Chapter 13: Broken

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

Ten went to the library after eating with Taeyong and his friends. Taeyong asked to accompany him but he declined. He wants a time for himself. 

He scanned from shelf to shelf. Dusts surrounds the tip of his fingers as he slides it on the books. Fiction, Ten likes fiction. For him, it's better to believe in this kind of things than to face with reality. Romance is under this category. For Ten, love is just something that a person believes but it is non existent. 

Deep thoughts crashes to his mind. He isn't sure if everything is really fine without knowing anything. Will it suprise him, the moment he remembers it? 

Ten got a book in the far end. He opened it as he approached the table. 
He averted his eyes from the book the moment he saw a familiar figure. It's Hansol.

Hansol is at the far corner of the library. Pile of books surrounds him. Physics, Math and whatsoever. 

Ten approached him. "Can I sit with you?" He said to the taller guy . 

Hansol only nodded, not in the mood to speak. Ten then sitted beside him. He felt awkward because of the fact that they've never really talked before. It is like there is a barrier between the two of them. 

"Hansol I need to talk to-" Ten was interrupted. 

"If it's about Yuta, please stop." He looked at the Thai boy. "You don't need to sort things out between the two of us." 

"But-" Ten promised Yuta and it won't stop him until everything's okay. Ten doesn't back down on his words.

"Look here. Ten I know your just being nice but it's none of your business." Hansol stood up and left the table. Carrying his shoulder bag with him. 

Ten and followed him outside and to the school's soccer field. The newly cut green grass is being played on by the soccer players from afar. He isn't expecting a place like this in his school. The campus is too big and he knows he haven't explored it all. 

"Hansol wait!" Ten shouted through his lungs as he can't catch up with the taller's longer legs. "Can you please listen to what I'm about to say?" Ten pants to catch his breath. The sunlight glowing down on his skin and sweat falls down the tips of his hair.

Hansol stopped walking and faced the shorter. "What?" He asked with the hint of annoyance in his voice. They are now at the touchline of the soccer field near everyone else. 

"Can you just please talk to Yuta and talked about this!" Ten shouted. " I don't even know why I got caught up in this mess! You're right, I have no business with you two ,so solve it yourselves!!" 

Ten gained attention with the other soccer players as his voice can be heard through the entire field. Some of them even stop playing just to witness what is happening. He is like a angry cat right now. 

"What seems to be the problem here?" A coach approached us. "Hansol what is the commotion about?"

"Nothing coach." Hansol's eyes widened. He didn't expect a small boy to be angry like that. Ten can be a ball of sunshine but can be also a ball of darkness. 

Ten realized too late that Hansol is also soccer player. "You are a soccer player?" He gulped. Everything made sense to him when he looked at their surroundings. He felt shy and awkward as he made a huge mistake in a foreign place. 

Hansol nodded with hint of fear, avoiding Ten's gaze. 'If I am Ten's boyfriend, I'll never anger him.' he thought. 

"Who might you be?" The coach asked. He stared at Ten from head to toe.

"I'm just his friend. I'm sorry for the interruption." Ten bowed. He glared at Hansol , mumbling some words about talking to Yuta before leaving. 

-------

"That jerk!." Ten mumbled to himself. "He thinks he's tough or what?!" Ten stomping on his feet showing his utmost annoyance.

"Excuse me?"

"What?!" Ten looked at the source of the voice. His face became pale knowing who it was. "I'm sorry.I didn't mean to shout at you."

"It's okay." Mr. Lay smiled at the younger. "You seem to be in a bad mood?"

"Not at all." Ten lied. 

"Really? You are like casting dark spells just now." He chuckled.

Ten sighed. Letting out all the negative energy inside of him. " I'm fine now." He assured.

"Good." Mr. Lay looked at his phone before looking to Ten. They continued to walk slowly. "Uhmm I want to talk to you about something."

"What is it sir?" Ten is really ashamed of himself right now. Everything is being the opposite of what he wanted things to happen.

