Chapter 23: Encounter

Who Are You? [TaeTen]

Ten drove the car to school. He is still sick but feeling a lot better now unlike yesterday. His fever went down thanks to his younger brother.

"Ten hyung." Jeno called , sitting beside him inside the car. He told his hyung again and again to rest at home but the older told him that he's already fine. "Are you really feeling better now? Did you drink the medicine I bought for you? It's okay if you miss a day of class or two, do you know that?"

Ten chuckled at his concerned and now panicking brother.

"Hyung! I'm serious." Jeno frowned. 

"Thank you for your concern my cute Jeno." Ten messed with his brother's hair. "But I'm really fine."

"Just call me if you feel sick or something. I'll rushed for you ok?" Jeno tilted to see his hyung's response.

"Yeah yeah. I'll do that for you." Ten smiled. He's really happy that he has Jeno with him. He's the only one he can depend on now that he's scared and angry at the same time with his older brother. 

He felt traumatized with what happened. He just want to shove it off his mind and forget it but he can't. Why would he do that? How can he?
Ten asked again and again and just tried to convince himself that he was drunk at that time.

Adding to that, he remembered a painful glimpse of his past. His mom. 
He should felt great that his memory is starting to go back but he didn't. He didn't expect that it'll hurt this much.

Those earrings that his mom gave him that his hyung confiscated. How can he claim those back? That is his and he's scared that those too will be threatened to be destroyed. Ten doesn't want that.

They finally arrived and Jeno went out next to Ten. He bid goodbye to his hyung and rushed towards the school hallways. 

Ten went to his locker and saw that Taeyong is leaning on it. He smiled but felt guilty afterwards like he's about to cry. 

Taeyong saw him and grinned. "Ten!"

"Taeyongie." Ten mumbled. He walked towards him then opened his locker. 

"Hey!" Taeyong pouted. "Why are you ignoring me?! I called you for the nth time but you didn't answer!"

Ten smiled trying to stop his tears from flowing down. "I'm just not feeling well. Sorry Taeyong." He tried to avoid Taeyong's stare but the latter noticed it.

"Ten." Taeyong said comforting the younger. "Look at me. Is there something wrong?"

"What?" Ten fake laughed. "Everything is alright."

"Doesn't sound like it." Taeyong caressed the younger's cheeks gently. "Hey, it's okay. You can always tell me what's bothering you."

Ten really want to tell Taeyong everything but he's scared what might  the older's reaction will be. He doesn't want more conflict than there already is. "Some other time okay? I'm not really feeling well. Sorry."

Taeyong understood the situation but he knows that there's something bothering him. Ten's smile is gone for today and that alone will give you a hint that there's definitely something wrong.

Ten went inside the classroom leaving Taeyong outside deep in his thoughts. Ten insisted that he wants to be alone and the older understood.  

He saw Jaehyun smiling at him as he sat down. "Ten."

"Hmm?" Ten looked at the one beside him.

"What's up?" Jaehyun said nervously. He can't calm his nerves knowing that his crush is already beside him and being oblivious of the fact that Ten is already taken.

"Good I guess?"

"Now, do you have time for me later? I have something to tell you." 

"Sure." Ten smiled. 

"After classes? At the usual spot?" 

"You mean the playground?" Ten chuckled.

"Yeah." Jaehyun smiled.

-----

The bell rang for lunch time. Taeyong can't help himself not to worry because Ten has been avoiding him the whole time. He tried to force himself to remember what he did wrong but that's not the case. They were fine last Saturday.

Ten went together with Doyoung for lunch. He wants to give himself some space from his boyfriend. He want to calm his nerves because if he didn't, he might cry and tell everything that happened to Taeyong.

"Ten are you alright?" Doyoung said.

"Yes I'm fine. I'm just a bit sleepy I guess?" Ten joked but the bunny only looked at him concerned.

"Did you two had a fight?"

"What?" Ten looked nervous. "No."

"If you say so." Doyoung sighed to the fact that Ten won't spill the beans. He won't push him if he doesn't want to cooperate.

The bunny brought him to the table at the corner. Doyoung insisted that he'll be the one to get meals for the both of them so he can rest. 

After a while, Ten heard that Doyoung is arguing with someone. He looked and he saw a guy who seems to be enjoying teasing his bestfriend.

"Why are you here again?!" Doyoung groaned as he brought the tray towards the table but Kun got it from him and joined his food together with the two. It's like a habit when he's with the bunny. He can't let him bring even a tiny thing.

Doyoung walked fast leaving the Chinese boy behind and sitting angrily in front of his bestfriend. 

"You seem to be in the bad mood?" Ten teased.. "You made a new friend huh. Who is that?"

Kun later reached the table and started to introduced himself. "Hey I'm-" Those familiar black orbs looking directly at him. He gulped in nervousness.

"Why did you stop?" Doyoung deadpanned. 

