24/7=Heaven

We Meet Again

Welcome Dontgoexoluexo and thank you for subscribing!^^


 

 

Ch 38. 24/7=Heaven

Yeo Jin

 

The girls and I walked out of class like zombies. We barely got any sleep the past few nights to complete our projects.

 

“I can’t believe Professor Yoo gave us another assignment. We just finished the last one. I thought we could finally take a break.” Sana complained.

 

“I can’t think properly right now. All I want to do when I get home is sleep.” Nayeon said. 

 

I was too tired to talk. I could barely walk in a straight line. All I could think about was my nice warm bed.

 

“I think I’m losing it, girls. I see Jeon Jungkook outside school.” Dahyun slurred.

 

I wanted to laugh at Dahyun’s wild fantasies. Jungkook was still having his break in Busan, but why would he be out in public? 

 

Nonetheless, I looked outside and saw that she was right.

 

There he was in black clothes, a beanie, face mask and a backpack. 

 

This made me surprised, enough to make me less sleepy. Was he out of his mind?

Even though his face was covered, any ARMY out there could recognise him in a heartbeat. 

 

I rushed outside and dragged him to a corner, far away from other students in campus.

 

“Jungkook, what are you doing here?” I asked really worried.

 

“Can’t I pick up my girlfriend from school?” he said in his cute bunny grin.

 

I blushed. Sometimes, he was too sweet.

 

“But what if someone sees you?” I asked.

 

“You don’t need to worry about me, Yeo Jin. I can take care of myself.” he assured me.

 

I pouted. I thought that he would have been more cautious after he was tricked by Minah and her friends. I didn’t like it when he risked his safety for me.

 

“What if there was some crazy fan out here that wanted to kidnap you?” I argued.

 

“I don’t think they would do that in front of such a large crowd. Come on, Yeo Jin, aren’t you just glad to see me?” he smirked.

 

I glared at him but I couldn’t be angry for long. 

 

Why did he have to be so charming?

 

“Actually, seeing you is the best thing that happened today.” I admitted.

 

He lifted my chin to take a good look at me.

 

“I was going to ask you what happened. You don’t look that great.” he said honestly.

 

“There’s just a killer workload this semester. I’m just a little tired.” I said cautiously. 

 

I didn’t want him to get too worried.

 

He looked down, avoiding eye contact.

 

“Ohh actually I was going to ask you out on a date. Just the two of us for once. But never mind, I think that it’s better that you get some rest.” he said, trying to hide his disappointment. 

 

Only then I remembered that he was going to go back to Seoul tomorrow. This was probably going to be the last time I could see him before he returned to his busy idol life.

 

“No, I’m fine! Let’s go!” I insisted

 

I marched off but I stumbled on my own feet. 

 

Jungkook rushed off to my side and helped me up.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked, sounding worried.

 

“I’m okay, just a little dizzy.” I admitted.

 

“You don’t need to force yourself, Yeo Jin. I think I should take you home.” he suggested.

 

I didn’t want to lose the chance of spending time with him while he was here. 

 

“I’m okay, really!” I assured him.

 

He looked at me in concern.

 

“Okay, but you’re not walking!” he told me.

 

He lifted me up on his back and gave me a piggyback ride. He supported my legs while circled my arms around his neck.

 


 

We got off in a park with luscious green grass that stretched far and wide. Trees and blossoming flowers surrounded us. I have never seen a park so beautiful before.

 

I heard the sound of birds chirping and bees buzzing. I felt one with the nature.

 

“I wanted to have a little picnic here.” Jungkook suggested.

 

I smiled in excitement. I never really had the time to go out. 

 

Jungkook laid out the blankets while I set the food out of his backpack.

 

He prepared sandwiches and a variety of cut fruits.

 

We sat there and ate while enjoying the spectacular view.

 

I saw an old married couple using matching outfits strolling along the park. They looked so lovely walking hand in hand, while they talked to each other. I wished I could grow old and be happy like that. It made me into a hopeless romantic.

 


 

A ball bounced towards me. 

 

I picked it up and looked for the owner.

 

A little boy waddled towards me, reaching for the ball. Behind him was a young couple chasing after the little boy.

 

A smile subconsciously carved in my face.

I bent down and passed the ball to the little boy. 

 

“Thank you!” the women hollered as she ran towards me and her son.

 

“No problem!” I chimed.

 

She caught her breath before she picked up the little boy, carrying him in her arms.

 

“Hyung Seok, say thank you to Noona!” the woman chorused.

 

The boy looked at me shyly.

 

“Thank you, Noona!” the boy whispered.

 

I smiled at his cute response.

 

“How old are you, Hyung Seok?” I asked.

 

The boy put out three fingers and looked down.

 

“Aww you’re so cute! Please be a good to your mama, okay Hyung Seok?” I chimed.

 

The boy nodded his head and his mum chuckled.

 

“Do you have kids?” she asked me.

 

“Ohh no! I’m not even married yet.” I explained.

 

She looked at Jungkook and her eyes widened.

 

“Ohh are you two together?” she asked Jungkook.

 

“Yes, Ma’am.” he said.

 

“I’m a fan of yours. Please have a good break!” she giggled.

 

Jungkook chuckled and nodded.

 

“It’s getting dark. I’d better go head back to my husband. It was nice talking to the both of you!” she smiled.

 

I watched her walk to her husband as he lifted Hyung Seok in the air. Her husband kissed her on her cheek and waved to us as they left.

 

I smiled looking at their happy family. I wished I could have a family of my own someday. 

 

But my heart hurt considering it would be almost impossible to have a family with Jungkook. It wasn’t fair for me to expect that from him.

 

After all, he was an idol. Barely any idols can get married and have time for children.

 

Jungkook looked down and held my hand.

 

“Yeo Jin, I know what you’re thinking. We can work this out you know.” he tried comforting me.

 

I smiled at him. He was sweet to want that for the both of us. 

 

But, I’ve got to be realistic. I’m sharing him with thousands of fangirls out there. 

 

I might have shared a past with him, but I doubt we could share a future together. 

 

I tried to shake the thought off my mind. After all, this was the last time I might see him in a long time. I’d better cherish the moment while it lasts.

 

We laid down on the grass, watching the stars twinkle in the night sky while he sang a lullaby.

 

I closed my eyes hearing his soothing voice and I drifted off to sleep.

 


 
Author's note:
 
I doubt Jungkook can roam the streets without a fan noticing him.