Chapter 14: Worry

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

Jeno heard about the news about his hyung. Gossips sure flies fast in this university. 

"Jeno! Did you hear?" Chenle said with worry in his face. They are in the classroom with the rest of their classmates chattering to one another.

"What are you talking about?" Jeno replied, now facing Chenle. 

"About your hyung." 

"What about him?" Jeno glared at him. He isn't sure where this is going though. Mostly , their topic will only be only about their hanging together with the rest of the group. 

"I've heard from Doyoung hyung that your brother was found crying. Doyoung hyung himself is panicking right now and-" Chenle was interrupted. 

"What?!Where is he?! Can you-" Jeno shouted in the middle of the class that made other's attention focus on him..

The teacher came in. "Okay Class, please take your seat." 

Everyone is going back to their proper seats while Jeno is still standing there in the middle of the class. He is really in deep worry about his hyung. There are only two reasons for Ten to cry since he is always the cheerful type. It can be that someone hurted him or he remembers his past. 

"Jeno? Please take your seat." The teacher said. It made him awake from his daydream. He then sitted and the classes began but his thoughts are outside the room. 

Jeno's POV: 
(Memories of Ten from the past.) 

We are a perfect family. Anyone who sees that agrees. There's no doubt about it. Even my classmates are envious of me. 'That's what I thought.'

My mom and dad are fighting endlessly and it continued for many weeks. We and Kai hyung don't know the reason behind it. Sometimes I blame myself that it may be me, but no.

One night I was going to give mom the results of my test papers. I want to show to her that I did well. As I was about to knock at the door of their bedroom, both of them are already fighting. 

"How can you cheat on me?!" Mom shouted.

"Hey it was an accident, I didn't mean it to happen." Dad defended himself.

"You call that an accident?!" My mom said in anger. "What you mean by accident is that you hid a child that you made with another woman for years now!?"

"Honey, I can explain." Dad begged.

"Explain?!" She groaned. "Explain to me that kid is not yours!!!"

"I'm sorry."

"Is that all you can say?!" She continued. "And now you are asking me that we will adopt that child because his mother is dead and no one will take care of him but you!" She groaned.

"Please honey. That child doesn't have anywhere to go. His grandmother cannot sustain him anymore. I'm the only home he can come to." My father said in a low tone.

"Fine adopt him!" She said angrily. "But don't expect me to love that child!"

My Mom opened the door and saw me crying. I can't believe what I heard. How can this happen? I thought we are a perfect family. 

"Jeno." She panicked and kneeled down. She wiped away my tears, cupping my face in her warm hands. "I'm sorry you have to hear that." She hugged me tightly. 

-------

I went inside my room and cried endlessly laying on my bed. My endless sobs are loud and my eyes are red. I covered myself under my duvet and let the darkness envelopes  me.

Kai hyung felt worried and knocked.
He then entered my room slowly when he heard no response but my sobs.

He opened my lamp at the nightstand. "Jeno" he sat on my bed. Caressing my head. "Everything will be alright okay?"

"Hyung, do you already know?" I asked him.

He nodded. "It's hard but we must accept it. We can't turn back the time."

"But-" I was cutted by Kai hyung. .

"It's going to be alright." He assured me. "Who ever that person is, he is our brother."  

I nodded. "Is he younger or older than me?"

"He is older than you but younger than me. Don't worry, you are still the maknae in the family." He smiled and lay down beside me. "Promise me one thing Jeno."

"What is it?"

"That you'll going to treat him nice okay?" Kai hyung smiled at me.

"Okay" I'll try my best. 

--------

After 2 weeks:

Our brother will be coming today. Dad will get him from the airport. He is actually from Thailand. So I'm expecting that he isn't fluent in Korean.

A great sunny weather is present, opposite to what I'm feeling right now. I can't even imagine that in a blink of an eye, my perfect family that I always thought of ,will change for good.

Dad arrived and entered through the gates using his car. We are waiting outside the door to welcome him. Mom stayed in her room and said that she doesn't want to see him. Not now or ever.

Dad went out first , followed by him. He looks prettier than a girl. He's short compared to us. I think he inherited that with his mother.

Dad helped him carry his baggages to the house. He stopped on his tracks when he faced us.

"Annyeonghaseyo" He greeted. He looked unhappy and tired. He looked like he cried all of his life coming here.

