Cell Phone

We Meet Again

Hellooo Yoong10 and fiqah89!^^ Thank youuu for subscribing! :D


 

 

Ch 22. Cell Phone

Jungkook

 

We speeded off into the highway. The car was still behind us. 

 

The both of us sat in silence, too much in shock to say anything. 

 

The only thing I heard was the sound of our pounding heartbeats.

 

Yoongi hyung was frantically texting Namjoon hyung about what happened. 

 

For the first time in my life, I saw a hint of fear in his eyes.

 

Suddenly, my phone rang, breaking the silence. 

A call from an unknown number. 

 

I ignored it as I was too terrified that it might be them.

 

The number rang again.

 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

 

Please, leave me alone, I thought.

 


 

“Driver-nim can you take us to Seoul?” Yoongi hyung asked the driver.

 

“It’s four hour drive. Maybe I can take you to the train station instead?” he suggested.

 

“No, they can catch up to us on the train.” I said, a bit worried.

 

“But I don’t have enough fuel to drive to Seoul. We might have to stop by on the way.” the driver explained. 

 

I groaned out of frustration. They would definitely catch up to us if we stopped for gas.

 

I feared what they would do to us if they caught us. Were we like mere trophies for them to keep? 

 

The memory of them trying to tie my arms flashed in my head. 

I shuddered at the thought. 

 

I didn’t want them anywhere near me. 

 


 

My phone buzzed, pulling me out of my thoughts. I got a text from the unknown number.

 

Jungkook, this is Yeo Jin. I’m using my mum’s number to contact you. I had to leave my phone behind because someone used it to track me down.

Have you seen the news on Twitter?

 

I wanted to believe that it was her. 

 

I did give her my phone number on a piece of paper. She could have referred to it to contact me. 

 

But after what happened today, I didn’t know if I should trust this text message.

 

“How do I know it’s her?” I asked Yoongi hyung.

 

“Maybe ask her something that only she could answer.” he suggested.

 

This was difficult. ARMYs knew a lot of things about me: my hobbies, my favourite colour, my favourite food, the name of my older brother. 

 

On top of that, I couldn’t ask her to take photo evidence because the girls chasing us have Yeo Jin’s phone.

That’s bound to have some pictures of her.

 

I thought about it for a moment and then I got an idea.

Something that only the two of us knew.

 

Send an audio recording of our secret knock. I typed.

 

I held my breath as I waited for her reply. 

 

A few seconds later, she sent me one and I heard it attentively.

 

Tap tap, tap tap, tap. 

 

I sighed in relief.

 

“That’s her.”

 


 

I called the number.

 

“Hello.” I was immediately glad to hear her voice.

 

Yeah, call me a terrible friend for failing to distinguish her voice from that creepy girl.

 

“Sorry for that Yeo Jin, I had to prove that was you. Some girls used your phone to trick us just now.” I explained.

 

She paused for a while.

 

“They got your number?” she asked sounding alarmed.

 

“Yes, we’re trying to run away from them right now.” I said, trying to sound calm.

 

“Delete all your contacts and leave your phone now! If they got your number, they can use it to track you.” she told me.

 

My heart dropped. Even if we did manage to shake them off our tails, they could still track us down using my phone. They could still find us and our dorm. I could put all my hyungs in danger.

 

“Wait if I leave my phone, then how am I supposed to contact you?” I asked. 

 

“Is anyone there with you?” she asked me. 

 

Yoongi hyung heard us and nodded at me.

 

“I’ll use Yoongi hyung’s phone to call you back.” I said.

 

I saved her mum’s number into Yoongi hyung’s phone. 

 


 

In a red light, I saw the car chasing us was a few cars behind ours. Their line of sight was blocked by a truck in front of them. 

 

This was the perfect opportunity for us to escape.

 

“Driver-nim, please drive as far as you can from Busan and Seoul.”

 

I gave him 100,000 won and my phone.

 

“Come on, Hyung.” I told Yoongi hyung.

 

We carefully slipped out of the taxi and sprinted to hide behind a tree on the pedestrian. 

 

I hoped that they didn’t see us.

 

We waited for the light to turn green and watched their car speed off following the taxi we were in. 

 

The both of us sighed in relief. They fell for it! 

 

I never felt so happy in my entire life. We finally got them off our sleeves. 

 


 

Yoongi hyung flagged down another taxi and we got in it.

 

“Please take us to the train station.” he told the driver.

 

I borrowed his phone and called Yeo Jin’s mum’s number.

 

“I’m really sorry, Jungkook! I didn’t know they could use my phone to get to you.” she apologised.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s not your fault.” I told her.

 

Those crazy girls are to be blamed for all of this.

 

“Did you manage to get away from them?” she asked.

 

I saw Busan station and we boarded the fastest train heading towards Seoul. 

 

“Yes. We’re safe.” I said, smiling. 

 


 

Author’s note

 

I hope you liked the chase scene as much as I enjoyed writing it hehehe^^~

 

I don’t know if you noticed but I made a Harry Potter reference when Jungkook asked a question that only Yeo Jin would know how to answer :P

Any Potterheads out there?