Run

We Meet Again

Hey there~ Thank you dawii-chan, Narcos08, alexistence, Crystalia_ks,  Emilia430 and mytientran for subscribing!^^


 

Ch 28. Run

Jungkook

 

My dad looked up as he heard my voice. 

 

His expression darkened when he finally realised I was standing there. 

 

I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was him.

 

My dad was very busy as he frequently travelled for work. I rarely had a chance to meet him but when I did, he always remembered to shower us with gifts from the places he went to. Yes, it may sound materialistic but I still appreciated that he thought about us. I understood that he didn’t have the luxury of spending quality time together. 

 

I have always admired my parents while I was growing up. Both of them worked but they still managed to take care of my brother and I. I would have never made it as an idol if it wasn’t for their tremendous support. 

 

But I looked up to my dad in particular because he made me believe that it was possible to have both a family and a busy work life. He and Mum still managed to get along well. He gave her his utmost attention whenever he was back home. I called him ‘Superman’ and aspired to be one too.

 

Apparently, this was just a facade. I was led to believe in a perception that was obviously not the reality. 

 


 

He immediately stopped kissing the woman in front of him. 

 

She had her back turned so I didn’t get to see her face.

But one thing was sure, that wasn’t my mother.

 

How dare he do this? Was this what he meant when he was ‘busy’?

 

I clenched my fist in anger. It took every will in my body to suppress my resentment at him.

 

I took deep breaths to calm myself down. I should let him explain himself, I thought

 

“Wait a moment.” he told the woman.

 

He got up from his seat and walked towards me.

 

“Jungkook?” he asked.

 

“You better have a good explanation for this.” I said coldly. 

 


 

He brought me to the drink counter away from the women he was with. 

 

He looked at me thoroughly. 

 

“Jungkook, you’ve grown up so much. You were just this tall the last time I saw you.” he chuckled, trying to hide his nervousness.

 

Six long years. I exhaled furiously. 

 

Maybe it was my fault for not returning back home for five years but I could have met him the last time I went to Busan. That was if he wasn’t so ‘busy’.

 

“How was your tour?” he continued to ask me shamelessly.

 

He glared at him in disbelief.

 

“Stop changing the topic.” I growled.

 

His smile faded from his face and he finally looked guilty. 

 

He sighed and played with the empty glass of drink he ordered. 

 

“Where should I start?” he asked.

 

“How long have you’ve been lying to Mum?” I asked bluntly.

 

He looked at me in horror as he thought about how to answer that question.

 

“Around two years ago. I must say, it didn’t happen immediately. I met Akemi in Japan while I was on a business trip there. She’s been a client for quite a long time. It was strictly a business relationship at first. But we got close when she moved work in Korea three years ago. She wasn’t very fluent in Korean so I helped her.” he confessed.

 

His hands were trembling. 

 

“I tried to be loyal to your mum but she wasn’t the same ever since you and your brother left. She was much more crankier and demanding when you were not around. It was difficult to be around her, just the two of us. I tried to be patient with her but we fought a lot. It was much easier for the two of us to escape through our work.”

 

Tears started to build up in my eyes. Was I the reason why my parents are unhappy now?

 

“Akemi, well, she was kind and funny… Very beautiful… She made me forget about my worries at home. I liked being around her.”

 

My blood was boiling. I felt betrayed, angry and hurt.

 

He was married, for goodness sake. He has no right to cheat on my mum. 

 

I dig my nails to the wooden counter, stopping myself from making a scene in public. 

 

I’m an idol. People know me. I mustn’t misbehave. I chanted in my head.

 


 

“I love you, your brother and your mum. I’m really sorry but things are not the same between your mum and I anymore. She isn’t the same person I married. I felt that I already lost her six years ago.”

 

I glared at my dad.

 

“More like you gave up on her.” I shouted.

 

The women named Akemi waddled over to my dad’s side.

 

“Is everything here okay, Honey?” she asked, rubbing his neck. She spoke in a distinct Japanese accent.

 

I looked at her closely only to realise something I didn’t notice before.

 

Her belly was swollen despite her small and lean body.

 

My dad was looking down, avoiding eye contact.

 

I snapped. Anger rushed through my veins and I flew into a rage.

 

“How dare you?” I screamed at him.

 

I wrestled the man down to the ground and punched his face.

 

The woman screamed for help. People started crowding around us but I was too angry to give a damn about other people.

 

Someone tried to get me off my dad but I tried to shake them off me. 

 

A few people joined in and I was lifted off the ground against my will. 

 

I struggled to release myself from their grip but they only held me tighter.

 

“Jungkook, Jungkook… Please calm down!” I heard the voice of Namjoon hyung.

 

I took heavy breaths and stopped resisting.

 

They let go of me from their grip and I looked at the extent of damage that I have caused.

 

My dad coughed out blood from his mouth and his face was heavily bruised.

 

I looked at my bloodied hands and tears began to form in my eyes.

 

What have I done?

 


 

Many people in the club were looking at me, some had their phones out and took pictures.

 

I looked at my hyungs. They looked confused and disappointed. 

 

I was too embarrassed to face them any longer.

 

I sprinted towards the exit.

 

“Jungkook, come back!” my hyungs called behind me.

 

I heard them chasing me from behind, trying to catch up to me.

 

But I was faster.

 

I ran as fast as I could away from this place.

 


Author's note

Just curious, what would you do if this happened to you?