"You're close to Lee Taeyong right?" He asked with a smile plastered on his handsome face.

Ten nodded showing curiosity not knowing where this topic is going.

"Thanks to you accompanying him, he changed quite well. He attends his classes on time and his grades ascended. Before, he usually skips classes all the time. He doesn't care about his academics and sleeps all the time on classes. I know he is really smart like Jaehyun. They are brothers afterall." Mr. Lay said .

Ten is sinking all the information in his mind. Confusing all things up. "Me? I didn't do anything." Ten chuckled. "The only thing that I did was-"

"Staying by his side." Mr. Lay smiled holding Ten's shoulders with his hands now facing him. "You know what? You two make a great couple." 

Ten eyes widened and his face flushed red. He stutters as he began to speak. "Wh-Where n-not like-"

"No need to hide it. You are bright red." Mr. Lay removed his hands on Ten's shoulders. " "I'll be on my way now so I'll go first. I have my next class to attend to."

Ten nodded and covered his face with his palm. Feeling the heat on his face. "Am I that obvious?" He asked himself. "Better learn hiding it Chittapon Leechaiyakul ."

----------

Ten then went to his classroom earlier than everyone else. He is just sitting there in silence having a time for himself. 

His phone vibrated, signaling for a message. He opened it to see another fearsome message. Fear embodies him that scares the out of him. 
He throws his phone in front that made a loud sound. The glass of the screen breaks as it hitted on the hard ground. 

The message says "When will you die? Ten?" 

Tears fell on his face. He is just sitting there without any movement as he bows down. Tears falling on top of his desks as he sat there at the back of the classroom all by himself. He is now trembling and can't move his body.

"Ten?! Are you alright?!" Jaehyun shouted and approached him, panicking at the sight. Good thing he entered the classroom earlier ,leaving Doyoung with Yuta. He kneeled down to have a better view at the face of Ten. "Look at me, Ten. What happened?!" He cupped Ten's face to face him.

Jaehyun looked around and found the broken phone in front of the classroom. He then stood up to get it but Ten stopped him by holding his sleeve. 

"Leave it." He said in a serious tone.

"Ten?" 

"Don't make me repeat myself." He commanded.

Students started entering the class, one by one ,witnessing the scene playing in front of them. Looking at Ten with concern, annoyance, pity and more. 

Jaehyun observed the eyes staring at them and he knows that the Thai boy isn't comfortable with it. He held the wrist of Ten and brought him straight outside. He knows well that Ten is suffering from depression due to his past that hunts him. 

----

They stayed at the school playground, sitting on the swing. Both of them stayed in silence. 

"Jaehyun, go back to class right now. It's still not too late for you too attend." He looked at him with a faint smile as a sign that he is okay.

"I won't leave you alone here. You're a crazy bastard that can harm himself when I'm not around." Jaehyun pouted cutely that made the older chuckled. 

"I'm really fine right now. But please do me a favor." 

"What is it?" Jaehyun is now swinging with the help of his feet, pulling and pushing himself.

"Get my phone and keep it with you until the times comes when im ready to hold it . I don't even know if it's still working though but you are the only person I can entrust it to." Ten looked at the sky playing above him.

"Sure." Jaehyun smiled. "But what about your contacts ? You don't have any phone to use." 

"Don't worry. I can tell my brothers that I lost it but I can get a million scold because of that. They'll tell me that whoever can find it can use my name or whatsoever to blackmail me and such." Ten laughed at the thought.

"Will you be alright?" Jaehyun asked worriedly. Not in the mood to take Ten's jokes.

"Don't worry about me." Ten stood up. "Go now, I'll roam around to calm myself down." He smiled. His eyes are still a bit red after crying.

"Okay. Just promise me that you'll be fine?" Jaehyun said with a concern tone.

"I promise." 

-------------

Author's note:

I'm back guys :) I hope you'll like this update and enjoy reading it. 
I'm really busy these days but I really want to write this story. Thank you for the lovable comments <3 I really appreciate all of it :)))))