Like

We Meet Again

Hi hi Juli8750, thank you for subscribing! :)


Ch 7. Like

Jungkook

I pressed the door bell and waited impatiently.

 

Who knew I would be more nervous meeting an old friend than performing on stage in front of hundreds of screaming fans. 

 

Yeo Jin’s mum opened the door and greeted us with a bright smile. 

 

“Hello, Junhee!” she said to my mum giving her a big hug.

 

I gave a 90 degree bow to Yeo Jin’s mum. 

 

“Hello, Jungkook! Look at you, you’ve become very handsome young man.” she said.

 

“Thank you, Auntie!” I said, hiding a smile.

 

I followed Yeo Jin’s mum into their living room. Wow, it was just like I remembered it. It was small but clean.

 

I put down the Kimchi Stew I made on the kitchen table.

 


 

“Sorry, Yeo Jin won’t be able to make it. She had already made plans for tonight.” Yeo Jin’s mum explained.

 

I looked down in disappointment. I was really looking forward to meet her  after a really long time.

 

She is my best friend after all, the person who understands me the most, even more than my hyungs.

 

I have always felt a bit distant with my hyungs because life was tough for all of us. I didn’t wanted to be a burden to the team. I was scared to share my worries to my hyungs as they had difficulties of their own, some of which were much harder than I could have possibly understand at that time.

 

I was the maknae, the youngest, and was often little or no help to the rest of them. The least I could do was to take care of myself. 

 

However, I felt comfortable around Yeo Jin. We grew up together and we were the same age. Our friendship has never been a one-sided affair. Somehow, life was better when we helped each other.

 

I didn’t need to hide my troubles around her nor do I have to pretend that I am the perfect Golden Maknae. 

 

I forced myself to look up to Yeo Jin’s mum and fake a smile.

 

“It’s okay, I’ll see her around.” I said trying to play it cool. 

 


 

I went to help my mum and Yeo Jin’s mum prepare the food. 

 

“Jungkook, I heard that you recently got 6 wins for your newest album and 2 major awards! Congratulation, we are all really proud of you.” she said.

 

“Ohh thank you! You’ve heard that?” I said while blushing.

 

“Yes, Yeo Jin and her friends couldn’t stop talking about it last week. She likes your songs you know?” she exclaimed.

 

My face flushed red. I was really happy to hear that she liked my songs. I would have liked it hearing it from her though.

 


 

We started eating and talked about everything that happened for the past five years. I found out that Yeo Jin is now in Busan College taking Architecture.

 

She has always liked to draw. I was glad she too was living her dream. 

 

Suddenly I heard the door open and saw someone enter.

 

“Hi Mum, I’m home!” a girl shouted.

 

I sat up straight, immediately recognising my friend’s voice. 

 

Yeo Jin looked exceptionally pretty with her long black hair down which reached her waist. She wore a white blouse and a rather short denim skirt, a little bit more dressed up than the girl I once knew would usually wear.

 

However, I could tell that something was bothering her. She looked tired and a little bit sad.

 

She was running towards the stairs that led to her room before she realised my mum and I were also in the house. 

 

She looked a bit stunned seeing guests in her house but then looked as though she remembered something. I guessed her mum told her that we were coming but she forgot. 

 

“Good evening, Auntie!” she said greeting my mum in a bow. Then she looked at me and gave me a shy smile.

 

My mum laughed a little. 

 

“I'm glad you could make it Yeo Jin! Why don’t you join us here?” my mum offered.

 

She looked at me and I gave her a huge smile. She looked down, averting her gaze and sat beside her mum, in front of me at the dining table.

 

“I didn’t expect you to be home so early, Honey. So how was your date?” her mum asked.

 

I felt like a dagger pierced through my heart. Strangely, I was a bit upset hearing that she was on a date. Lucky guy, I thought. 

 

Wait, am I jealous?

 

Yeo Jin continued looking down, stirring her soup with her spoon.

 

“Not so great.” she said, sounding a bit upset.

 

I felt angry seeing her sad like that. Who is this guy who made my friend sad like this?

 

“Well, perhaps he’s not the one, Honey.” her mum said kindly.

 

“It wasn’t him, Mum. He was fine. It’s just…” she began.

 

Then she realised she was ranting in front of my mum and I. 

 

“Never mind…” she said sounding embarrassed.

 


 

The room became silent. I didn’t know what to say, neither did my mum.

 

“The Kimchi Stew you made tastes really good, Jungkook.” her mum said, trying to change the subject. 

 

“You made this?” Yeo Jin said looking surprised yet impressed.

 

I was happy that she was finally talking to me again. 

 

“Yes, Seokjin hyung taught me how to make this in our dorm.” I said.

 

“It’s really good!” she smiled while complementing my apparently good culinary skills.

 


 

After we finished eating I cleaned up the table and brought the plates we used to the kitchen. Yeo Jin was already there, washing the used spoon and forks.

She seemed a bit distracted, lost in her own thoughts.

 

“I heard you listened to my songs.” I said, trying to start a conversation.

 

She jumped a little, surprised that I was there.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” I said grinning slightly. 

 

She looked cute like a frightened hamster.

 

She gave me a genuine smile. “Yes, they’re really nice.” she said.

 

I approached her until we were standing side by side, trying to help her with the dishes.

 

“One of my friends is a really big fan of yours.” she continued.

 

I chuckled in delight. “And how about you?” I asked her, slightly hopeful.

 

“Emm… Park Jimin-ssi…” she said teasingly.

 

I sighed in disappointment. I couldn’t believe that my own friend chose Jimin hyung over me. I didn’t like losing to Jimin hyung. 

 

“Eyyy…” I said while I spraying water at her playfully, not even bothered hiding my disappointment.

 

She nudged me playfully.

 

“How about we’d be friends?” she asked.

 

I looked at her in surprise by her question.

 

“Who said we’ve ever stopped?” I told her. 

 


Author’s note:

 

I hope this answers why Jungkook was excited to see Yeo Jin ^^~

 

Anyway, how do you find their interaction?

 

Comment down below :D