Jieun. She never even got to see my wife when she left," the man replied lightly.

"I think she'll hate to see your wife. You know that she had feelings for you before," Wooyoung replied, watching the man take a sip of coffee from his wife's straw. Seeing all the lovely moments between the couple made Wooyoung feel sick, so he decided to get straight to the point. "Taeyang, I know you were planning to visit Jieun, but please don't."

"Why not?" Taeyang asked. "She'll be delighted to see me! We were only friends."

"She might have feelings for you. She's not the type who's willing to move on in only a few seconds."

"Wooyoung, it's going to be fine. I heard that there's going to be a talent show at her school. Did she say that she's going to do anything?" Taeyang asked.

"She's not participating. Why would you think she would participate after every thing you did to her? You rejected her in front of the whole school!" Wooyoung yelled furiously.

"But she sang her confession to me first-"

"You could've at least accepted and rejected her quietly without embarrassing her in front of the whole school!" Wooyoung shouted. Noticing how loud Wooyoung was becoming, he took a deep breath and shook his head. "You know what? Forget it. Just forget it. Just don't come and see Jieun. You're going to ruin her."

With that, the irritated boy stormed away. Taeyang's wife walked over to him and patted his shoulder.

"Honey, what was that about? He seems to hate you, even though you two were good friends," she mumbled.

"I don't blame him. After all, it was I who had made Jieun leave our hometown. If I hadn't rejected her, she wouldn't be here today," Taeyang replied back.