Chapter 28: Change

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

Taeyong's POV :
(Continuation of the Past)
 

We became an official couple. We did what lovers do, we hanged out, hold each others hand and more. I feel like I did it without being forced too. It's like a part of me likes it and a part of me don't.  

It feels different how Ten looks out for me when we started dating. He cares even a tiny bit that bothers me. It's the first time that I felt that someone isn't dependent on me. He is just there beside me and supporting me.

"Who are you texting?" I said as Ten looks so busy typing on his phone. We are on the way home from class as it ended a while ago.

I'm the one who insisted that I should take him home. I want to make sure that he doesn't go anywhere else after class. 

"No one." Ten smiled faintly.

"Are you perhaps cheating on me?" I asked with a hint of jealousy in my voice.  

"What?!" He panicked ."No its not what you think!"

"Then what is it then?" I glared at him. How dare he do that to me? How can he cheat if he already have a handsome boyfriend like me. 

"I'm sorry but I need to go home alone. I hope you understand." He walked passed me as he went towards the gate.

"Huh?! I thought you agreed that I'll take you home?!" I groaned at him. He seems unreasonable today. What's up with him?

"Tomorrow you can but not today." Ten argued back. 

"Is your affair coming later?!"  I don't know what's up with me but I'm being possessive today. 

"No!!" Ten groaned. "Please trust me okay?"

I didn't argue back at that. If he doesn't want then why should I force myself. Nothing will change that I'll hurt him in the end. It'll be easier for me if I did it sooner than later.

----

Now what the hell am I doing? I face palmed. So I'm like a stalker now as I follow Ten on his way home without being notice. 

I keep a far distance and good thing I have sharp eyes so I could keep track on him. I know already the route on his way home but I'm just guarding him if harm comes by. 

Really Taeyong? Is that really you? A guard dog? Did I ate something earlier that I'm doing this now?! What's wrong with me?!

Okay I'm doing this so I can make sure that I'm the one who'll dump him and not the way around. Yeah, that's it.

I've stopped walking as Ten paused on their gate and hit the door bell of his home. He seems nervous as his hands are trembling. I hid behind a thick post and took a glance on what is happening.

The gate then opened revealing a woman who seems to be in the 40's or so. She is wearing a red dress with a matching pearl on her neck. It seems like she is going out. 

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" The women said with an unpleasant look on her face. 

What the hell is happening? The sudden outburst shocked me. Why would she shout at her own son like that? He's her son right? But they don't look much like each other. Maybe her Aunt?

"Uhmm I passed some requirements  earlier so I came home later than usual." Ten showed an apologetic look..

"Requirements huh?" She chuckled and in just a second, she pulled Ten's hair hard inside then closed the gate with a loud thud.

My eyes widened as I gulped. I heard loud groans from Ten and I can tell that she is hurting him pretty bad.

I was afraid and angry at the same time at what I saw. I didn't know what to do as I just hid there.

I want to hurt her for doing that to him. How can she?!

My mind became blank as I went towards their gate. I heard loud arguments between the two and most of it is Ten apologizing. Why would he apologize if he didn't do anything wrong?! Learn to stand up for yourself Ten?!

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Ten pleaded as he sobbed. His voice is hoarse and I can't here it anymore. 

"You're just an illegitimate child that was adopted by your father and your gonna repay us like this?!" She groaned. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I'm really sorry." He pleaded.

What am I hearing? Ten's adopted?

"Can't you see that I'm going out?! No one will be here to stay with Jeno?!"

So she's his stepmother? BUT THAT DONT GIVE HER THE RIGHT TO HURT HIM!! And what she needs to do is to act like a mother!!

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." He sobbed continuously. 

I can't hear any of this anymore. I knocked and kicked their gate hard to make them notice that I'm here. Lee Taeyong is here. I don't care if I got hurt but this needs to stop. 

"Ten?!" I called out to him. Please reply to me.

After a while, the woman opened the gate with a scary look. "What do you want?"

"Ten." I said bluntly. I want to kill her for acting like nothing happened and for doing that  to him.

"He's not here." She smiled fakely. "I think he went somewhere."

The thought of her breathing the same air as me make me want to choke her.

"Don't lie to me. I just saw him get inside when you physically and verbally abused him." I glared at her. "The next time I'll hear that you are still hurting him, I can send the cops here to get you."

"Are you joking? Why would I hurt my son?"

"He's not your son!" I groaned at her.


"Well technically, I'm now his mother whether he likes it or not."

"Are you still going to deny the fact that you hurted him even though you're his stepmother?!" I glared at her.

"You have no evidence that I did so." She laughed at me with her hand on her stomach. "Did you take your medicine, honey?"

"Medicine? Why would I need those for? Maybe you're the one who needs it, not me." I continued "Do you really want to be caught in act?" I threatened hear. "That won't be a good image for you madam."

"Are you threatening me?" She said with her eyebrow raising.

"I am." I smirked. "I have connections more than you can think of. With just one call I can make you look like a criminal."

