Love is Not Over

We Meet Again

I don't know how you found my story but I'm reallyyy happy you did!

Thank you to my new subscribers mariajang1, YooriNNie and APinkSonNaEun20! :D


 

Ch 17. Love is Not Over

Jungkook

 

“She’s coming!” a voice said.

 

Jimin hyung nudged me and we rushed off stage. Yeo Jin ushered the both of us outside through the back door.

 

“Can you guys stay here for 5 minutes? Nayeon will announce your cue to perform.” Yeo Jin told us.

 

The both of us nodded as Yeo Jin went back into the room.

 

I peeked through the glass window to see Yeo Jin give a big hug to another girl, who is likely to be the birthday girl, Dahyun.

 

She had light auburn hair, really pale skin like Yoongi hyung and had a really pretty smile.

However by her first impression, she reminded me of Hoseok hyung. She looked like one of those people that has a positive aura around her and can brighten up the atmosphere.

 

For once, I feel normal attending a birthday party out in public. These past few years, the only parties I have ever celebrated were for my hyungs, the staff and BTS anniversaries.

 

Jimin hyung was also looking around, feeling a little foreign to the entire situation.

 

“It’s funny, I feel like the ‘clown’ in a birthday party.” Jimin hyung said jokingly.

 

I laughed imagining Jimin hyung and myself in a clown costume. Surprisingly, I did not mind that.

 

“Maybe we are. I mean, that’s what entertainers do.” I told him. 

 


 

“A very happy birthday to our dear friend, Dahyun.” a girl said, probably Yeo Jin's friend, Nayeon. 

 

I straighten my jacket and made sure my hair was okay. This was going to be my first time performing to ARMYs without our makeup and wardobe staff with us. I took a deep breath, anticipating to go up stage any moment now.

 

“We have very special guests today. Please welcome Jimin and Jungkook from BTS.” Nayeon said on the mic.

 

That’s our cue.

 

We stepped on stage and I heard the crowd go wild. Although there was only a small crowd with around 15 people, their screams were as loud as ever. 

Both Jimin hyung and I were happy to hear such positive response from the audience. 

 

Dahyun, the birthday girl seemed to be in shock. was wide open before she covered . 

 

“No way!” she exclaimed looking around, probably wondering if she is only hallucinating. 

 

I waved at her and gave her a wide smile.

 

“Dahyun-ssi, Happy birthday.” I said to the mic.

 

She let out an excited squeal.

 

I loved seeing fans happy to see us. It gives me the strength to put in my everything for my performance.

 

“Dahyun, this song is for you.” Jimin hyung continued.

 

The music and we sang ‘I Know’, a song Namjoon hyung wrote for BTS' third year anniversary.

 

The audience went quiet and waved their hands in the air as we sang this lovely song.

 

Despite the lack of practice, Jimin hyung and I managed to pull through. I saw Jimin hyung smile and looked satisfied as well.

 

The both of us laughed after the nerve wracking experience of singing purely live.

 

Now, there’s only the dance part left. 

 

“We danced this for my coming of age ceremony. Considering it’s your birthday today, Dahyun, we wanted to dance to this again.” I explained.

 

The both of us were confident in this performance. The two of us practiced this routine so much that it was hard to forget. Park Jiyoon’s song and we danced to the rhythm.

 

The performance went amazingly. The audience seemed really pleased with the performance.

 

We went off stage and Jimin hyung and I pulled Dahyun to a hug. She stoned at her spot and I chuckled in delight since she was an ARMY. 

 


 

I was glad that I wasn't a lost sheep after the performance. Usually, I get quite shy around strangers and was scared I wouldn't know what to do.

 

Fortunately, Yeo Jin introduced me to her friends, some from her high school, others from Busan College.

Most of them knew BTS so it was surprisingly easy to talk to them. It turned out to be like a fan meeting so I was much more at ease and managed to enjoy the party.

 

It was a hectic day.

 

Jimin hyung and I stayed after most of the guest left to help clean up the room.

 

Time really does fly when you're having fun. It was already 6pm by the time so we had to leave as Jimin hyung had to go back home.

 

“Thank you for your hard work!” we exchanged our greetings as we left. 

 

I looked at Yeo Jin and her friends who were nearly finished cleaning up.

 

Actually, I wanted to stay a little longer because there was something I needed to tell Yeo Jin. 

 


 

I accompanied Jimin hyung to the bus stop and said goodbye as he boarded the bus to his house.

 

I looked back at the community club and thought whether I should just wait for Yeo Jin. It was already getting late anyway so its better if I accompanied her home. Our house are just right next to each other anyway. 

 

There were a few people passing by so I decided to use my face mask.

 

After a while, I saw four girls walking out from the community club together. They were all talking about something excitedly. That must be them.

 

I waved at them. 

 

The three other girls stopped dead on their tracks while Yeo Jin walked closer to me.

 

“Jungkook? What are you still doing here?” I heard Yeo Jin ask me.

 

“Can we talk?” I whispered to her. 

 

She tilted her head in curiosity. 

 

“Sure.” she said. 

 

“We’ll see you tomorrow.” her friends said to her.

 

We waved back and started giggling.

 


 

The streets were already dark. It was quite nice, like we had the entire street to ourselves.

 

“You were really amazing out there.” she told me.

 

“Thanks.” I muttered.

 

I didn’t know how I was going to tell her this. 

 

Impulsively, I slipped my fingers in her hand, holding it tightly.

 

She seemed quite confused by my sudden skin ship. I looked her in the eye, unsure how I am supposed to put this in words. I took a deep breath and decided to tell her. 

 

“Yeo Jin, I’m leaving tomorrow.” 

 

Telling her that I needed to leave for the second time didn’t get any easier. In fact, it was more painful this time considering I knew that the last time I left, I didn’t get the chance to meet her in five years.

 

But now, I’m not going to repeat the same mistakes I made last time. I wasn’t going to be the coward I was that told her through a note. Most importantly, I’m not going to let her slip away from me again. 

 

She squeezed my hand.

 

“Right, I heard that you were going to only here for a week.” she said.

 

“I wished you could come with me.” I said honestly.

 

“Yes me too.” she said quietly.

 

My body felt a little tingly and happy on the inside at her response.

But I knew we couldn’t be together, at least not now.

 


 

Author’s note:

 

Yeo Jung moments ^^~

 

How do you feel about Jungkook leaving?

 

^ Coming of age ceremony, just in case you wanted to see it! :D