Chapter 35:

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

I went home straight after all of my classes ended. I locked myself in this lifeless house and in my room. I'm all by myself. 

I removed my clothes one by one, seeing a part of me little by little. I stare at myself in front of my mirror. Full of bruises everywhere and I feel so abused. I feel so broken.

1 week ago:

"Where the hell is he?!" Someone shouted outside the door. 

"Please calm yourself Ms." I heard a nurse said. 

"HOW CAN I CALM MYSELF IF THAT DIRTY CHILD ALMOST KILLED MY SON!" She groaned.

My heart began to beat so fast that even I can already hear it. I ran my fingers to the duvet and pulled it closer to me. I feel scared that I feel I'm going to puke.

Suddenly, the hostipal door made a loud thud. My Step Mom is looking at me in disgust and She was being held by nurses away from me.

She passed through them easily and went towards me, making a noisy sound on her feet. She slapped my face hard. 

It's stings as I taste blood on my lips.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. It's my fault. I can't blame her. I'm trembling so much that I can't look her in the eyes. I putted my knees closer to my chest.

"SORRY?!" She pulled my shirt. Before she can hit me again , she was stopped by security guards and pulled her out.

I feel so heavy.

Present:

Darkness filled the room as I sitted at the corner of my room. I removed the bandages around my body and replaced it with new ones. 

When will these heal? Will it heal?

I putted some clothes and went downstairs , getting something to eat. I only opened the lamp so I can see less. I don't want to have a better view of this house without Jeno in it. The memories of him here . 

It'll only make me feel worse.

Before I can reach the fridge , someone doorbelled. Who is it? I didn't know someone will visit this night. Kai hyung stopped coming to this house. He rented an apartment just to stay away from me. 

But why didn't just throw me out of this house? Does he hate it to? 

I went towards the door slowly so I won't fall because of the darkness. I reached the gate. I hesitated at first thinking that it's my stepmother but it'll only anger her more if I didn't open it.

I opened it just to see someone holding boxes of pizzas. It's Taeyong. Somehow I feel relieved that it's not her.

"What are you doing here?" I told him in monotonous tone.

"I just thought that maybe you haven't eaten yet?" He showed a gentle smile. "I'm glad your here. I thought that you didn't go home yet since your lights are out. Good thing I saw a little light coming from your lamp."

"Whatever but I'm not hungry-" but my stomach failed me. It made a sound even Taeyong can here. 

"Your stomach says otherwise." Taeyong smiled and went inside without my permission. 

"Yah!" He pulled me by my hand and we went inside. His hand. I can feel his warmth. Since when did I last felt this? Everyone is cold around me but why him? Why won't he leave me like others did to me.

"Why are you isolating yourself in the dark?" He asked me. 

"I want to be alone."

"Alone?" He tightened his grip on my hand ensuring me that I'm wrong. "Will it kill you to open up the lights?"

"Please don't." 

He heaved a sigh and just agreed to my request. 

We sat on the living room and he opened the boxes of pizzas. I lit up the candles and we ate in silence , just enjoying the food.

It's delicious. I guess he knows what I like to. 

"Wine?" I suggested to him and he agreed. 

I served him the drink and we began to talk for like an hour about painful memories . I opened up about Jeno and how I feel stupid about myself.

He just listened. I'm glad that someone still listens.

"I'm sorry." Taeyong said to me. I know that he also feels guilty about what happened but it's not his fault. 

It's my fault from the start.

"Why?" I asked him. "Why did you lie about not knowing me?"

"Well you didn't ask so that's not what you'll call lying. " He raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Yah..That's not the point!" I groaned.

"Remember when I kissed you in the comfort room?" 

I nodded. He's a stranger to me back then. And I thought he's a hidden ert behind that handsome face.

"I did that because you don't know how long I missed you but you don't even remember me." Taeyong continued after he took a sip from his glass. " The moment I saw you sitting on a chair inside our class, I can't be mistaken. You're the Ten that I love."

