Chapter 29: Words

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

Doyoung's POV :
(Present)

I know. I heard everything that happened. It's the main story of the campus today and last night so everyone knows already. 

So Jaehyun already confessed without me knowing and got into a fight with his older brother. It seems like it isn't only an emotional fight but also a  physical one.

I wont lie to myself. It hurts. It really really hurts me. I cried endlessly last night just thinking about it. Who wouldn't right? Anyone will cry if the one you love confessed to someone else.

But through all of that, I still can't stop myself from worrying about Jaehyun. I know too well the feeling of not being loved by someone you love. The so called unrequited love. 

You don't know what to feel at first and  you'll start to remember the things you've done to him, staying by his side, supporting him and everything.

You are in pain that you think you've done everything to deserve his heart but no. Eventually he'll pick someone who hurted him again and again than someone who cared for him from the start.

You'll start to blame yourself and asked questions like 'Am I not good enough?' 

'Why him? Why not me?'

'Did I did something wrong?' 

The only difference between Jaehyun and me is that he already confessed. He already told him what he felt deep inside his heart but I still can't do that. I don't have enough courage to do so. 

I'm a big coward that can't express his feeling too well. Yes, Im a coward. I heard it for a thousand times already so it doesn't really affect me anymore. I'll hide if I have any chances and deny every accusations  I could get.

I'm so insecure that I always tell myself that I'm not good enough for anyone. I'm not as pretty as Ten, I admit. Anyone will fall for him. He has this smile and attitude that can attract everyone he meets but I don't have any of that.  I can't easily open up to other people like he does. I'm just a loner and a supporting actor in the story. Perhaps not a supporting actor but an Extra I suppose.

I'm so jealous of him but I can't hate him for that. He's still my bestfriend and I still care for him.  Right now, he might be blaming himself from what had happened. I know him too well. 

He isn't a person who'll enjoy seeing someone get hurt. 

------

I went to my locker to get my books. It's a dull day as if life has been taken away from me already. Nothing good is happening anymore. 

"Doyoung!!" Someone called me loudly in the hallway. 

"What?!" I shouted back and founded the source of the voice.

"Why are you so gloomy early in the morning?" Yuta pouted. "Do you perhaps hate me?"

"I'm sorry Yuta. I didn't mean to shout at you." I apologized. "I thought you were Kun for a second." 

"Ok, who the hell is that?!" Yuta grunted. "How dare you compare me to a person whom I don't know!"

He's as noisy as ever. Who can't compare him if his voice is as loud as Kun's right?  Everyone can think that their siblings. "He's just a friend of mine."

"Ok" Yuta became quiet for a second and then spoke up.  "Are you okay?"

"What?" I looked at him confused. What is he talking about? 

"You know. You've heard right?" He mumbled.

"Yes I've heard." He must be talking about the three. Well everyone knows it. 

"I'll ask again, are you okay?" Yuta said as he patted my back.

"I don't know what you're saying." I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Quit playing games Doyoung. I know you like Jaehyun for Pit's sake." Yuta groaned.

My eyes widened for a second. It caught me off guard. How did he know?! I haven't told anyone but Ten. It's impossible  that he could've  guessed it. Is it possible that Ten told him? No, he won't do that. Then who?!

I calmed my nerves as I began to speak. "What?" I said awkwardly. "That's the biggest joke I ever heard." I denied it. Like I said, I'm a big coward.

"Call it a joke or whatever but your heart tells it otherwise." Yuta looked at me seriously. "You're my friend too you know. I know that you like him. It's obvious."

"Does everyone really need to shove it through my face that he doesn't like me?!" I groaned as tears began to fall from my eyes. I can't take it anymore. Great, they're all looking at me now. 

"Okay calm down."Yuta panicked. " I didn't mean to insult you but there's one thing you can do right? Stay with him like you always do because I can't do that. Only you can." He wiped away my tears.

I sniffed as I nodded. He's right. Yuta is right.

----

I heaved a sigh as I entered the classroom. Looks like the three isn't here yet. I sitted on my chair as I kept my head low. Yuta's words keep running in my head. 'Stay with him like you always do.'

Our classmates topic is all about those three. Some are even making up stories how Ten did that and whatsoever but I know too well that he won't do that. I'm his bestfriend so I know. I'm the worst if I'll ever doubt him right? I'll only believe it once I heard it coming from his mouth.

Taeyong entered the classroom with a serious face. He seems angry right now and he's really scary to the point that he made everyone silent just by his presence. I don't know if that's a good thing or not but I like that everyone zipped their mouth from talking. I'm so sick of it.

After a while, Jaehyun went in next. He has a bruise on his left cheek that looks so painful. 
I tried to talk to him as he walked passed me but no words came out from my mouth. A thousand words from my mind can't even say anything? I'm useless afterall.

