If I Ruled the World

We Meet Again

Thank you to my 4 new subscribers: TheFaninLove, capribunnie99, 0UwU0L and sophialkl!^^~

Love you all <3


 

 

Ch 36. If I Ruled the World

Jungkook

 

My hyungs took a train back to Seoul after our beach trip. 

 

Part of me wanted to join them but I was glad that I could stay in Busan for a longer time.

 

Yeo Jin and I reached the street in front of our houses.

 

I wished her goodnight and took out the keys to my house. 

 

I turned the keys only to realise that the door was already unlocked. 

 

I looked at the shoe rack but I didn’t see my mum’s shoes.

 

Strange, she wasn’t back at home yet but who else could it be?

 

Instead, I noticed a pair of a male’s black boots that clearly wasn’t mine.

 

Cautiously, I pushed the door open and heard a loud clang in the kitchen. 

 

My heart raced faster and I looked for the nearest weapon I could find.

 

I raised an umbrella behind my head and set my phone to emergency dial just in case anything bad happened.

 


 

I peeked inside the kitchen and saw a glimpse of a male figure: broad backed with jet black hair that seemed awfully familiar. 

 

The man moved across the kitchen with agility, while he chopped up some vegetables.

 

I tilted my head and lowered the umbrella.

 

“Hyung?” I called.

 

The man turned around and raised his arms for a hug. He laughed and patted my back. 

 

I stared at my older brother.

 

He looked just like me but his features were more masculine.

He also got a lot more tanned and muscular ever since he joined the army.

 

He was two years older than me but we fought a lot when we were younger.

We only got close when I moved to Seoul and he went to the military.

I guess being far from home made me realise how I shouldn’t take my brother for granted.

    

“I missed you so much, Kookie.” he said.

 

“Me too, hyung. I thought you weren’t coming back home until you finished your military service next year.” I told him.

 

He patted my cheek and stared at me.

 

“I heard about Mum and Dad’s divorce. I also saw the news about what happened to you. Was that all true?” he asked.

 

I looked down and nodded my head.

 

“With everything that happened to our family, I knew that I had to rush back home.” he explained.

 

I gave him a weak smile.

 

“I’m glad that your home.” I said.

 


 

The front door opened and the two of us looked to see who it was.

 

“Mum!” my brother voice echoed.

 

“Junghyun, my Dear!” my mum shouted as she ran to hug my brother.

 

“What a pleasant surprise! I really missed you!” she beamed.

 

“I’m really happy that my sons are back. We should eat dinner together while the both of you are home.” she said looking at the both of us.

 

I smiled. 

 

“How are you doing, Mum?” my brother asked.

 

She sighed. 

 

“It hasn’t been easy for sure with your dad and all. But seeing the both of you back at home really made my day.” she explained.

 

I looked down, wishing that I could be home more often.

Sure, I could be here for a month to take care of my mum. 

But what about after that? 

 

I need to go back to Seoul and my brother needs to finish his military service.

My mum would be alone once again.

 

“Don’t feel guilty, Dear. You know how proud I am of both of you. Seeing the both of you happy and successful is a dream come true as a mother.” my mum smiled.

 


 

“Enough about me. Junghyun, is there anyone special in your life?” Mum asked my brother.

 

“Mum, I’m in the military. I only see trees, guns and men.” he said.

 

“Ohh but I know how children are these days. You know that you can tell me anything. I just want you to be happy.” my mum implied.

 

Junghyun hyung almost choked on his food.

 

My brother hasn’t dated anyone before.

Some girls have asked him out in high school but he turned all of them down.

I would understand why my mum thought that maybe he wasn’t looking for girls.

 

“Mum, the guys there are nice. But I’m not interested in them in that way.” he asserted.

 

I laughed along. 

 


 

“Jungkook, I heard you’re going out with the girl next door?” my brother asked me, trying to change the subject.

 

I looked up from my food and smiled nervously.

 

“Yes, Yeo Jin. Hyung, do you remember her?” I asked.

 

“Of course, the two of you were inseparable when you were young.” he answered.

 

Junghyun hyung would usually play with his friends from school. I didn’t really fit in with the ‘big kids’ so I hanged out with Yeo Jin instead.

 

“You know, I haven’t seen her in a long time. Maybe you could invite her for lunch tomorrow?” he suggested.

 

I looked at him. I didn’t know if it was a good idea. 

 

Junghyun hyung tends to be a little picky when it comes to girls. 

I was quite scared that he would not accept Yeo Jin. 

 

“That’s an excellent idea, Dear. I’m also free tomorrow so I would love to meet her.” my mum insisted.

 

I felt their stares penetrating my skull. 

 

It was tiring to be the youngest sometimes. I had no choice but to follow their will.

 

“I'll ask her to join us.”

 


Author's note

Now Yeo Jin will need to meet the real in-laws XD