"Hi, my name is Kai. Call me your hyung. You are welcomed here." Kai hyung said cheerfully. 

I envy how Kai hyung is okay with all of these. Didn't he feel anything or he is just hiding it?

"My name is Chittapon  Leechaiyakul but you can call me Ten for short." He showed a faint smile. His smile is the greatest thing I've ever seen but he can't fully show it. 

"Wha-what?" Kai hyung looked confused. "Chitta-?"

Ten chuckled at the sight. "Call me Ten."

"Okay Ten, nice to meet you." Kai hyung turned to my direction. He then signaled me to greet him.

"Whatever." I ran inside the house and went to my room upstairs. 
I can't accept him, I just can't. 

--------

It's already lunch time and we sat on the rectangular dining table. Dad and Mom sat on the heads of the table, infront of each other, while me and Kai hyung sat beside each other. 

"Ten" Dad called to him upstairs where his room will be, between me and Kai hyung's room. "Come down here, lunch is ready!" 

Ten went down halfway of the stairs. He showed a faint smile. "Uhm I'll eat later."

"Sit down." Mom said. It's more like a command. It's the first time I saw mom like this. She is always smiling before but those days are gone.

Ten nodded and went down slowly. He then sat infront of me. I know he felt awkward judging by his actions.

We ate in silence unlike the old days.
Dad then started the conversation awkwardly. "So Ten, hang out with your brothers over here okay? Play games with them."

"Yeah, I'll show you my video games later." Kai hyung feeling excited all of the sudden. 

"Jeno?" Dad looked to me worried. "Are you alright?"

I only nodded in response. We finished our food and Dad stood up first.

"I'll wash the dishes." Ten suggested. 

"No need for you to do that. Jeno is assigned for the day. You need to rest." Dad said in a comforting way.

"Let him be." Mom said. "Let him do what he wants." She then left the dining table. Dad then followed her and they talked outside so any of us can't hear their conversation.

Ten began to clean the dining table with a rag but Kai hyung stopped him holding his wrist. "I'll do the chores Ten. Just rest for the day."

"No, I'll do it. It's okay, I'm used to do the chores back at home." 

"Ten, listen to your hyung." He smiled.

"Hyung? You said that to me earlier. What does that mean?" Ten looked at Kai hyung with a confused look.

"It means older brother." He smiled at the younger.

"You think of me as a brother? but I'm the reason why-" Ten looked to the ground. "Sorry, I -" From the looks of it, he is near crying already.

"Yah! You are my brother and so is Jeno. Don't feel sorry about me being your hyung . It hurts you know~." Kai hyung pouted, acting cute infront of a foreigner. "So by being your hyung, I'll do the chores and you rest."

"But can I help you?" Ten insisted stealing the rag from Kai hyung.

Kai hyung sighed. "Fine."

They helped each other in cleaning the dishes as I sat on the living room watching T.V. I hugged the pillows as I let the couch drown me. 

'I hate Ten. I hate him so much.'

With that I fell asleep.

----------------

Present: 

After dismissal , Jeno went out fast to find the location of his brother and he knows that it'll be hard to do that. Now that his brother didn't brought his car. 

Jisung came with him in search. He is also close to Ten and thinks of him as an older brother. Even though he knows Ten doesn't remember him well, he will do everything to help. Ten helped him one way or another and what he's doing now isn't enough to repay all the things he has done for him. 

Jeno is now panicking at the situation. He knows well about Ten's past and he knows it will be traumatizing if he remembers it. 

"Jeno calm down. We will find your hyung don't worry." Jisung rubbed the back of Jeno to calm him down.

"He isn't answering his phone!" Jeno shouted in annoyance, repeatedly contacting his hyung. "Why did he cry anyway?! I can't take the idea of him crying anymore, like last night. He suffered too much already."

"I'm sure everything is okay now Jeno. We'll find Ten hyung in no time.." Jisung is in deep worry too but he showed a tough side of him ,now that Jeno is losing his mind. 

"What if he remembers Jisung?! It will be hard for him knowing his situation. " 

"It will be hard but Ten hyung is stronger than you think." Jisung smiled.

----------

Author's Note:

Thank you for the reads and comments that I really appreciate so much . I hope you'll be more inlove with this story . I'll do my best . Fighting ~