Chapter 24: Fear

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

Ten nodded and bid goodbye to the older. He walked towards the playground as Jaehyun told him to be as their meeting place. 

Jaehyun is sitting on the swing, looking up at the sky. He's waiting for him and smiled when he arrived. Ten sitted right beside him. He is now swinging playfully and spoke up. "What do you want to talk to me about?"

Jaehyun is lost for words. He feels nervous and he doesn't know where to start. His heartbeat is in an abnormal pace just thinking what is going to happen.

"Um Yeah" He said nervously. "About your phone I-"

"What about my phone?" Ten chuckled. "I know it's already broken so no need to apologize."

"It's not about that."Jaehyun gulped. "Some things happened and now it's not with me but with Mr. Sehun."
He changed the topic.

"What?!" Ten's eyes widened. He has no screen lock and it's possible that Mr. Sehun can read those threats. "I have to go. I need to get it back." Ten stood up.

"Wait." Jaehyun immediately holded his wrist.

Ten looked back. "I really need to get it back."

"Ten calm down. Mr. Sehun spoke to me earlier about it. He said that he'll give it to you privately. I doubt that he'll open it."

Ten sighed in relief and sitted back on the swing. "Thank goodness."

"And that's not why I asked you to come here with me." Jaehyun smiled as he approached the smaller.

"Then why?" Ten looked up to see a better view of Jaehyun's face. The afternoon sun is visible on the corner of his eyes.

Jaehyun stood in front of him and then crouched down to level with Ten who is currently sitting. He held Ten's face with his right hand as he caress it with love and care.

"Jaehyun, is there something wrong?" Ten uttered as he observed Jaehyun with longing in his eyes. It's a different look but it's very comforting.

"Everything is perfect." After Jaehyun said that, he kissed Ten without any second thought. 

Ten can't move his body with his eyes wide opened. It happened so fast that it didn't sinked into his mind fast enough. 'What is happening?' Is the only question he can ask himself.

After a few seconds, Jaehyun removed his lips from the smaller. "I love you Ten."

Ten is just staring at him and don't know what to do. He heard it loud and clear but he's lost for words. 

"Ten you don't need to answer me right away. I just want you to know how I truly feel." Jaehyun's voice is full of sincerity.

Immediately, Doyoung struck Ten's mind. He feel bad knowing that he'll hurt two of his friends at the same time because of his existence. He doesn't want that.

"I'm sorry but-" Ten's near crying. He don't know how to settle this. 

"He's already with me." Taeyong joined the scene. He grabbed Ten's hand making him stood up from his sit. 

"Taeyong I-" Ten's tears are starting to form. He felt guilty again. 

"I happened to pass by and I saw what happened. It's okay Ten." Taeyong pulled him at his back. "No need to worry, it's not your fault."

"What are you doing?" Jaehyun glared at his brother, clenching his fists in anger as he stood up. It's the scariest look that Jaehyun showed that made Ten hid at the back of Taeyong. 

"I'm protecting him." Taeyong glared back. He won't let his brother touch his lover again. He really hates it to the point that he'll destroy anyone even his family for the sake of Ten.

"Protecting or stealing him?!" Jaehyun shouted. He feels so desperate. He can't take the idea of his brother and Ten being together.

"I didn't steal anything from you. He's already mine." Taeyong pointed out the truth.

Jaehyun grabbed Taeyong's collar and so did the older. Both of them are near punching each other. 

"STOP IT!!" Ten moved in between but failed.

"TEN STAY OUT OF THIS!!" He was pushed back by Jaehyun and landed on the floor.

Ten scratched himself on his right forearm but hid the pain that he was feeling.

"Ten I'm sorry." Jaehyun looked at him feeling sorry for what he had done. It doesn't look like it was just a simple fall and he's sure enough that he hurted him.

"Ten!" Taeyong punched Jaehyun in the face that made him stumbled back. "NO ONE DARES TO HURT HIM." He said in a scary tone.

Jaehyun fighted back and grabbed the older's shoulders, kneeding him right in the stomach. Taeyong groaned in pain at that.

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT HIM!" 

"STOP IT!!! BOTH OF YOU!!!" Ten cried. He doesn't care if he got hurt. He rushed towards them and pulled Taeyong by the arm before Jaehyun lands another hit.

"WHY HIM?!" Jaehyun shouted. "HE'S THE WORST THING LIVING! YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!" His eyes are full of anger.

"I love him." Ten defended. "I'm sorry Jaehyun but I can't accept your love." He knows that his words hurted him. He really cares for Jaehyun but what he told him is the truth.

"You? Love him?" Jaehyun chuckled. "That's the most absurd thing I've heard coming out from your mouth."