"How can I know that you really love me? You lied. All of you are liers! " I drink a big amount of wine and made a loud sound on the table.

"Call me anything you want but that's not going to change anything. I love you and nothing's going to change that." Taeyong said calmly. 

I clenched my fist. "Why?"

"I know I hurted you. That's the truth. There's a dare that happened before."

"I know about that."

"The dare is I'll date and... eventually break up with you but before that happened , I broke up with Winwin. I didn't really love him from the start. I'm so heartless back then."

"Even now" I argued.

"Please let me finish" He showed me a pleading look. 

I rolled my eyes on him as I took a sip of wine. 

Taeyong continued. "I hated your smile that's why I did that."

"My smile?! "

"Yup. You smile like the whole world is good on you. You smile as if you don't have anything on your shoulders that brings you down. That pearly smile that everyone adores, Even I." 

"That's not true. Behind that smile I-" he didn't let me finish.

"You are hiding a big weight on your heart, just like me." He said in a low voice. "I followed you back then and that's where I witnessed what kind of home you live in. Your Step Mom-"

"Stop. Just stop."

"I began to care because of you. You made everything complete because I found someone who is the same as me but different in many ways. Different meaning , you can smile and you are kindhearted." Taeyong continued avoiding my eyes. "I began to love you truthfully and I want to tell you about that dare but it's too late."

I feel so weak like I'm going to burst into tears but I didn't. 

"And Ten. You stopped talking to me and that's when I witnessed you being suicidal and being bullied." Taeyong voice started to tremble. "I couldn't protect you. Remember Lisa?"

"Yup." I remember meeting her the practice room. I felt bad not remembering her back then.

"She said we laughed at you for wearing her pink jacket. I won't deny that I did, but it's not the laugh of making fun of you. I think you were cute and-"

"I was hiding my bleeding arm."

"Yes .. I didn't know that back then. Lisa told me."

We finished the whole bottle and I feel hot and tired. I feel sleepy. I remember I don't have such a thing for alcohol. 

"Ten looked at yourself. " He looked at my bruises.

"What?" I looked at him . "I know it's ugly , stop-"

"It's not that." He pulled his chair closer to me as he removed the bandages on my arms. "You didn't properly-"

"Hey , I know how to do it!" I groaned at him. 

"Doesn't look like it." He told me smiling. "You've been lying so much this night. "

"I'm not lying!" I shouted through my lungs.

He gently putted the bandages back to my arms. I can't deny it, he did it better than me. It's more secure and it doesn't fall off.

I looked at him and his face is so close to me. I can feel his warm breath on to my lips. I can smell the strong wine we both drank.

He gently touched my face and kissed me. Is it because of the alcohol? I don't know anymore. He traveled his hand down to my legs and it felt so good. 

"Taeyong." I called out to him in this dark place as I grabbed his collar .

"Ten, can I?" He asked for my permission.

I nodded. He lifted my shirt up and putted his arms around my waist. I can feel his warmth and I really love it. 

I ed his long sleeves and I felt his body heat getting closer to me.

He pulled me up and let me sit on his lap. I can feel his underneath me. "Where's you room?" He asked me.

I gestured him upstairs and he carried me easily. I hang my arms around his neck as he brought me upstairs. I want his warmth around me. He opened my room , locked it and gently placed me on the bed. 

He continued in kissing me as I touched him , feeling his masculine body. Tears fell from my eyes and so does his. We're a mess. 

"Ten, I love you." He gently touched my wounds , trying his best not to hurt me. "You are perfect."

I moaned the moment he ran his hand between my thighs and felt the pressure. "Taeyong~" 

"Ten, I can't take it anymore." He opened the zipper of his pants and made his hard on out. He grinded on me as Taeyong removed all my clothes. 

It's too much. I felt good. He entered through me and that's all I can remember. Holding my hand tightly and never letting me go. 

"I still love you too."