Everyone's eyes are on them. Our classmates began whispering about the two and one more but he's not here yet. It's so annoying and I can't even do anything about it. 

"IF YOU ALL CANT ING SHUT UP, I'LL BREAK ALL OF YOUR ARMS!!" Taeyong groaned at his sit. His words made everyone in the class gulped in fear. It's not far from impossible though. I know he can do that.

"Yes, do that." Jaehyun added. "You're an expert in hurting anyone right?"

"YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING." Taeyong glared at him. It's so frightening that I can't even believe that I'm watching it with my own two eyes. 

Did Ten witnessed this kind of fight? He must be so frightened when they started hurting each other. 

"YES, I'M A STUPID YOUNGER BROTHER WHO'S SO DUMB THAT I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT YOU TOOK TEN AWAY FROM ME!" Jaehyun groaned. They are staring at one another with an empty space right between them. Ten's sit.

So I heard it loud and clear. It just came out from his mouth confirming that he loved him. He loved him so so much. 

It's so painful but what can I do right? "STOP IT. SOMEONE WOULDN'T BE HAPPY IF HE SAW BOTH OF  YOU LIKE THAT." I'm talking about Ten. Everyone is looking at me right now but I don't care anymore. "BUT PEOPLE RIGHT HERE IN THIS CLASS WILL BE THE ONE WHO'LL ENJOY YOUR SHOW." The stares that I got was very scary. They glared at me like I'm the most absurd person living. 

Taeyong and Jaehyun only looked at me though. Good thing, I made them shut up.  I did you a favor Ten so come already. 

The bell rang signaling for the first class. Ten's late afterall. Might as well call him later and drag him here. Wait, I don't have his new phone number. That Bastard.

Mr. Lay started checking the attendance and he seems to know that Ten is absent because he didn't even bother to mention his name. It's making me nervous.

"Okay Class Listen." Mr. Lay started. All attention averted to him. Everyone remained silent waiting for him to speak.  "Ten will be absent for a couple of days or even a week so no need to worry about him."

Ten are you kidding me right now?! Are you thinking of having a vacation when all of this is happening?! If I ever found you, I'll drag you forcefully here in school.

"Why is he absent, Mr. Lay?" I asked. "There must be a reason right?" 

"I'm sorry Doyoung but it's very confidential. His brother named Kai called me last night to tell all of you not to worry about him. It's a private matter sa stop being all a curious cat." He said to everyone not only to me. 

"Bull." Taeyong said in disrespect. 

"Watch your mouth Taeyong." Mr. Lay looked at him.

"Whatever." He replied back.

Did those two had a fight? Taeyong must know right? He must know where Ten might be. He's the boyfriend afterall. 

"And wait a second. Jaehyun, what happened to your face?!"  Mr. Lay's eyes averted from Taeyong to Jaehyun.

"It's nothing." Jaehyun said trying to avoid his gaze.

"It's really nothing." He said sarcasticly. "I can really see you putted effort in hiding it."

"It's an accident so need to worry. It's very private and confidential." Jaehyun glared at him. "Are you happy now?"

"Since when did you learn to speak at me like that?! Both of you, get out!"
He said angrily as he pointed through the door. 

They gladly stood up, leaving the class. Noise filled the room as they began whispering again. It's .

"All of you KEEP QUIET!!" Mr. Lay demanded and we did what he told us.

What a great morning. Everything isn't going so well. 

------

Lunch Time:

When the bell rang for lunch, I immediately rushed to find Jaehyun. It doesn't matter if I can't eat today as long as I can check on him.  

The only place that I can think of is the School playground. He always stays there and I don't even know why. It's like a safe place for him I guess?

I went outside and I immediately noticed his figure sitting on the swing. He looks like he's crying and too broken to move to his sit.

"Jaehyun." I called as I rested my hand on his shoulder.

He looked at me and I saw how blank and lifeless his eyes are. I can't even look at it. "It's because of me." Jaehyun said to me.

I kneeled down infront of him and holded his trembling hands. "No, Jaehyun. Its not your fault."

"But I love him. I love Ten so much." Jaehyun's words feels like knives to my heart. 

If only you can say those words to me. I won't be hurting too. "I love you too." I finally said. Soft but enough for him to hear.

"Doyoung?" He looked at me with confusion.

"I love you, Jaehyun." I stopped for a moment trying to hold my tears. "I love you since the day I got to know you. It's okay. I'm not here to ask you to love me back but instead think that you aren't the only one suffering. It's not only about you." Tears fell from my eyes without my control. It feels like I released an amount of weight deep inside my heart. For once I can tell myself that I'm not a coward. "And remember what I said about giving you a nickname?" 

Jaehyun nodded only listening to my words that I longed hidden.

"Woojae right?" I talked through my sobs as I carressed his hands. I looked down avoiding his stare. "It means Our Jaehyun. Because no matter how many times I call your name, I still can't call you mine."