House of Cards

We Meet Again

Thank you sooo much fujimotoasuka, orbitsrule, Dahlerlove, kaylaaaa, bao_wow, Hongsarnaon9 and exox_pix!^^

I'm sooo happy you subscribed!<3


 

 

Ch 20. House of Cards

Yeo Jin

 

Dahyun came to school with a huge smile on her face. I guess she was happy to see Jungkook live who personally sang to her.

I mean, who wouldn’t be happy to meet your favourite idol member? 

 

“I still cannot believe this! Please tell me that yesterday wasn’t just a dream. Someone pinch me.” Dahyun blabbered non-stop. 

 

Sana pinched her cheeks playfully. 

 


 

After classes, we headed off to our favourite cafe in campus.

 

Since exam week is over, we could relax for a bit before we really sat down to do our homework.

 

Surprisingly, now Dahyun was a little quieter than usual. I would have expected her to continue fan-girling and smiling like she did this morning. 

 

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked her curiously.

 

“What? Nothing!” she said blatantly. 

 

I frowned in disbelief. I knew something must be bothering her considering her obvious change in behaviour since this morning.

 

“You’re a terrible liar, Dahyun.” Sana said honestly. 

 

It seems like I’m not the only one who noticed it.

 

She hesitated a bit but then she looked at me.

 

“Yeo Jin, is there anything going on between you and Jungkook?” she asked.

 

That caught me by surprise. Was that what was bothering her?

 

I don’t really blame her for being suspicious though. Inviting Jungkook to her birthday party seems to be out of the blue. 

 

“What? No, we’re just friends. We grew up together.” I explained.

 

She looked at me in the eye, perhaps trying to figure out whether I was telling the truth.

 

Then, she took out her phone and showed me a picture.

 

“Because I saw this picture on Twitter of Jungkook holding hands with a girl. And the girl looks a lot like you.” she said, her voice nearly cracked.

 

I looked at the picture and my heart dropped. I was the girl in the picture.

 

I read the top comment.

 

They look like a couple! Do you think Jungkook is dating in secret? 

 

There I was in my white dress which coincidentally matched his white shirt.

It did not help that I was wearing sunglasses and he wore a mask. It looked like we were trying to hide something. 

 

Sometimes, I thought that fans overthink things. Like WINGS theories..

Who knows if there isn’t any meaning behind it after all?

 

Now this? As much as I would like it, Jungkook and I are not dating.

Did everyone have to jump into conclusions with this one picture of us holding hands?

 

Is this how people’s reputation are tarnished? By an unexplained photograph that is blown out of proportions?

 

“Is there anything you want to tell us Yeo Jin?” Nayeon asked out of concern.

 

“Listen, this is not what you think. We’re close to each other but we aren’t a couple or anything.” I explained.

 

They looked at me, perhaps wanting more details.

 

“Yesterday was his last day in Busan. He was leaving to go to Seoul so we just held hands. As friends.” I emphasised. 

 

Dahyun was still looking down, avoiding eye contact.

 

“We believe you.” Sana said reassuringly.

 

“Okay..” Dahyun said a bit hesitantly.

 


 

I looked back at the picture and comments. One caught my eye.

 

Hey she is one of the girls in the video of the birthday party Jungkook and Jimin performed in.

 

Some people compared the picture taken with a screenshot of the video performance. 

 

I feared that they could know my identity and find me. After all, with such high tech devices these days, anything was possible. 

 

I locked my phone and decided to not be so paranoid. I shouldn’t let this bother me and just do my homework. 

 


 

After a while, my phone started buzzing. I usually ignored messages when I do work, but then I was a bit curious who would be so bothered to contact me.

 

It was a text from an unknown number. 

 

I’m going to hunt you down and find you!

 

The text sent chills across my back. But I took a deep breath.

Maybe it was just a prank?

 

I scrolled down and read the other text.

 

Don’t you dare touch my Jungkook!

 

I shuddered. This is too creepy to be a coincidence.

 

How did they get my number?

 

My phone buzzed once again. 

 

I see you.

 

My heart stopped for a second.

 

I looked around. There were quite a lot of people around the area.

It could be any one of them.

 

“Yeo Jin, are you okay?” Sana asked.

 

I gave her my phone and the three of them saw the messages.

 

“We have to get out of here.” Nayeon said.

 


 

We went outside the cafe and walked as fast as we could.

 

I felt nervous, like I was being watched.

 

Once again a walking target.

 

I didn’t like getting the attention of the media. I didn’t like getting attention from anyone. 

 

Why am I involved in these sort of things in my life?

 

I just want to graduate and get a degree as an architect and work in Seoul.

 

But maybe this is fate? The universe telling me that I should not shy away from other people.

 

Is this what Jungkook felt as an idol? Constantly being watched by the people around you?

 

No, I bet it was far worst.

 


 

I turned around to see that no one was there. 

 

My phone buzzed again. 

 

Don’t think you can run away from me.

 

I took a few steps forward again.

 

Only then I began to realise that a car was following behind us

 

I put my phone in my pocket and we ran as fast as we can to a remote area to a narrow street where they couldn’t follow me. 

 

While running, I heard a thud.

 

I turned back and realised that my phone dropped from my pocket. 

 

I ran back to take it back.

 

“No, Yeo Jin! Leave it!” Sana shouted.

 

“What?” I said out of confusion.

 

“Your phone. That’s how they are tracking you.”

 


Author's note:

I really hope you're not reading this at night XD

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I will be busy these next few days :(

I'm sooo sorry but I won't be updating this story until the 1st January 2017..

Hang in there, I will be back!^^~