Chapter 26: Regret

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

 

Taeyong's POV:

He left me. He just left me sitting in my car all alone. I rested my head on the back of my hands on the steering wheel as tears escaped from my eyes. It really hurts you know that?! I feel so broken deep inside.

I hold my chest as I breathe in and out heavily. I began hitting it checking if it's still working. My heart still beats though but why am I feeling that I'm already dead? I'm so lost without you.

You must have felt the same way right, Ten? Or you're feeling greater pain that even I could never imagine. You've cried so many times because of me but most of those times I turned a blind eye. I feel like I didn't care at all but now is different. 

'Is it different?' I questioned myself. 'Or I'm just doing this because I'm empty?' I hate myself so much, do you know that? If I didn't do that to you maybe just maybe, we can still be together. No accidents, just you and me.

I love you to the point that I'll give my everything to you. It doesn't matter if you use me, as long as I can stay right beside you and protect you. You can ask me anything you want and that includes my heart, my soul , my  body , my money and everything I have. I'll give it to you without hesitation and doubt.

Some may say that it's my punishment for my sins but it's not.
I'm not doing this because I'm forced to, I'm doing this because I want to. 

I don't feel like I'm being judge when I'm around you, Ten.  You never see me as a bad guy when we first met. You're just so different among those people around me. The only one who never used me.

I don't care what the world thinks about me. What matters is you, Ten.
All I care about is what you see in me but all of that will change if you'll remember right? You'll start to hate and resent me.

It's okay because I deserve it. All of it.  I feel like nothing good is happening in my life anymore. Without you. Everything turned into black without any warning. Just a dull life I must say.

If only you knew how annoyed I was at you when you smiled in front of that class one day when you introduced yourself. I don't know myself back then. How can I hate your smile right? It's perfect.

Maybe that's the reason why I hated you. You are so perfect that it seems like you handled your life without worries and problems. You're just a rich kid that dealt his life with ease but I was wrong. I was so wrong.

I was jealous, I admit. I was jealous at the fact that you can smile like that while I can't. Something triggered  inside of me that made me want to destroy you.

I want you to feel what I'm feeling too.   I want you to feel having a near broken family, being judged by everyone and hated .If that's the case, i want to see if you can still smile. Can you still be a perfect image in front of me?

We've played a game called a stupid truth or dare. I took the dare when the bottle pointed at me. If I think about it, what if I didn't play that game? Will it change anything?

They dared me to date you, Ten and break up with you afterwards. I thought back then that it was a great idea. I'm not the only one who'll witness it but everyone else in campus. That's the most stupid thing I ever thought.

I broke up with Winwin in order to do that but I didn't know back then that he'll do much worst than I could. He'll be the one to continue what I haven't finished. 

I can't blame him though. It's because of me he did that. I hurted him and used him like a pawn. He didn't deserve that.

-----

My Past:

I sit down and watched people filling up the room. I saw him and smirked. "Found you. My target."

He's like a star of the day because many of my classmates are already friends with him. He smiled and smiled to the point that I feel sick of it.

He saw me sitting all alone staring at him and he didn't hesitated to leave that group just to sit beside me. I thought that maybe he pitied me and wants me to realize the position I'm in.

"Taeyong." Ten called sitting beside me. "Hi, there."

It's my chance to get closer to him. 
"Hey, I'm sorry if I said mean things to you earlier." I smiled. "Not just a great day I guess?"

"Don't worry about it." Ten chuckled.

What's wrong with him?! He forgive me just like that? I sighed trying to calm myself. "How about we hang out after classes together, what do you say?"

His smile dropped turning into a frown. "I don't think I can go." Ten looked sorry for me. "I need to go home straight. Maybe next time?"

What, strick parents I guess? No one turned down a offer made by me before!! He's giving me a headache right now. "Okay I'll take that as a yes!" I said cheerfully acting like a moron.

"Uhmmm." He panicked. "I didn't mean to be rude but I really need to go home straight."

"What's fun in life if your letting yourself stay in your comfort zone?" I looked at his eyes but he avoided it. I reached his hand and he flinched. "It's okay, I'll take responsibility. I'll bring you home in no time."

Ten nodded in defeat. "Okay, but just for an hour? Is that enough?"

Who hangs out within an hour?! You can't call that a hang out. This stupid kid. "Yeah, that's enough." I just agreed to it. 