"I'm Qian Kun from China, nice to meet you." Kun continued, laying their food at the table,shaking a little bit. He can't look at him directly. 

"I'm Chittapon Leechaiyakul. Call me Ten for short." Ten offered a hand to shake. "Nice to meet you too."

Kun hesitated at first but took the offer of shaking Ten's hand. 
He then sat down beside Doyoung.

"So you're Doyoung's friend?" Ten asked while getting ready for his meal.

"Yeah." Kun said unable to look at Ten's eyes. His focus is on his own food.

"Why are you not staring at me?" Ten chuckled. "Don't be nervous around me. I don't bite."

"Yah! what's wrong about you all of the sudden?" Doyoung questioned. He noticed that Kun's not in the same state as before. He stopped teasing him which is very unusual. 

They then ate their food. Ten and Doyoung are the only one talking while Kun just stayed in silence. 

Kun felt something is wrong with Ten. Ten can't recognize him? It'll be bad if he does though but why is he acting like nothing happened?

After few minutes. Ten began fixing his things. "Doyoung, I'll go first." He then looked at Kun. "Bye Kun. Nice to meet you again." He smiled. 

"Where are you going?" Doyoung said.

"I need to meet Jeno. He asked me to come to his class." He continued.  "I don't know what he's up to though."

"Okay, take care Ten." With that Ten left the said place.

"Hey, you like him don't you?" Doyoung teased when Ten is out of sight.

"What?! No!" Kun shouted.

"Then why are you nervous around him? He's pretty right?" 

"You're prettier than him." Kun confessed honestly. He really like Doyoung the way he is. He is just shocked at the fact that he'll meet Ten here.

"Nah!" Doyoung laughed. "That's a big joke." 

"It's true." Kun said seriously. "It's not that I like you because you look like a bunny. Wait. Yeah I like you because of that too but it is also because you are so caring and -"

"Stop it." Doyoung stood up and left the table. He doesn't want to hear more of this. It feels great that someone sees you that way but Kun isn't the one he loves. It's Jaehyun. He doesn't want to hurt him and make him feel the same way he is feeling right now. 

"I love you Doyoung." Kun said enough for the bunny to hear.

"I'm sorry."

-------

Meanwhile Ten walked to the hallway going towards Jeno's classroom but Taeyong blocked his way.

"Where are you going?" Taeyong said, crossed arms.

"I'm just going to Jeno's classroom Taeyongie~" 

"Why?" 

Ten took this chance to hug the older when they are alone in the hallway. By hugging the older just for a short time, he can make himself feel safe. 

Taeyong was surprised at his sudden action and hugged the smaller back.
"Are you feeling better?"

He felt great knowing that Ten isn't mad at him. He must be telling the truth when he said that he's just sick.

"Oppa~" Ten acted cutely all of the sudden  that is a sure turn on to the older. "Please let me pass?"

"Please don't do that to me." Taeyong moved his face close to the younger. "You'll make me you."

"Taeyong Oppa?" With that Ten ran fast ,laughing, leaving Taeyong smiling on how cute his baby is. "I'll call you that from now on!!!" 

"Sure but call me that alone and no one else!!"

"Yeah Taeyong Oppa!!!" Ten shouted loudly.

-----

The classes continued with Mr. Sehun discussing a lecture. Ten is near sleeping because of boredom. He is near to the door of the dreamland.

"Ten" Jaehyun called poking the side of the smaller with his pen. 

"What?" Ten woke up suddenly with the sudden action done to him.

"It's been so long since we've hang out." Jaehyun pouted. "I've missed you."

"Me too." Ten smiled. It's really true, it's been so long since the last time they've been together. He missed his friend who helped him alot. 

"Don't be late okay?" Jaehyun uttered.

"Yeah."

After the classes:

"Taeyongie." Ten said. 

They are now alone in the classroom since all of their classmates went out first including Jaehyun and Doyoung.

"What is it?" Taeyong fixed his things and putted it on his shoulder bag.

"I need to talk to Jaehyun about something so you can go now first."
Ten looked at him. He knows too well that those two aren't in good terms and he doesn't know why. Taeyong and Jaehyun never really talked about him about it. It's like a taboo topic for them.

"Please don't go Tennie." Taeyong being jealous trying to stop his baby from meeting his brother. "And won't your hyung pick you up?"

"No he won't." Ten trying to avoid the topic about his hyung. He still feels bitter towards him and nothing will change that. "I brought my car."

"Is that so?" Taeyong heaved a sigh. "Can I see you after that?"

"Oppaaaa~" Ten groaned and crossed his arms. "Tomorrow, I'm all yours so let me be for today?"

"Why him?"

"Taeyong, He is your brother and my friend. It's okay."

"Okay fine." Taeyong heaved a sigh. "I'll trust you with this. Just tell it to me when something bad happens."

To be continued :) ;)