Boy in Luv

We Meet Again

Welcome stonecat! Thank you for subscribing and hope you enjoy the story :D

Woah I got my first upvote ever, thank you sooo much SGyuGirl! <3


Ch 9. Boy in Luv

Jungkook

My phone rang and I picked it up without even bothering to see the id.

 

“Maknae ah, what are you doing now?” the caller asked in a thick Busan accent.

 

I would recognise that voice anywhere. I knew it came from Jimin hyung.

 

“Lying in bed.” I said.

 

I know I sound pathetic right now.

 

It was quite an unsightly view to see a guy in Yeo Jin’s room, both of them looking smitten while watching a movie. Looking at them being affectionate towards each other not only made me feel uncomfortable, but in a way, a little miserable?

 

“Hyung, are you free now?” I asked.

 

“Yes. Why? Do you miss me?” he said in a cheesy voice.

 

“No Hyung, I just need to get out of here.” I said honestly.

 


 

I texted my mum that I would be going out. She didn’t really mind considering I am already 19 years old.

But she did reminded me to stay safe.

 

I packed two sets of extra clothes, a towel, toiletries and my water bottle into a duffle bag.

I used a pair of sneakers and went off to the gym to meet Jimin hyung. 

 

Exercising have always relieved my stress. It helps me think clearly. This time, it's what I need.

I need to understand what is making me feel stressed and uncomfortable. 

 

Jimin hyung arrived a few minutes later. His blonde hair strikes out. 

 

“What’s up maknae?” he asked.

 

I breathe in the air. I lifted some weights venting out my frustration on it. 

 

“Woah what happened?” he asked, sounding concerned by my sudden act of aggression.

 

I didn’t really know where to start. Being the youngest, I was the least experienced with girls.

I couldn’t imagine finally asking help from Jimin hyung for this kind of advice.

 

“There’s this girl…” I started.

 

“Ohh…” Jimin hyung said finally understanding where this conversation was going. He joined me lifting some weights, patiently listening to me.

 

“She was my best friend before I moved to Seoul and I haven’t seen her for the past five years.” I continued.

 

"So how do you feel about her?" he questioned me.

 

“I really don't know. But I don’t like seeing her with this guy she’s with now.” I explained, trying to sort out my thoughts.

 

“Have you met the guy?” Jimin hyung asked. 

 

“No, I haven’t. But I can’t stand seeing them cuddling. It’s not easy to look away. I can see them from my room.” I said.

 

“Kookie, I’m sure she’s a great girl, but are you sure you want to be involved in all of this?” he asked.

 

I thought about that for a while. 

 

“I’ve always cared about her. But this time I get this different feeling.” I admitted.

 

The more I talk about this, the more my feelings about her become clearer. Is this really why I become so envious when I see other guys with her?

 

"I think I love her, hyung." I whispered.

 

Jimin was too stunned to say anything. He gathered his thoughts for a while and began to say.

 

“Even if she doesn’t have a boyfriend and she likes you back, are you sure this is the right thing to do?”

 

I looked at him, unable to answer his question.

 

“Although we are not banned from dating, there are reasons why none of us are in a relationship. You have to leave again in 5 days. You won’t be exactly around to be with her. Let’s face it, you couldn’t meet her for the last five years. Do you expect her to be constantly waiting for you to come back again after another five years? We are always busy and don’t have time for ourselves." Jimin hyung said.

 

I looked to the floor. That was true.

 

"And not to mention how possessive ARMYs are. She might become a target for sasaeng fans. Do you want to risk her safety?” he continued

 

I shook my head.

 

“If you really do care about her, you need to consider what is best for her.” he said.

 

I wouldn’t say this out loud but Jimin hyung can be wise when he wants to be. 

 

 

“Are you telling me to give up?” I asked him.

 

“I’m telling you to be patient. Be there for her but don’t put her in harms way.” he looked 

 

I was quite sad. I wished he taught me ways to win her heart instead.

But, he was being realistic with me. No matter how much I hated it. 

 

“Sorry, maknae. I wished I could just tell you go for it, but I don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

I gave Jimin hyung a weak smile. Although I have made fun of Jimin hyung in the past, he has always been there for me and taken care of me like a brother. 

 


 

We took a bus back to Jimin’s apartment. It was my first time there but he has been inviting me to stay over so many times that I lost count. He took out some clean bed sheets and helped me prepare my bed in his guest room. 

 

“She likes you, hyung.” I said, sprouting out a random fact.

 

Jimin hyung turned to me with a puzzled look.

 

“Who likes me?” Jimin asked.

 

“The girl I was talking about.” I told him, remembering what Yeo Jin said when we talked in the kitchen. 

 

“I’m sure she’s just a fan.” he said reassuringly. 

 

Knowing how Jimin is Yeo Jin's bias, I can't help but wonder what would happen if Jimin hyung was the one who liked her. I bet she would accept him in a heartbeat.

 

But not me, because right now, I am just a friend to her. 

 

 


Author’s note:

 

 

Do you think Jungkook should follow Jimin's advise? 

Comment down below! :D

 

Cute Jimin tucking Jungkook in bed ^^ Jikook shipper here~