Chapter 30: Acceptance

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

Jaehyun's POV:

We were sent out by Mr. Lay because of what we said earlier. What's wrong with that?! I know that it's disrespectful but I'm only telling him what's on my mind. I don't know what's up with me today but I'm not really in the good mood to sugar coat all of my words.  I just want to be alone. All alone for once.

Taeyong went away as soon as we got out. He disappeared out of nowhere and from the looks of it, he's also not in the good mood. But why? He has Ten right? So why is he acting like that?! 

Ten is absent and I'm worried that I hurted him and worse, scared him. He must be so afraid to see us like that but I can't hide my feelings for him anymore. I told him what's in my heart and that's the truth. 

I only fighted for him. For his own sake. Ten doesn't know what's hiding behind my brother's face. He doesn't know what harm he is being led to.

To be honest with myself, I'm just not ready to hear that they are already dating and being the stupid person I am, I didn't even notice it. But I got a hint that maybe Taeyong likes him too. That we may have loved the same person. 

It's the first time I witnessed my brother fighting for the one he loves or falling in love in the first place and it's the first time he used a hand to hurt me for his sake. He never hurted me physically before but I can see that he really treasures Ten in order to do that. I guess I can be in peace knowing Ten can be protected from the ones who'll take advantage of him. 

He'll never like Taeyong if the older didn't do anything good to him, right? I'm not with Ten 24/7 and I don't know yet who he truly is. What his likes are and dislikes but why does Taeyong knows it the First time they met? It's weird. It's like he already knows Ten way back before I can even introduce myself to him.

But I guess that's what you call Love at first sight? Bull.

'I love him' hearing those words coming from Ten's mouth. It's like sharp knives that stabbed me from my back.

-----

I went to the school playground as always. It's like a safe place for me to go to.  I can think and let my feelings out of there. 

I guess it became an old habit of mine when I get scared and afraid from the bullies back then. Playgrounds are a place for joy and laughter right? I think it that way that if I go to that place, I can be happy. 

Being the safe place I can always come to and the only place my hyung can come pick me up.

It's funny how much I despise and hated bullies ,I didnt know I got to have my brother as one. I felt like I saw a different person that day. The day I saw him hurting someone with my two innocent eyes. He's not what I always thought he'll be. The caring and loving Taeyong turns out to be a bully and an ignorant person. What a big joke. 

He's just the same as everyone else. He doesn't care what other people feels. He thinks he's so high that he can step on everyone else below him. 
But did he even thought of the ones underneath him? The people who he hurted? I guess not. Up to this day, he can't even consider mine. 

I know. I know too well the feeling of being bullied. You'll start to question yourself why would they do that to me in the first place? Did I do something wrong to them that they have the reason to hurt me? They are all so cruel. 

You'll feel like you just want to hide from your house and act like your sick. But my situation is worse. There's no safe place anymore after that incident. My house full of my parents' fighting , my school full of bullying and my brother. My brother who promised to stay with me until the end is no where to be found. I guess I'm alone in this cruel world afterall.

It's all just a pile of . Here and there. 

--------

I sat on the swing I usually sitted on and looked at the empty space right beside me. It is where he is supposed to be at the time like this. Where he was yesterday when I confessed to him. He must be right here by my side but he isn't. He's not here.

Uncontrolled feelings came crashing down from my eyes. I feel so lifeless. Why would something like this should ever happen to me? I didn't do anything wrong. Why does it always me that becomes a second option. Why? 

I don't know how long I stayed there. It's like time is also broken like me. One thing woke me out of my thoughts when I felt a sudden touch on my shoulder.

It's just Doyoung. 

"Jaehyun." He called me as he continued to rest his hand on my shoulder giving me warmth.

"It's because of me." That's all I can say . It's true, nothing like this would've happen if not for me. If I didn't do anything, they'll be enjoying their relationship without worries but I made a commotion about it. I ruined it. I know I should be happy for Ten but I love him. I love him so so much.

Doyoung kneeled down infront of me and holded my trembling hands. He feels really warm and it's very comforting. I'm glad he's here. "No, Jaehyun. Its not your fault." 

It is my fault. "But I love him. I love Ten so much." I really do love him. From the bottom of my heart.

"I love you too."

"Doyoung?" I heard it but I don't know if he's pertaining it to me. 

"I love you, Jaehyun." He repeated and that's when I realize that what he said was really for me. Doyoung continued and I'm still lost for words. I don't know what to say. "I love you since the day I got to know you. It's okay. I'm not here to ask you to love me back but instead think that you aren't the only one suffering. It's not only about you." Tears fell from his eyes without control. Is he going through those things without me knowing? Am I become blinded by the things around me?  "And remember what I said about giving you a nickname?" 

I nodded out of guilt. I remember he gave me a unique nickname and I still don't know what it means.

"Woojae right?" He talked through his sobs as he carressed my hands. He looked down avoiding my stare. He looked broken just like me. "It means Our Jaehyun. Because no matter how many times I call your name, I still can't call you mine."

Doyoung then let go of my hands but I caught his hands back, holding it tightly.  "Please don't go." I looked at him begging to not leave me alone.  
"Please Stay."

Not you too, Doyoung. Don't leave me alone. 

He smiled and sitted on the swing where Ten should be. His place which is now being occupied by Doyoung. The one who truly loves me.

May be this is what I need. To move on? To try something new. 

Ten doesn't think of me that way so I should just accept it. Accept the fact that we can only be friends. It's much better than being strangers. 

"Jaehyun. I-" Before Doyoung can speak his thoughts, I interrupted  him.

"Thank you." His eyes widened at what I said. May be he isn't expecting me to say that but I'm really glad and happy. 

"W-What for?" He stuttered as he rested his head on the chain opposite my direction, avoiding my gaze.

"For loving me. I'm really grateful." Im glad that someone can see me that way. Maybe Doyoung is the person who appreciates the things I do and not Ten. May be he's the who really cares.

"Why?" Doyoung began to look at me.

"It's just..... I don't know but I somehow feel happy or relieve."

Doyoung just hummed in response.

"Maybe now, I can't give you my answer. I just need some time to sort things out. I don't want you to become a replacement just so I can forget Ten. If I'm going to love you back,  I need to see you as Doyoung and not anybody else."

"Jaehyun?" Doyoung mumbled. "Uhmm What are you-"

"What I'm saying is that I'll try." I smiled at him. "I'll try to love you."

----------

Doyoung's POV:

"What I'm saying is that I'll try." Jaehyun smiled at me. "I'll try to love you."

Those words. Am I dreaming? Tears fell again from my eyes. I feel so so happy. I dont know what to say or reply. I can't even speak right now. 

"Doyoung?!" Jaehyun panicked. "Are you crying again?!"

"No, I'm not." I tried to smile between my words as I hide my face with my hands, getting redder by the minute. 

Jaehyun immediately went to me and removed my hands away from my face. I looked so miserable, smiling and crying like an idiot. He rested his hands on my face and carressed it gently, wiping away my tears with his warmth. "Don't cry."

I nodded as I holded his hands on my face. "Thank you."

"For what?" 

"For trying... and giving me a chance." I looked down on my feet as I tried to move on the swing. Is this what acceptance feels like? I'm not saying that we'll be together because of this but I'm glad he'll try seeing me that way. Seeing me not just a friend but beyond from that.

Without a second, Jaehyun hugged me tightly and I hugged him back. His left hand patted my back and the other touch the back of my head securely on his chest. I can hear his heartbeat and I hoped he can't hear mine. It's pumping so fast. "You deserve it more than I do." Jaehyun said to me in a low comforting voice.

I just want to stay like this forever.