The Truth Untold

We Meet Again

I'm back~ Sooo sorry for disappearing for more than one year. I’ve been really busy and kind of lost the momentum of writing ever since :'(

Anyway, thought I should make a comeback considering BTS had one recently :D

Thank you for your patience and all your support for this story <3


Ch 42. The Truth Untold

Jungkook

 

Warm welcomes and cheers. It seems like riding the wave of popularity makes life seem a lot more hopeful.

 

Here we are back in Seoul after our trip to the US. It has never dawned on me that this time we performed for the BBMAs. This feels all like a dream and my mind has not rest ever since we stepped off the plane.

 

Of course, being in the spotlight obviously came with the pressure of doing well. We had to outdo ourselves in order to remain on top. BTS was no longer competing with other popular boy groups — rather we were competing with ourselves.

 

The music stopped and I unfroze from my last dance step. The room filled with long hard breathes from all the hyungs and I. We panted for air after the long and brutal dance practice. Why were we working so hard?

 

Two words. Comeback performance.

 

 

It might sound ridiculous how a single 4-minute performance takes us tireless weeks to prepare. It was more amusing that people took a huge deal about this. Devoted ARMYs who sacrifice their time and money to watch a dance. But I guess that was the reason why we cared to practice so much.

The stakes rose even higher ever since we won the Social Award in the Billboards and performed in the AMAs.

 

We rose to fame at an unprecedented rate that barely any one of us could believe. 

Suddenly we were the talk of the town. Billboard interviews and short documentaries from the BBC?

It was hard to believe that our songs are on the radio in America. People around the world are listening to us. 

 

Maybe when we just debuted, people would have called us crazy for thinking that we could ever make it. Now, it feels like we were living in a dream but I guess hard work and dedication sure pays off. 

Rookie groups looked up to us now. I always felt a sense of disbelief that we were a senior group now. I would have a mini heart attack whenever I hear other groups call BTS “sunbae-nim”. It is even more unbelievable that other artists were covering our songs.

 

We were no longer the rookie group that no one knew. 

 

No, we had to practice to make a flawless performance because everyone expects no less than that.

 

You can tell this changed us a little. Hoseok hyung was a little more harsh on us than usual.

He was scary when he was on choreography director mode. Still, I really appreciated his passion for dance as it pushed us all and made the team better.

 

“Hyung, don’t forget to do this move.” he told Jin hyung. 

 

“I know, I know. It goes like this right.” Jin hyung said.

 

Jin hyung moved his body stiffly.

 

Jin hyung definitely has improved his dancing ability but still, I couldn’t help but think that his moves were sometimes still awkward. 

Jimin hyung gave Jin hyung a pat in the back to comfort him.

 

“Try to move your body more here, Hyung.” Jimin hyung advised. 

 

He was definitely the most patient out of all of us and sometimes too kind.

 

“One more time!” Hoseok shouted.

 

The all-too-familiar music played once more time. 

 

We were all tired after hours worth of practice. But once again, we stood in our positions and moved to the music.


 

I danced hard to the beat, going back and forth across the dance floor. 

 

Suddenly, my head was spinning and I felt short of breath. 

 

I felt tired before, but this was different. 

This time, it was almost like I couldn’t control my body. 

 

Before I knew it, my legs gave away and things started getting blurry.

The music stopped and I heard fast steps coming towards me.

 

“Jungkook, calm down, don’t overexert yourself.” I hear the voice of Namjoon hyung as it was like in a far distance. 

 

I closed my eyes to focus on my breath.

 

“Back up boys, let him breathe.” I heard Yoongi hyung say. 

 

I had a brief relapse of my incident fainting off stage. I didn’t want that to happen again. I didn’t want my hyungs to worry.

 

“I’m fine. I’m fine.” I said to them. 

 

I got up on my feet.

 

“What happened there, Jungkook?” Hoseok hyung asked.

 

Years ago, I could run and dance all I want and never got tired. It this what people meant by getting older? Sometimes I feel like my body was degrading fast.

 

“Just need a breather.” I said.


 

I went out of the practice room, pulled on my hoodie and walked down the busy streets.

The gentle night breeze felt liberating. For once, I finally felt free from all the pressure of being a huge celebrity.

 

I saw a group of teenagers across the street. They were in their school uniform. Their eyes were droopy, probably tired from what seemed like a long day in school. 

 

I looked at my phone to check the time. 10.45pm.

I let out a sigh. It was a norm for schools kids to be out at this time after going from private classes. Kids must endure the harsh education system and study a lump sum of hours to “make it”.

 

I wondered what it would be like if I never became an idol. I would probably be amongst those kids. My back sore from studying and sitting down the entire day rather than from practising dance routines. 

 

I sighed. If I were to go back in time, would I have made the choices I have made today?


 

My mind wandered as the lights turned green. 

 

At that instance, I saw car emerge from a distance at an uncontrollably fast speed. 

 

I gasped and a huge pump of adrenaline kicked in as I wanted to make a run for it. 

 

No, I was going to be too late.

 

A huge flash of thoughts went through my mind. 

 

My hyungs, my parents, ARMY and of course, Yeo Jin. I wouldn’t be able to say goodbye to them.

 

I closed my eyes and anticipated the large impact.

 


 

A huge force pushed me into the air and into the solid pavement. 

 

I felt a pang of soreness but not as hard as I expected.

 

“Do you want to get killed?” The deep voice of a stranger yelled.

 

I sat up and glanced upwards to see the face of the person who saved me. 

 

I stared at him for a moment, almost too paralyzed to move.

 

He was good-looking, tall and almost familiar.

 

“No. I’m fine. I didn’t see the car. But thanks for that.” I replied hesitantly.

 

“You shouldn’t be wandering around here alone.” he told me. 

 

I looked at the guy suspiciously. Did he know who I was?

 

In his hands were a pair of drumsticks which he quickly tucked into his jeans pocket. In turn, he reached his hand out.

 

I grabbed his hand cautiously but he pulled me up to my feet.

 

“You should take care of yourself, Jungkook-shi. I think we both know someone who doesn’t want you to get hurt.”

 

He turned around and walked off into the darkness. 


 

Author's note:

Hope you still remember the story. But I don't blame you if need a refresher considering the long wait.

Who do you think is the guy who saved Jungkook?

It's pretty obvious if you remember the last chapter XD