"Who do you think you are?" Her tone became serious. 

"One of the heirs of a powerful man" I smiled. "Now show me to him." I demanded.

She pointed to me where Ten is. I walked passed her as she said something threatening. "Are you his boyfriend?" She chuckled. "He's a dirty scumbag from the streets and you're willing to take him in? I know you're more than that." With that she left the house leaving me standing there. That filthy witch.

-----

Ten is crying at the back of their house at the backyard. He's sitting their with his knees and hair hiding his face. 

His hair is messy and his hands are a bit wounded. 

"Ten." I called him. He's trembling so bad.

He looked at me. He looked so miserable. "Taeyong?" It stings my heart seeing him like this. 

"Yup. It's me." I kneeled down and caressed his cheeks." Please don't cry anymore. I'm here."

"I told you to not-"

"You can't tell me what and what not to do." I smiled at him but deep inside, I feel broken seeing his situation like this.

"Taeyong I-" His voice is hoarse.

"I know." I hugged him. "I already know so you don't need to explain." I can feel his small frame relaxed to my body. He must have been scared to what had happened. Anyone will be.

If someone also did that to Jaehyun, I'll kim him or her even if I ended up in prison.

"I should tell you." He looked at me with tears falling from his eyes. "You have the right to know since you're my boyfriend."

Boyfriend Huh? I guessed I didn't properly give importance to that role.

"I'm sorry I hid them from you." Ten continued as he hold my hand. 

"Don't worry about it." I kissed his hands and gave warmth to it.

He started telling his story. I didn't know that his story will be so much painful than mine. He told me everything about himself and how his real mom died. He lived here for a reason that his dad is still alive and has no choice but to adopt him. 

With every words coming from his mouth, I learned that he is somewhat like me. A person who also suffered and is still suffering from this cruel world.

A person who can still smile even though it hurts. That's you, Ten. That's  the only thing you have to protect yourself and here I am wanting to take it away from you.

I'm so selfish that I can't even see that some people are suffering more than me. What was I thinking? I even planned on hurting him without even knowing who he is.

Now I learned how to love him or perhaps I loved him from the start without realizing it. He made my heart confused everytime his around . He made me smile and made worried like an idiot. Maybe I'm just denying it for the fact that I'm afraid to love.  I'm afraid that someone will take him/her away from me. I'm afraid that it'll be my weakness but I guess not.

I can't take the idea of someone bringing harm to him anymore. Not me or anyone else. I'll protect him like what I always do to Jaehyun. 

He's all alone like me but I'll make sure that I'll stay with him until the end. 

I made a conclusion that the dare that I made is no more. I'll choose the truth now which is my heart that is seeking for this boy. 

Whether it's a truth or Dare, Nothing will change that I Love Him..

---------

Everything went fine for the both of  us after that. Ten told me that her stepmother stopped torturing him but they are still not in good terms. As long as he's not being abused, I'm okay with that.

I began opening up to him little by little. About my family and about Jaehyun.  I also told him about the ones I've hurted or bullied before. He just listened without judging me and I've really love him about that.

I've really felt sorry and Ten suggested or more like commanded that I should apologize to them. I did so because he can't stop scolding me if I didn't.  I lowered my pride and apologized to every losers in school. My heart and my shoulders became light after that.

It's the first time that I felt that I'm really happy for once. I'm really enjoying everything. He changed me from being the school bully to just the school prince. Thank you Ten.

But not everyday will be a smooth day. Some people began making fun of me and started reminding me about the dare that I long forgotten. 

I hid it to Ten. I didn't told him that yet because there's a right time for that. Just not right now. 

I began threatening the people who reminded me about the dare. I told them to KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT and they did so but one guy. 

"Attention Everyone!" The class' focus averted to him and him alone. I don't like where this is going.

"Ten, it's still early. Want to go outside?"

"Why?" Ten asked confused.

"Just follow me." I dragged him out of his chair and towards the door.

"Wait Taeyong! What's up with you?!"
Ten scolded behind my back.

"Taeyong and Ten. Where do you think you're going?"

I didn't mind Kun's voice teasing me. I just want to bring Ten out of here as soon as possible.

"Ten, Don't you want to know about Taeyong's Dare?" Kun said to him as he moves closer. I tighten my hold to Ten.

"What are you talking about?" Ten asked as he looked at Kun and me.

"Shut up!" I groaned. 

"Taeyong, what's this all about?" Ten asked with nervousness in his voice.

"Nothing."

"Nothing means going TO DATE TEN AND BREAK UP WITH HIM AFTERWARDS." Winwin Added as he stood up and went towards us. The attention that we're getting is suffocating and disturbing. "AND IN ORDER TO DO THAT, HE BROKE UP WITH ME TO PLAY WITH YOU."

"Taeyong, is that true?" Ten looked at me with loneliness in his eyes.

"Ten I-"

"So It is true." Ten's tears fell down without control. 

I'm sorry. I'm really sorry.