Awake

We Meet Again

Welcome TAEYEON_9294, sassibubble and purewhitelight!:) Thank you for subscribing!^^~


 

Ch 33. Awake

Jungkook

 

My shoulders were slumped as I walked out of the court.

 

My parents officially filed the divorce. This was really happening.

 

For the first time in my life, I felt so helpless in a situation. 

 

My parents were not going to be together anymore. My tower of support was crumbling but I couldn’t do anything about it. 

 

I couldn’t ask them to stay married for the sake of a title. My dad has to take care of a newborn soon. It would be unfair for my mum, my dad, his girlfriend and their child. 

 

No, that innocent child deserves a happy family even though it might be in the expense of mine. 

 

I couldn’t be selfish. After all, I am already an adult. I should be able to take care of myself from now on. 

 

This is part of my identity now and I shouldn’t be ashamed of it. I must accept the imperfections in my life and embrace them. 

 

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger right?

 

Anyway, I have other things to worry about. I haven’t talked to my hyungs or cleared my name from the public disruption I have caused.

 

I’ve been keeping them in the dark for too long and it wasn’t giving BTS any favours. 

 

The fans have been wanting to know where I was for the past few days. This was one of the most difficult parts of being an idol. My personal life was a part of their lives too. They needed an answer.

 


 

I dialled Namjoon hyung’s number. 

 

He was a reliable leader. Our leader whom I looked up to for his wisdom and advice.

 

Not only was he good in school and languages, but he was also good with people. I was positive that he was able to help me.

 

“Hyung, I want to see you.” I said.

 

Just like that, he understood and I ended the call. 

 

I paced around my house anxiously as I waited for him to come.

 

He knew the address to my house so I doubted that he would get lost.

Not with that brilliant mind of his.

 


 

There was a knock on the door and I ran to open it.

 

I only expected Namjoon hyung to come but there stood six worried faces whom I didn’t realise I’ve missed. I was greeted by the entire team. 

 

If there was one thing from my dream that was accurate, it was the tired and restless faces of my hyungs. They looked like they haven’t had a good night’s rest in ages.

 

I stood there, too embarrassed to do anything.

 

I was wrong to start a fight but I was even more wrong to run away. 

 

I tried to hold in the tears of guilt for making them worried. We were a team, I shouldn’t have left them.

 

I opened my mouth to apologise but I didn’t know where to start.

 

My hyungs stepped forward and approached me, giving me a group hug. 

 

“Don’t say a word, we’re just glad that you’re safe.”

 


 

I invited them into the house and we sat in the living room.

 

“Jungkook, you don’t need to explain yourself. Your father told us exactly what happened.” Jin hyung started.

 

“How are you coping? With the divorce and all?” Hoseok hyung said out of concern.

 

I looked at them, slightly confused.

 

“Aren’t you mad at me? I was public nuisance. Fans have been pestering BTS because of what I have done.” I shouted.

 

My hyungs shook their heads.

 

“Jungkook, you are more important. The welfare of our team is our first priority.” Namjoon hyung explained.

 

“You’re like a brother to us and brothers look out for each other even though they make crazy mistakes.” Jimin hyung said honestly.

 

“You could have come to us sooner and we could have helped you.” Yoongi hyung said reassuringly.

 

I smiled at them.

 

“Well, I must apologise to all of you and my fans for putting you all through hell the past few days.” I said.

 

They nodded.

 

“Apology accepted.” they said in unison.

 


 

Namjoon hyung cleared his throat.

 

“I wished that I didn’t need to do this, but there are consequences to what you have done.” he explained.

 

I looked down.

 

“You will need to formally apologise to the police and to your fans.” he continued.

 

I nodded my head. I was already expecting this.

 

“And… I think that you should take some time off to be with your family.” Namjoon hyung said on a happier note.

 

This seemed really too good to be true.

 

“Really? For how long?” I asked.

 

“Around a month.” he told me.

 

I raised an eyebrow.

 

“You mean I’m suspended for one month?” I asked blatantly.

 

All of my hyungs widened their eyes at me.

 

“It’s not really suspension. We just thought that it would be good for you and the fans to calm down before you can resume your normal idol activities.” Namjoon hyung explained.

 

Deep down I knew that this was part of my punishment for misbehaving. But I couldn’t argue with that. It was quite a reasonable punishment.

 

“Hey, cheer up! You’ll be back with us in no time!” Tae hyung said happily.

 

I grinned. 

 

Maybe a break was what I needed.


Author's note

I heard that BTS is having a comeback on Feb.. How do you feel about it?

Initially I thought that it was too soon since I'm not over WINGS yet..

But I heard that it was going to be the 2nd part to WINGS so I am very excited for it!^^

I do wished that they boys got a break though..