Miss Right

We Meet Again

I can't believe I have 4 new subscribers! A huge thank you to euniceyeon, Asian_CookiePanda, googlemaniac and junztar for subscribing :D

And for all of you out there who have made it this far, thank you so much ^^~

Don't forget to click the subscribe button if you haven't already hehehe XD


Actually, I was in a dilemma whether I should include the instrumental or the live performance.

Both are so good but I decided to go with the instrumental as it fits the mood of the chapter better. 

However, you can check out the live performance here.


Ch 8. Miss Right

Yeo Jin - Wednesday

 

I tried to forget what happened at the restaurant.

 

I didn’t blame Minhyuk oppa for leaving me alone and despite Sun Ae’s warning, I wasn’t planning to keep my distance.

I shouldn’t be intimidated by such petty threats. After all, sticks and stones may break your bones but words should never hurt you.

 

The next day after school, I placed my books inside my locker.

 

I was alone because the girls and I had separate classes again this last period. They told me that their teacher was holding them back late, so I guess I’m will be going home alone today. 

 

Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to find Minhyuk oppa giving me a apologetic smile. 

 

“I’m sorry I had to leave early yesterday. Jonghyun thought that there was a glitch with the band instruments but turns out it was a false alarm.” he tried to explain. 

 

Remembering how Sun Ae whispered something into Jonghyun’s ear in the restaurant, was this her doing? 

Does she really despise me that much for her to lie to her friend just to ruin my chances with Minhyuk oppa?

 

On the other hand, Minhyuk oppa looked really sorry.

 

“It’s fine, really.” I said. This wasn’t his fault anyway, so of course I forgave him.

 

However, I didn’t wanted to tell him about Sun Ae and Minah sunbae. I didn't need to make him worried. 

 

“Can I make it up for you?” he asked hopefully.

 

I smiled. He was so sweet, how can I resist him?

 

“Sure, but maybe we should find a place other than that burger restaurant?” I suggested.

 

He laughed and his eyes disappeared in a crescent shape. I have always found eye smiles to be so attractive. 

 

“Actually, I was wondering if I could go over to your place.” he admitted.

 

My eyes widened.

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way. I just thought we could watch a movie together without being interrupted. I have 2 siblings and they don’t exactly know how to respect my privacy.” he said. 

 

I chuckled at his innocence. Even though he was older than me, he still had a boyish charm about him.

 

I guess I won’t be going home alone after all. I thought.

 


 

He held my hand as we walked home. I liked the feeling that his hands were much larger than mine. In a way, I felt comfortable that he was able to protect me.

 

However, I was quite nervous bringing him home. This date was a little impromptu so I didn’t exactly get a chance to tell my mum. 

 

I entered my house and Minhyuk oppa tailed behind me. I looked around to find that my mum wasn’t at home yet. After all, it was only 5pm and my mum usually goes home at 9pm. I sighed in relief.

 

“Do you want anything?” I offered.

 

“I don’t mind if you have some snacks.” he said.

 

I smiled. I took a packet of potato chips with me and walked upstairs to my room. He followed behind me.

 

I entered my room, quite pleased with myself for keeping my room tidy.

 

“What movie do you like to watch?” I asked him.

 

“I’m not picky. Surprise me.” he said. 

 


 

I chose ‘Pride and Prejudice’, something my friends highly recommended me to watch but I have never made the time to watch romance movies by myself. Personally, I prefer fantasy and adventure movies. Fantasy movies are always more exciting, but guess I should give romance movies a shot for once.

 

I set up the laptop on my bed and I sat at one end. As the movie started, Minhyuk oppa took a seat beside me and put his arm around my shoulders, closing in to the gap between us. 

 

My heart skipped a beat. I have never had a boy so close to me before.

Cautiously, I leaned back and found my head leaning on what happened to be his shoulder. He gave me a reassuring smile. 

 

We watched the movie attentively.

I didn’t fail to realise how peculiarly similar Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy’s situation was with mine and Minhyuk oppa’s. He was, like Mr. Darcy, rich and well-looked upon. Meanwhile, I was just like Elizabeth who most people did not expect to be with someone at such a high status. 

 

When the movie ended, he paused the video.

 

“Well I’m really surprised by your choice of movie. Funny, how I could relate to Mr Darcy and Elizabeth.” 

 

I chuckled. So I’m not the only one, I guess. 

 

“In what way?” I asked, wondering if he had the same opinion as I did.

 

“My parents had planned my life for me, to take over my family’s company. They told me to stick with Jonghyun, Sun Ae and Minah because they can trust their families. My father has always been scared that other people might try to take advantage of me and trick me to get the company shares.” he chuckled. 

 

I was intrigued by his opinion.

 

“So that’s why? I have always wondered why you were close to them since you seem to be much more down-to-earth than they are.” I admitted.

 

“Yes, if it were up to me, I would like to live my own life and make my own decisions, like Elizabeth.” he said.

 

It never really crossed my mind how pressurising his life was. Maybe I can relate to him in more ways than I thought. 

 

“I don’t want to continue the family business. I want to be a musician, professionally.” he continued.

 

This was the first time he shared something personal. I was touched that I was able actually getting to know him personally rather than judging him based on what other people thought about him.

 

“Perhaps you should talk to your parents about it, I'm sure that they will understand.” I tried comforting him.

 

“Yeah, perhaps…”  he said looking down.

 

We sat there in silence for a moment.

 


 

“Another thing I can relate to Mr Darcy is I have trouble expressing how I feel.”  he said, breaking the silence.

 

I looked at him, wondering where this conversation was going.

 

“Not many people would have volunteered for the Music Festival since it was a lot of work, especially freshmen. You really have a good heart, Yeo Jin. That is something I have admired about you.” he said shyly

 

I blushed at his complement. I didn’t know what to say. 

 

Before I knew it, I felt his hands cupped around my face. I looked at him too stunned to move. 

He tilted his head and brought our faces closer together. 

 

I closed my eyes, as I awaited his lips to touch mine. His lips were soft and gently grazed mine. A few seconds seemed so long and my heart was beat rapidly. It was short but sweet. I looked down and blushed at the thought of my first kiss.

 

Little did I knew that someone was watching from afar.

 


Author’s note:

 

I had to watch Pride and Prejudice again to make sure I got the references correct but it was worth the watch hehehe :P

 

Are you guys on Team Minhyuk or Team Jungkook?

Comment down below!

 

And for all the YeoJung shippers out there (credits to YoonHanNisa for coming up with this awesome name^^),

Please don't hate me for this chapter XD