Second Grade

We Meet Again

Thank you soo much sandraino for subscribing and bigbangtanboys for the upvote! <3


 

Ch 14. Second Grade

Yeo Jin - Saturday

 

I opened my phone and I realised I was added to a group named ‘Operation Hush Hush’. 

Curious to see what it was about, I checked out the chat.

 

“Let’s throw a surprise birthday party for Dahyun!" Nayeon sent.

 

Dahyun's birthday was tomorrow and with exams last week, we didn't really had time to prepare for it. 

 

“I’m in!” I replied to the group.

 

Dahyun loved parties, or more like she was the life of the party. 

 

“What should we do for her?” Sana typed.

 

“We can invite a few friends she is close to.” Nayeon replied.

 

That's good, I thought. With such little time, we shouldn't be overly ambitious. I doubt we could manage organising a huge birthday party.

 

“I can prepare the decorations.” I offered.

 

We needed to get started as soon as possible so this can be ready by tomorrow.

 

“I can make the cake and prepare the food.” Sana said.

 

“I asked her parents and they said they can book a room in the community club for us to use. Dahyun will be out with her parents today so we can go there to prepare everything.” Nayeon told us.

 

This seems promising. Sana is a very talented baker and Nayeon can definitely manage the guest list. We can probably get everything done in time.

 

“Ok, see you all in a few minutes.” I quickly texted them.

 


 

I stopped by in an arts and craft store to buy all the party decorations. Then I rushed to the community club to meet Nayeon and Sana.

 

“I’ve managed to call most of our friends and ten of them said they will be coming. Some are willing to help us out now and are on the way.” Nayeon said.

 

I sighed in relief. The room was bigger than I expected. I needed all the help I could get with the decorations. 

 

We decorated the entire room with banners, balloons and ribbons until it looked really nice. By 8p.m., our friends left, leaving only Nayeon, Sana and I in the room. 

 

After admiring our hard work, I widened my eyes remembering something. 

 

"We forgot to buy a present for Dahyun." I exclaimed.

 

Nayeon facepalmed. All of us were so busy just now that we completely forgot to get her something.

 

“Is everything else done?” Nayeon asked.

 

“Wait a sec." Sana said as her phone rang. 

 

"What?! Ooh, ok.. Alright, I understand." Sana said on her phone. She looked really panicked as she hung up. 

 

 

"The food caterer just cancelled on me. I need to find a new one ASAP.”  Sana said worriedly.

 

And when things couldn't possibly go worse, it definitely did.

 

 

 

“Ooh no... Ok, I’ll try to make some phone calls to help you find a new caterer.” Nayeon told Sana.

 

“Would you be able to prepare all of the gifts on your own? Sana asked me.

 

“I’ll manage somehow.” I told them. 

 


 

I arrived at home tired from all the preparation for Dahyun’s birthday. 

 

I went straight to my room and placed the threw the plastic bags filled with Dahyun's birthday presents, wrapping paper and coloured card.

I sighed, looking at my watch. It was already 10pm. Great, I still had three presents to wrap and a card to make.

 

From the corner of my eye, I saw someone was furiously waving at me from outside my room. I realised that it was none other than Jungkook.

He opened his window. 

 

“Need any help with that?” he offered, clearly realising that I have a lot of things to prepare. 

 

I nodded in desperation. “That would be awesome.” 

 

He chuckled. A few minutes later, I heard our knock on the door and opened the door for him.

 

Jungkook had a cute boyish grin. I never realised that he looked so adorable with that bunny smile.

 

“You’re a life-saver, Kook.” I told him.

 

“Who is this for?” he asked , entering my room. 

 

“A friend of mine, Dahyun. It’s her birthday tomorrow.” I told him.

 

“Why don’t you ask your boyfriend with this?” he asked innocently. 

 

I felt like an arrow pierced my heart a bit. It was weird that he called Minhyuk oppa my 'boyfriend'. Clearly, he hasn’t heard the news. I don’t blame him though.

 

“Things didn’t work out between us.” I said.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that.” he said. 

 

“It’s okay, we weren’t that close anyway.” I said.

 


 

We started wrapping the presents in awkward silence. 

 

 “Kook, can I ask you a favour?” I asked him, trying to start a conversation. 

 

He looked up and nodded.

 

“Yes sure!” he said enthusiastically.

 

“Dahyun is a really big fan of yours. So I was wondering if you mind singing for her birthday tomorrow.” I ask hopefully.

 

“Yes, I would love to.” he said flashing a bunny smile.

 

“You don’t mind?” I asked questioning whether I’d heard correctly.

 

“Why not? Anything for you.” he said. 

 

He looked down, avoiding eye-contact, looking a bit embarrassed that he actually said that out loud.

 

I blushed. Wow, that was easy. I thought.

 

“Thank you, Kook. Thank you for everything.” I said. 

 

Words couldn't convey the amount of gratitude I felt to have him in my life.

 


Author’s note:

 

I managed to figure out how to upload my own pictures into the Poster Voting chapter XD

Do check it out! Especially those who couldn't view the video and vote if you haven't already :D I think it should be much easier to see now ^^

 

For those who couldn't see the different fonts for this story, try clicking the "Disable Readibility" button. That should do the trick :)

 

I'm going to do some formatting changes so don't mind me hehehe~