Attack of Bangtan

We Meet Again

Wowieee I have 4 new subscribers! :D Thank you sooo much fanyyy95, KayKitty4, Ducko1004 and Angel_Wingz94! <3



 

Ch 16. Attack on Bangtan

Yeo Jin - Sunday

 

I was the one throwing a surprise birthday party here. I didn’t expect to get a surprise of my own.

 

When I asked Jungkook to sing for Dahyun, I didn’t expect Park Jimin to come too. 

 

I wasn't in the right state of mind and Jungkook basically had to drag me out of the door. Seeing him up close and personal totally caught me off guard.

I couldn't believe my eyes. 

 

Meanwhile, Jungkook found it amusing how I was too speechless to say anything. At least he should have warned me that Jimin was coming so I could mentally prepare myself. 

 

“Yeo Jin, I don’t exactly know the way around here.” Jungkook said chuckling.

 

I got out of the trance I was in and tried to calm myself down.

 

Okay, he’s just another guy, Yeo Jin, you shouldn’t make him uncomfortable. I told myself.

 

“Sorry about that.” I said to them, blushing at my lack of self control.

 

“Don’t be nervous around me, just treat me like your oppa.” Jimin said to me. 

 

I swear my face turned a shade pinker, while the both of them just laughed at me. 

 


 

I led the way into the community club where we were going to hold Dahyun’s birthday party. I was glad that we were 30 minutes early, before the start of the party. 

 

Sana, Nayeon and a few of my friends were already there preparing the last minute preparations and checking that everything was in order.

 

Fortunately, things turned out fine. Nayeon and Sana got another caterer yesterday and the food was ready, neatly arranged in the middle of the room. 

 

I rushed to this place this morning to put the gifts in place and made sure everything looked nice. It was a good thing Jungkook helped me with the gifts yesterday or I wouldn’t have gotten them ready on time. I was quite proud of how the decorations turned out.

 

Maybe next time I shouldn't worry that much. Or better yet, I should start planning for events like these way ahead of time.

 


 

When I stepped into the room, I heard a few gasps and screams. 

 

“Bangtan!” I heard a few voices say in surprise, looking at Jungkook and Jimin who just entered the room.

 

I saw Nayeon and Sana froze on the spot. I might have forgotten to tell them that they were coming.

 

Their mouths were wide open and they stared at me. It was embarrassing to imagine I had the same expression on my face when I saw Park Jimin. 

 

On the other hand, Jungkook and Jimin simply waved at them, looking quite used to this situation.

 

“2,3, Bangtan. Hello we are BTS.” they said in unison, sharp as always.

 

That greeting took me by surprise although I've heard it many times.

 

Meanwhile, everyone else was too stunned to say anything.

 

Nayeon and Sana grabbed my hand and dragged me to one corner far from Jungkook and Jimin.

 

“We’ll check if the sound system is working.” Jungkook told me. 

 

I gave him a thumbs up and they went to set up their equipment. 

 


 

“Yeo Jin, how did you get Jeon Jungkook and Park Jimin from BTS here?” Nayeon asked me.

 

“Long story short, I know Jungkook so I asked him if he can sing for Dahyun. But I was equally surprised when I saw Park Jimin.” I told them.

 

“You know him? And you never told us?” Sana asked me, almost too loud. 

 

I saw Jungkook laughing from the corner of my eye.

 

“Well we haven’t exactly seen each other for a really long time.” I said.

 

“Okay, you are going to tell me every detail later.” Sana said. 

 

“Anyway, don’t you think Dahyun will be happy to see them?” I asked

 

“Yeahh!” they said in unison.

 


 

“Testing, testing.” I heard Jungkook’s voice on the mic.

 

“Yeo Jin, do you mind if we practice for a while?” Jungkook asked.

 

Nayeon and Sana squeezed my hand and screamed in excitement hearing Jungkook's voice live.

 

“Yes sure.” I giggled.

 

They poured their heart out singing the song although it was just a practice. They do always put a hundred percent in everything they do and that is why they are so good.

 

The both of them sang beautifully. I couldn’t believe that I was seeing them perform live.

 

Jimin was simply charismatic live. One of the reasons why Jimin is my bias is for his amazing stage presence.

 

Despite that, my eyes were glued to Jungkook.

 

I’ve always known that Jungkook was a good singer but I was pleasantly surprised to see him improve so much. He is really in his own element that I can't help but smile seeing him up there. 

 

I used to hear him sing so many times back before he moved to Seoul. In fact, I used to role play as the audience and the judge when he practiced for his auditions.

 

Now, something did change. I can see that he is not only singing, but it was like he was sincerely conveying the emotions with the lyrics he’s singing. I became drawn to him, almost weak to his voice. Something that I have never realised before. 

 

Then his voice sparked off a memory that seemed trivial. A street performer in a bear costume who sang a few days ago in the streets of Busan. The beautiful voice that sang to me and melted my heart. Was that him?

 


Author’s note:

 

The results for the Poster Voting are out! It was close but with 8 votes, City Sidelines will be the poster :D

For those who liked Doodles better, don't worry, it will still be shown in the Foreword ^^~

Thank you so much for participating and for everyone's support <3