The classes ended and I reached out for his hand. He gladly accepted it. You're so easy Ten. Way too easy. I brought him out to the hallway and I saw eyes staring at us. 

My step one. Make an issue in front of everybody and they'll start to hate you. They'll be jealous and at the same time, mad at you.

I heard whispers about me and Ten. I didn't care though. All of them are hypocrites. 

"I thought he is with Winwin?"

"Didn't you here, they just broke up." 

"Ten is so fast. Might as well teach him a lesson not to steal our Taeyong. "
"Why Ten??? Ten's mine!"

He bowed down as we walked. He pulled my uniform at the back lightly and whispered. "Taeyong, they are staring at us."

"Who cares?" I assured him. "It's okay, no one will hurt you." I'll be the one to do so. I'll break you.

Ten nodded shyly. I brought him to a cafe near the school. I treated him with a slice of chocolate cake and a chocolate drink.

"Taeyong, you didn't really have to pay for it." Ten said shyly to me. "It's expensive."

Wait. What? For a moment I  thought this guy is rich. Am I looking on the wrong side of the story here?

"Don't worry, just treat me next time."
I smiled as I drink my coffee. 

"Coffee isn't good for you." Ten added. "You're still too young to be drinking that." He pointed out.

"You think?" I looked at him. No one ever stopped me before in drinking coffee or no one really cared enough.  

"Thank you." He said low but enough for me to hear. 

"For what?" I looked at him confused.

"For bringing me here. It's been a while since I went out." He grinned that made me gulped. 

"You serious?" What is he doing with his life?!!

"Yup." He looked at me directly in the eyes that made my heart skip a beat.

What's wrong with me??!! Okay Lee Taeyong, don't forget the dare you . 

"My only destination is school and house." He said as he eat his chocolate cake. "That's all."

What a loser and a nerd. The only asset he has is that smile.

----

After an hour as promised, I walked him towards his house. He's just there smiling as he looked at the trees that surrounds us. 

He's pretty, I admit. Prettier than a girl. My heartbeat became fast for a moment thinking about that. Wait Taeyong. What's wrong with you again?! 

"Taeyong, have you ever thought what would happen if you disappear?
He looked down. "Cause I want to know what would happen if I disappear."

That question surprised me. Why would he think like that? Isn't he happy with his life? "I -"

"Nevermind." Ten smiled at me like he said nothing at all. "It's a stupid question." 

I frowned. Okay he's confusing me right now. I don't know what's up with him but I think he wouldn't be as easy as I thought he would be.

We finally reached his house after a long walk. It's big just like ours. So it's confirmed, he's rich.  I doorbelled through their gate and a guy which seems older than us showed up.

"Ten why are you late?" He said seriously when he opened the gate. "And who is this guy?" He looked at me annoyed.

Ten stayed in silence as he looked at me. Looks like I'm the one who'll do the explaining.

"I'm Lee Taeyong, Ten's friend." I greeted. Who is he to look at me like that? Good thing I'm not in the bad mood because  if I am, I already punched him in the face. "I've only hanged out with him that's why he's late. I'm sorry for that."

"Ohh I see." He crossed his arms. "My name is Kai, Ten's older brother. Nice to meet you." He offered his hand for me to shake. 

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled as I took it. We both tighten our hold in each others hand, thinking who might give up first. We both glared at each other while showing  a fake smile. 

"Yes indeed." Kai said while gritting his teeth. 

I must say he has a strong hand but not as strong as mine. If Ten's not watching, I already broke his bones.

"That's a long shake hand." Ten chuckled. "Stop it both of you"

We both then let go but still glaring at each other. Looks like I found a big hindrance in getting Ten. An annoying overprotective brother.

"Thank you again Taeyong." Ten smiled. "Kai, I'll go inside first."

"I said for the nth time, call me Kai hyung." He said to him. I wonder what's the relation between those two. It seems like Ten isn't accustomed in calling his brother hyung.

"Yeah. Sure. Next time." Ten mumbled as he went in.

"Hey, Taeyong is it?" Kai looked at me when Ten's out of sight.

"What?" I said bluntly. 

"Please don't do this again.You don't know what harm you're bringing to him." 

Actually I know. I know too well what I'm doing. 

"Well Taeyong. You Actually Don't."