Chapter 11: Past

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

Ten's POV:

I am currently laying down on my bed late at night. My lamp is the only thing open. 

I can't hide the smile on my face as I think about our date. I can't deny that I'm not excited about this. Why do I feel like this? I feel my face burned. My heart is telling me something and I don't want to hear it. 

My phone rang, informing me that I received a message. I get it from my nightstand and opened it, only to see that unfamiliar I.D. again. It creeps me out as I throw my phone away from me. 

It says "Ten 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Dead" 

I feel so scared that I can't move my body. I feel numb. "Who the hell are you?!" I shouted as tears fell down my face. "Stop hunting me!" 

"Hyung?!" Jeno knocks to my door as he panicked. " Are you okay?! Open the door!"

I cried as I hugged my pillows close to me. I feel so threaten. I feel like he/she is watching me everywhere I go.

Jeno opened the door with the spare key and ran to me. He hugged me tightly giving me warmth in his embrace. "Ten hyung, it's alright okay? I'm here." He said as worry filled his face.

I hugged him back tightly, resting my face on his shoulder. "I'm sorry." Tears continue to fall. I don't know what to do.

He wiped away my tears, cupping my face. He asked me what happened and I said that I only had a nightmare. A real life nightmare to be exact. I don't want him to worry about me.

After few minutes, I finally calmed down. "Jeno, go back to sleep now." I said to him patting his back. "It's late already."

"I'll stay here with you." He said as he settled himself at my right side of my bed. He didn't want me to say no to him and didn't wait for my response. I feel glad that he did that. I think I need some company, now that I feel like my past is hunting me.

"Okay Jeno." I said, thanking him. I hugged him like a pillow and we both went to dreamland.

----------

Next Day:

Me and Jeno walked to school. We need some exercise now that we don't do it very often. To tell you the real reason, it's because I'm not really in the condition to drive. Jeno got his student's drivers license last week but I won't let him drive my car. I feel like the moment I leave to him my car, I'll got a call that it got car crashed. I don't want him to face an accident because the moment I hear that, I don't know what I'll do. I can't afford to lose my precious Jeno. 

It feels relaxing as I smell the fresh air around us. It makes me forget my problems temporarily. It's really a great day as the sun is smiling at the sky. The trees waving to a slight morning breeze as leaves fall one by one. 

"Ten hyung." Jeno called to me as we walk.

"Hmmmm?" I looked at him still feeling the refreshing air.

"Feeling better?" He asked with worry evident on his face. I hate it when I see Jeno like that. It breaks my heart seeing him worry about me. Not only him but also Kai hyung. My brothers are the only family left for me and I don't want to add up to their problems.

"I guess so. I feel like I can do this everyday." I said in a cheerful voice to comfort him, holding his arm in the process to pull him close to me.

"Sure ,but not everyday hyung." Jeno frowned. 

I laughed at him. "Okay fine. We'll do this every other day." 

We reach the school gates. We're finally here after that nice walk. It feels new walking to school like this. I can't even remember the last time we did.

We entered the hallways and there we parted ways as he waved goodbye at me. 

I then approached my locker and entered the code in my lock to open it freely. I get my books one by one and putting it in my bag and some on my arms. The weight is killing me. Why do we have to study as much as this anyway? They think that all will enter in our head. That's absurd. 

"Tennnn!!!" Yuta called through the hallways. He is really loud and I feel so overwhelmed. My morning got disturbed because of one loud Yuta.

"Yuta." I glared at him. "Why are you shouting early at the morning?" 

"Have you seen Hansol?" He looks worried. Sweat falls on his forehead as he crouched, catching his breath.

"No, why?" I tilted my head.

"He's been avoiding me! What should I do!!!?" He shouted like we are alone in the hallway. 

"What did you do that made him hide away from you?" I crossed my arms as I stare at him. I don't know what this is about though.

"Uhmmm about that." He scratched the back of his head. "You see he saw me with a girl yesterday and he thought I was cheating on him."

My eyes widened at his answer. "You both are dating?!" I shouted.I can't really believe what I heard. 

"Isn't it obvious?" He looked at me in disbelief as he straighten his posture.

"Obvious?! I didn't even see you talking to one another!" It's true . The first I met them , I thought they weren't even friends. 

"That's rude Ten!"

"It's true!"

"Whatever. Just help me settle things with him. I can't take it anymore." He begged.

"Before that, who is the lucky girl?" I . 

"Tennnn!" He shouted at me. He sighed and looked at me. He looks defeated and don't want to be pushed on his edge anymore. "Her name is Lisa."

"Lisa? That's a familiar name." It's in the tip of my tongue. I can't recall it but I'm sure I've heard it before.

"Maybe you met each other before since you are both from Thailand." He said with a straight look.

"Really?" I asked confused. 

"Yah Yah! Let's get back to the topic about Hansol?!" Yuta jumped in annoyance.

"Ohh yeah. I'll try talking to him later so calm down okay?" I patted his shoulders for him to settle down. He is like a child with his tantrums.

"Okay. I'll leave it in your hands." He said with hope in his eyes.

"Trust me." 

------

I entered the classroom and went straight to my seat, not minding the noisy students chatting on one another. I opened my bag to grab my phone and called my brother. I feel worried because of his co-worker. He texted me that Kai hyung has a fever. I may show my irritating side towards him but I can't deny that I don't care about him. Hyung cared for me and Jeno so much that he is willing to sacrifice everything for us.

I called him through the phone. "Hyung." 

"Ten~" his voice sounds hoarse.

"I heard you're sick. Are you feeling any better?" I asked worried and low.

"I should be the one asking you that." He chuckled.

"Don't worry about me. I'm okay."

"Same goes to me."

"Hyung drink your medicine and eat properly okay? Take care of your self. I'll visit you later okay?"

"Okay. Take care also~."

"Babye."

"Bye~"

Conversation end . 

My mind is really everywhere. I don't know.if I'm still thinking straight after everything that happened. I opened my phone to see my messages. I reread those texts that I received from that unknown person. I feel scared as memories of last night came back to me. I don't know what to do. Who is that person anyway? Does he/she know me? Do I know that person from the past? If so then he/she might be my greatest clue of all.

My senses came back to me when Doyoung waved his hand infront of me. "You alright?"

"I'm fine." I said as I lock the screen of my phone, hiding it from his sight.

"You sure?" 

I nodded, smiling at him .

---

The bell rang signaling for the first subject. Mr. Lay entered the class and we greeted him as he greeted back. 
Taeyong caught my attention when he called my name.

"Ten." He whispered. That voice of his that makes me turn on. I'm still not sure of my feelings towards him but it's getting stronger the longer I'm with him.

I looked at him. "What is it?"

"Come with me later at the Cafeteria?" He said doing an aegyo. What a cute sight but I frowned hiding my real expression.

"Why?"

"I'll introduce to you to my friends."

What is that suppose to mean?! Why does he need to introduce me to his friends?! I don't know what I'm suppose to feel right now. I feel happy but at the same time nervous.

"Okay." I smiled at him.

"Good." He smiled back.

--------------

Author's Note:

Hi Guys :) Thank you for reading my Taeten fanfic :) I promise that I'll do my best :) Please comment down below for suggestions and such. BABYE~