Just One Day

We Meet Again

Welcome vernushamurugathas and ikhazulaikha!^^ 

Thank you sooo much for subscribing! :D


I can't believe I rewrote this entire chapter but it's done now XD

 

Ch 18. Just One Day

Yeo Jin

 

“Thanks for accompanying me back home.” I said to Jungkook.

 

He gave me a weak smile as I let go of his hand and walked towards my house. 

 

I didn’t like goodbyes. I wished that everyone could always be by my side forever.

People who meant a lot to me has left: my father and now... Him.

 

But I guess I must accept the reality. This was unavoidable. I knew he had no choice but to leave.

He’s an idol after all. He has a huge commitment to his team.

 

“Yeo Jin.” he called out.

 

I turned around and saw him walking towards me.

 

He took my hand and placed a folded piece of paper from his pocket.

 

“I hope we can see each other again.” he murmured, while closing my fingers. 

 

We stood outside both of our houses in a moment in silence, simply looking at each other's eyes.

 

The street lamps were dimly lit and we were shrouded in darkness. This made everything a lot sadder.

 

He finally broke our eye contact and walked off, entering his house. 

 


 

I went into my room and opened the piece of paper that Jungkook gave to me. 

 

I’ll keep my promise this time.

xxxx-8171

Save my number.

 

I chuckled as I updated his new phone number into my phone. 

 

I sent a text to him.

 

Have a safe trip! 

 

I looked outside, at Jungkook’s room. He had his back against the window, busy packing all of his belongings.

I guess he will read this tomorrow. I thought. 

 


 

Seeing the note from him made me feel a little nostalgic.

 

I pulled out a box from the bottom of my cupboard, something I have kept away for far too long.

I opened it and placed his note inside. 

 

I bit my lip as I saw other things that I have kept for all these years.

 

I carefully looked through all of the cute drawings he sent and read the letters he wrote to me when we were young. 

It brought a smile to my face as I read his really touching words of encouragement. Other letters made me feel emotional as they were more personal, where he shared his fears and worries.

 

It made me remember all of the memories we shared together. Memories that are too precious to forget.

 

I couldn’t help but wonder how things might have been like is he never left. My mum and his mum always teased us that we would get together one day.

I have always denied it in the past, but now maybe something has changed.

 

I can’t help but to admire him. I admired his ambition and his determination, for how charming he can be. 

Is why ARMYs fall for him? 

 

He has always been very understanding and pure hearted.

In a way, I have always felt so secure being around him.

 

All this time, have I been too blind to see it? Is there a possibility that Jungkook can be more than a friend? 

 


 

But it may be too late now. He’s leaving tomorrow. 

I couldn’t possibly stop him from going. This was his dream after all.

 

Seoul was a place I’ve only dreamed of going.

 

It was the World Design Capital in 2010. Home of beautiful historical landmarks and the best modern architecture that you can find in Korea. 

Not only that, it was the land of opportunities. The USA in Korea.

 

But it doesn’t come free. The cost of living there is generally more expensive.

It was a dream of many but only the privileged or the talented could live their dreams. 

 

It is not such a far-fetched dream for people like Sun Ae sunbae or Minhyuk oppa. They got it easy and could just ask their parents to fund them.

 

However, I don’t have that luxury. My mum is already working so hard to pay for my college fees, asking her to pay for me to go to Seoul is completely out of the question. 

 

No, this is my dream and I have to work hard for it.

 

And maybe, just maybe if I can achieve my dreams of working in Seoul, I will have room for other dreams. 

 

I looked out the window once again, at the boy who I really cared about. 

 

Is this what people meant by you don’t realise what you have until you lose it? I thought.

 

But I’m not going to give up. It is definitely going to take time and it isn’t going to be easy, but now it is my time to push myself to reach my dreams.

Dreams that are worth fighting for.

 

I stared at Jungkook, who was now closing his duffle bag.

 

This is not goodbye. One day, we will meet again.” I promised myself.

 


 

Author's note:

 

Yeo Jin finally realises that she maybe likes Jungkook <3

 

In my first draft, I wanted to end the story with this chapter~

I was going to leave it here for your own intrepretation of what happened to Yeo Jin and Jungkook...

 

But then I thought that it would be a cliffhanger, so I'm continuing the story hehehe^^

If I don't change my mind, the last chapter will be chapter 50 XD