"It may be absurd but it's the fact." Ten doesn't know the impact of what he said to Jaehyun. He just shattered his heart into a million pieces.

Jaehyun's POV:

I really hate this. Ten is my world and in just a second, I lost him. I lost him to my brother that I hated the most. 

Lee Taeyong.

----

When I was a kid, I idolized Taeyong. For me, he is the greatest hero who can save me from anything. I followed him around and I didn't heard him complain. He will always show his smile and treat me to anything I want.

He will always protect me from harm like a real brother. He defended me from bullies back then and with that, they didn't come back because of fear.

He's the only one I can ran to when I'm afraid. Like my parents who I always witness fighting. It hurts knowing that but as long as I have my hyung, everything will be okay. He's the only one I can depend to and no one else.

Back then, I've heard rumours about my hyung and just shoved it off my head. Everyone will confront me and tell me that my hyung is the worst and I really hate that.

"Jaehyun, tell you're brother that he's a scumbag."

"Tell you're brother to know his place!"

"Taeyong is the worst."

It's also one of the reason why some of my classmates hated me. They hated me for the reason that I'm related to him.

They don't know that my hyung is the nicest and he'll never do such an act.

"ALL OF YOU DONT KNOW HIM!" I've tried to defend him but I'm at a disavantage. My brother is not here to defend me since we study in different schools. The only one who can protect me is myself.

They'll bullied me often but the moment my hyung heard about it, they'll eventually stop. I don't know what he did but they'll be absent for days before they can return. Full of bruises on their face and body.

I don't know if I should be thankful because of that.

Sometimes I doubt my Taeyong hyung. I asked myself questions. 'Is my hyung a bully? Is he hurting anybody without me knowing?' 

No he won't do that. I told myself again and again. Maybe he's just defending himself and kicking their asses in return. That's acceptable.

One day, I went to his school after my class. I want to treat him with something because it's been a week now since we've hang out. We're too busy with school works that are too many to mention.

It's better than staying at home and later noticing how your parents fight. It's not good at all. I rather spend my time with him than with our parents.

I entered through their school gates. The security allowed me in since they know me because of my father.

The moment I walked to their hallways, all of them made way for me which is very unusual. In my school, no one does that to me.

I've heard whispers and gossips coming from their mouth as I walked down the hallway. Endless stares are on me.

"Is that Taeyong's younger brother?"

"So he's the same as him?"

"Better not involve with him. He's hyung might kill us."

"He looks nice unlike Taeyong though."

What is happening? Why are they talking badly about my hyung?! What they're telling is not true! 

I clenched my fist in anger as I find Taeyong hyung. He must be close. I know he is.

I went to their classroom and saw that wasn't there. It's already their dismissal. 

'Where is he?' I asked myself at the end of my patience.

I've searched for him everywhere and texted him to where he might be. He didn't reply.

I continued walking until I finally found him. I smiled as I saw his face and approached him. He is standing up alone or so I thought he was.

My smile began to fade the moment I saw what is happening. He is bullying someone.

"What the hell was that earlier?!" Taeyong glared at the beaten guy, holding his collar. His eyes are different. Far from the comforting eyes that he'll always show me.

"Please stop. I beg you." He holded Taeyong's feet.

"Beg?" Taeyong chuckled. "Since when did you learn to say that?"

Taeyong hyung pulled him against the wall and before he can punch him, I called him.

"Hyung?" I said, still shocked at the fact that he is hurting someone. 

Taeyong hyung looked at me with eyes wide opened. "Jaehyun?" He continued. "It's not what you think." He approached me."We are just talking about something."

"So what all of them are saying is true." I looked at him in disbelief.

"Jaehyun, I'm sorry I-"

"I HATE YOU!!" I groaned. He's the same with everyone else. He's a bully who doesn't care about people below him. He's a monster far worse than anyone else. "I didn't think you'll be this low." 

"Jaehyun, Listen to me." 

"Listen to yourself." With that, I helped the guy he beaten up. I brought him to the clinic to aid his injuries, leaving Taeyong hyung alone.

After that incident, I become cold towards my brother. Even If I hear my parents arguing and fighting, I didn't bother to go to his room. It's depressing knowing that you don't have anyone to ran to when you're afraid. 

And because of that, he also become cold towards me. We don't talk to each other when we are eating. We hated each other to the point that we act like one of us didn't exist.

Our parents later divorced. They separated and we chose to live with our father since he has more capability to raise us. 

I want to go with mom at first but she said that she'll be back to get us but she never did.

Now, the only one that is left for me is Ten. But he was stolen and left me all alone too. By my brother who I feared the most.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading 💗  Comment down below for what you think about this chapter. 😃 Babye for now~