Whalien 52

We Meet Again

A huge thank you to ByGodsGrace, Asuna7 and lmc210 for subscribing!

And a special shoutout to Yoong10, MyungsooOppaLover and ByGodsGrace for the upvote! :D


I'm just going to include piano version so you can hear it while reading the chapter XD

But I loved the lyrics to this song! You can find it here


 

Ch 24. Whalien 52 

Yeo Jin

 

“We should get some sleep.” Jungkook said on the phone.

 

I looked at the time to realise that it was already 4 am. We’ve talked for hours but it didn’t felt that long. 

 

“I don’t want to.” I complained playfully.

 

He chuckled. 

 

“Yoongi hyung is going to kill me for using up his phone balance.”

 

I giggled.

 

Here I was using my mum’s phone to call him. Fortunately, she let me borrow it until I got a new one. 

 

Those creepy stalkers costed us our phones. But then again, they were the reason why we were brave enough to admit our feelings.

 

Maybe there is a silver lining to everything?

 

 

“Do you have practice tomorrow?” I asked him.

 

“A huh…” he said with a yawn.

 

I realised that he must both mentally and physically drained after what happened today. On top of that, it was going to be another tiring day for him tomorrow.

 

“Okay, good night.” I whispered.

 

“Sweet dreams.” he murmured.

 

I drifted off to sleep with the phone beside me.

 


 

 I woke up feeling surprisingly happy despite only three hours of sleep. My heart was still fluttering with joy.

 

It didn’t seem real. Were Jungkook and I really together?

 

I checked BTS’ Twitter account to see if there was any announcements from Jungkook.

 

I was relieved to find that it wasn’t just a figment of my imagination.

 

This is BTS’ Maknae Jungkook.

Many people have been talking about that picture of me on Twitter.

There were many rumours so I would like to have my own say to this.

The girl in the picture and I have been friends for a very long time but now we are dating.

I do really love her so it would really mean a lot to me for ARMYs to support us and respect both our privacy.

Although I am in a relationship now, it does not reduce my love for ARMYs.

I will still work hard so I hope that you will continue to love BTS.

 

I read the comments from ARMYs.

 

I knew it! They were dating!

 

Fighting! We will always support you, Jungkook, in whatever you do.

 

Well, they are all human beings. They deserve to fall in love.

 

Aww I’m so happy he found someone!

 

It was heartwarming to see that most of the response were positive. They do seem to supportive of our relationship. 

 

Honestly, I did not want to get into a relationship being pressurised by the media. But I couldn’t insist that we were just friends.

What would friends do holding hands?

 

People won’t believe that. Even I didn’t want to accept that. 

 

Although I didn’t want to admit it, I couldn’t deny that I had feelings for him.

I was happy that he confessed to me. I didn’t have to hide my feelings for him anymore. 

 


 

I walked to school.

 

People were looking at me but at least they weren’t giving me cold stares. I wouldn’t be surprised if they knew what happened. 

 

The girls walked towards me but unlike their usual happy selves, they didn’t seem too pleased. 

 

Nayeon looked concerned, Sana looked disappointed and Dahyun a little angry.

 

“I guess you can tell we read the news today.” Dahyun said glumly. 

 

“Ohh that?” I said.

 

“Why didn’t you just tell us Yeo Jin? You didn’t have to lie to us.” Sana frowned.

 

“We thought we were your best friends. You could have trusted us to keep your secret.” Nayeon said.

 

I looked at them really apologetically.

 

“I swear it only happened earlier this morning.” I tried to explain.

 

They sighed. 

 

“I really don’t know if I can believe you anymore. I gave you a chance to explain yourself yesterday and you just had to pull out the ‘we’re just friends’ card.” Dahyun argued. 

 

I didn’t blame them for being mad at me. I should have been more honest to them.

Although Jungkook and I did only make it official today, I knew that I liked him. 

Things were complicated between us but I was wrong for not even trying to explain the whole story. 

 

“Listen, I’m not mad at you. I’m just a little disappointed that I learned this huge secret you had from the social media along with hundreds of people who don’t even know you.” Sana explained. 

 

“Yeo Jin, you’re just very guarded and we just wished you opened up to us a little more. We are your friends after all.” Nayeon said. 

 

I looked at them feeling really terrible. 

 

“I’m really sorry about this.” I apologised. 

 

Nayeon gave me a weak smile, Sana looked down but Dahyun seemed to still be a bit upset. 

 

“We need some time to think about it.” Sana said.

 


 

I looked at them walking off in the hallway, leaving me alone. 

 

Tears formed in my eyes.

They are upset because of me. I should have told them. This was all my fault.

 

I locked myself in a cubicle feeling overwhelmed by all of this. It was difficult to deal with this. I didn’t wanted to lose my best friends.

 

The outside bathroom door slammed shut and I could hear the footsteps of a few girls going into the bathroom.

My eyes widened in surprise and I stood dead still in the cubicle. 

 

“What is this?” I heard the unmistakably stern voice of Kim Sun Ae.

 

“Its… Its…” said a girl stuttering

 

“We just found it somewhere.” said another girl who sounded calm in contrast.

 

“Don’t think I didn’t know what you were up to.” Sun Ae said.

 

Everyone was quiet for a moment.

 

“After all I’ve been through, how dare you do that to someone else?” she raged.

 

My heart stopped for a second when I heard the bathroom door slam once more and footsteps leading out of the bathroom.

 

“Sun Ae, wait!” said a girl.

 

I was quite shocked to hear someone shout at like. But considering how incredibly hot-headed Kim Sun Ae was, maybe it was just another normal day for her.

 


 

I usually didn’t mind being alone. But after few days has passed, I started feeling lonely eating lunch alone.

 

I would see my friends sitting in a table across the canteen as they too ate lunch in silence.

It was so unlike us. We would usually be talking and laughing about random things.

I didn’t like this. Neither one of us looked happy. 

 

With time, I hope they forgive me.

 


 

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kim Sun Ae give me a weak smile.

 

Maybe my eyes were mistaken. Why would she smile at me? We're not even friends.

 

But no, I would see her flash a smile at me whenever we passed each other and she actually looked genuine.

 

Perhaps she pitied me? 

 

Another odd thing was that she was no longer with her clique.

 

Was this because of that argument she had?

 


 
Author's note:
 
This chapter is a little longer that the others. Sorry, I think I got too carried away XD
 
Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts about this chapter!^^
And if you have theories you have about what happened, do share them :)