Dead Leaves

We Meet Again

A huge huge thank you to taemoong, M_Saeron, CosmicBlue18 and GDsLurverz for subscribing!^^


 

 

Ch 31. Dead Leaves

Yeo Jin

 

I remembered the look on his face as he screamed in his sleep for the past three nights. 

 

I felt so helpless around him right now. I wanted to help him but I didn’t know how. I had no clue what he’s going through. I was scared that I might say something that might offend him, or worse shut me out even more.

 

I’ve tried reach out to him but he didn’t wanted it. Should I persist or give him some space? People did say that sometimes doing nothing is doing something. 

 

“Yeo Jin?” Nayeon called.

 

I looked at her only to realise that I’ve been lost in my thoughts for the past few minutes. I was physically in campus’ canteen with my best friends but my mind was at home with Jungkook.

 

“Sorry about that.” I said.

 

“I was just asking whether you knew where Jungkook is. I know it’s none of my business but he’s been missing for three days now.” Dahyun explained.

 

“You heard about that?” I asked.

 

“Well it’s really hard to miss. It’s all over the news. The other members also did a V Live yesterday and Jungkook was still not there. Everyone has been really concerned.” Dahyun said.

 

I’ve been a little too preoccupied finding and taking care of Jungkook that I didn’t keep up to date with the news online. Maybe if I knew what the fans thought, I could help him feel better.

 

“Are they now? Are they angry at what he did?” I asked. 

 

“Most fans are shocked by what he did. But they want to know what is really going on.”

 

I let out a sigh of relieve as fans were not furious at Jungkook. From what I observed, Jungkook seemed really scared that he would disappoint everyone else through his actions. Maybe this would comfort him.

 

“What did they say?” 

 

“Well most of it is covered up but there’s pictures of Jungkook hitting a man. There’s been some rumours going around that the man ually assaulted him. Others say that Jungkook was drunk. You know how fans are with making theories.” 

 

I stared in horror at them. On one hand, I was glad that the public didn’t know that the man was his dad. On the other hand, the theories were inaccurate and quite ridiculous. Although they were equally worst to what happened.

 

“You seem to know what happened though.” Nayeon said.

 

I thought about it a moment, wondering if I should tell them about what happened. Then, I remembered my promise to not keep secrets from them. They were my best friends. I should trust them. 

 


 

I took a deep breath and told them the whole story.

 

“That’s really messed up!” Nayeon said.

 

“No wonder he hit him.” Dahyun exclaimed.

 

“I understand why Jungkook is so sad now.” Sana said in distraught.

 

We raised an eyebrow at Sana.

 

“What? Family matters are a rather sensitive topic. I felt the same way when my parents weren’t getting along.” Sana said.

 

Sana’s parents got divorced two years ago and she was living with her dad now. She knew what Jungkook is going through right now. On top of that, she was most intuitive and emotionally in tune out of the four of us. I realised that the help that I needed was right in my backyard, only I didn’t noticed it before.

If I needed help on this, Sana was my best bet.

 

“Sana, can you talk to Jungkook about this?” I asked.

 

She smiled and nodded her head.

 

“I hope it goes well!” Nayeon wished us.

 

“See you tomorrow!” Dahyun said.

 


 

The two of us reached my house. Inside, I saw Jungkook lying down on the sofa. He was looking at the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing in the house.

 

“Hey there!” I smiled at him.

 

Jungkook sat upright as he saw the both of us.

 

“You’ve met Sana right?” I said.

 

They waved at each other.

 

Sana and I took a seat in front of Jungkook. But Jungkook remained silent.

 

Sana took a deep breath and started the conversation.

 

“Jungkook, I know it’s hard on you. My parents never got along. My mum liked to spend a lot of money because she wanted the best things for our family. She enrolled me into the best schools, bought me new books, clothes, gadgets, you name it. But my family were struggling financially and my dad thought that my mum was being unreasonable for giving me things that we could barely afford. I thought it was my fault, that I’m taking up their time and money. I’ve blamed myself for them arguing.” she shared.

 

“But I stayed quiet because I thought that I would make things worse.” she said.

 

“Yeah, I’m scared that they need to get divorced. I don’t want my family to be broken. Not because of something I’ve done.” he explained.

 

“You shouldn’t be too hard on yourself on this. You need to learn to forgive yourself because it’s not entirely your fault. Then, maybe you can talk to your parents and your hyungs about this because I’m sure they want to help you find the best solution.” I said.

 

“Yes, and believe me, your parent’s divorce isn’t the worst thing in the world. My parents are much happier now. They don’t argue when they see each other and they could channel their energy on more useful things. I could still meet my mum even though I’m living with my dad.” she said comfortingly.

 

“So I should just talk to them?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Yes, please. I don’t think hiding from your problems is the solution. You need to face the problem head on.” I said honestly.

 

He sighed and nodded.

 

“Well I guess I’ve been hiding here long enough.”

 


Author's note:

Hello everyone~ I know most of you are busy so here's a picture of Jungkook <3 Hopefully it can lighten up your day! :P