Propose

We Meet Again

Welcome Shuacze, gita900324, mrstaehyungcool and SGyuGirl ^^ 

Thank you soo much for being interested in the story! :D

Btw, I wanted to ask are the fonts for Yeo Jin's PoV and Jungkook's PoV are different or the same when you read it? 

They're supposed to be different, but I'm not sure if I got the code right or not XD


 

 

Ch 6. Propose

Yeo Jin 

 

Finally, my exams are over! I skipped down the hall like a child as I was heading to my favourite cafe in campus to meet Minhyuk oppa. 

 

“I’m telling you it’s possible. He lives in Busan too.” I heard the all-too-familiar voice of Dahyun from a distance. 

 

I looked around to find my best friends walking towards me. Although the four of us had similar modules, we had different exam schedules. During this last period, I was the only one having an exam on Material Sciences while they had Foundations to Structure.

 

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked them curiously.

 

“There are rumours in the ARMY Twitter page that BTS is taking a break and returning to their hometowns.” Nayeon said, showing me a few pictures of the members.

 

V was sighted in the cinemas with his parents. Suga was in a hardware store, using a mask that would have helped conceal his identity if not for his obvious pale skin. Meanwhile, Jungkook was in a supermarket I recognised near our house. 

 

Wow news spread fast here. I thought to myself.

 

“So Dahyun here is going on about how we should try and find where Jungkook lives.” Sana continued.

 

I sighed. I have never told my friends that Jungkook lived in the house beside mine, nor the fact that I was once close to him when I was young.

Actually, I would have liked to keep it that way considering the huge possibility that Dahyun would invade his house if she knew.

Although Jungkook and I may not so close anymore, I did still respect his privacy. 

 

“Dahyun, you do know that Busan is a big city right?” I tried talking sense to her.

 

This was true. Afterall, Busan is the second largest city in Korea after Seoul. Her chances of locating where a person lives were very slim.

 

“Yes… But if we worked together, we could always ask around and pinpoint the area. Come on Yeo Jin, if you help me, we can find where Jimin lives too.” she said out of desperation.

 

I bit my lip. This was really tempting. I really did want to see Park Jimin. It was really so difficult for us to get tickets to a BTS concert or attend a fan meeting with their growing popularity. At the end, the four of us resorted to show our support for them by voting for them online, listening their music on loop and buying their albums.

 

Dahyun was pouting the rest of the day. She was probably one of Jungkook’s biggest fans and desperately wanted to meet him. But no, I shouldn’t tell her yet. At least I should ask Jungkook first if he mind meeting my friends.

 


As we entered the cafe, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around to see Minhyuk-oppa.

 

“Hey, so Western or Korean food?” he asked me.

 

It took me a few seconds to understand what he was talking about. Finally, I remembered that he asked me what type of food I liked. I was a bit distracted by Jungkook being back last night that I forgot to reply Minhyuk oppa’s text. 

 

“Western.” I replied.

 

Minhyuk smiled. “Let’s go!” he said, offering his hand.

 

I stared at the girls wondering what to do. They gave me a thumbs up and told me to go with him. 

 

Nervously, I took his hand and went off on what was possibly going to be my first date.

 


He held my hand and led the way to a crowded Western Restaurant in near school. 

 

“I’ve heard they make the best burgers in town.” he said.

 

Actually, I recognised the place. I loved the burgers they served here. Jungkook and I used to come here quite often when we were young. It was one of our favourite hang out place. I found it strange to be back here again with another person. 

 

He helped me to my seat and I sat down in a table for two. I was delighted that Minhyuk oppa had good manners. 

 

“Choose anything you like.” he told me.

 

The waiter came and I was about to order my favourite cheeseburger.

 

To my surprised, I recognised the waiter. It was Kim Sun Ae, one of the most popular girls in school. She also happened to be from the same year as Minhyuk oppa. 

 

“Sun Ae?” Minhyuk said, clearly also surprised. 

 

She stared at Minhyuk oppa for a moment and then she beamed a smile at him. Then she saw me and looked at me with disgust. 

 

Ok, I guess she doesn’t like me that much. I thought. Did she like Minhyuk oppa? I wondered.

 

“What can I get you?” she said, trying to sound professional.

 

She took our orders and returned to the counter.

 

I tried to shake her rude behaviour off my mind but I couldn’t help but notice that she was glaring at me. Of course, Minhyuk oppa didn’t see that, his back was backing the counter.

 

A guy and a girl came out of the kitchen. I recognised the guy to be Lee Jonghyun, one of Minhyuk oppa’s bandmates and the other girl was Park Minah, Sun Ae sunbae’s best friend . How many people from our school works here? I thought. Mentally reminding myself that I shouldn’t come here in the future. Sun Ae sunbae whispered something to the both of them and looked at me. I diverted my gaze back to Minhyuk oppa who smiled at me. 

 

“Hey, what are you looking at?” Minhyuk oppa asked curiously.

 

A few seconds later, Jonghyun sunbae approached our table. 

 

“Hey man, something went up with the band. We need you to come right now.” he said.

 

Minhyuk oppa didn’t look too pleased at his friend who was interrupting our date. 

 

“Sorry man, can you solve it without me? I’m a bit busy here.” Minhyuk oppa pleaded. 

 

I was quite touched by how he cared about our date and was trying to spend time with me. 

 

“It’s urgent. Yonghwa hyung sounded quite serious on the phone just now.” he said.

 

I saw the dilemma in Minhyuk’s face. He was concerned with what was going on but I knew that he didn’t wanted to leave and ruin our first 'date'. 

 

“Its okay, oppa, I understand. Just go.” I said. 

 

Minhyuk oppa paid for our meal that did not even make it our table. So much for having dinner together.

He looked at me apologetically as he went off with Jonghyun sunbae. 

 


As soon as Minhyuk oppa left, Sun Ae and Minah sunbae approached me and brought me to the restaurant’s kitchen.

 

“Are you sure I am allowed to come in here?” I asked, a bit confused why they were bringing me there.

 

Both of them turned around and gave me a really annoyed face.

 

“Listen, I don’t want you anywhere near Minhyuk.” Sun Ae told me in a unmistakably angry tone.

 

I was quite annoyed but I tried to keep calm. Maybe there was a good reason behind this?

 

“Why not?” I asked her, controlling my voice so that I still sounded polite. She was still my senior after all.

 

“You are not one of us and you will never belong with us. Do you think his parents and all of his friends will accept you?” she asked me while scoffing.

 

I was quite speechless. I never thought I would find myself in this kind of situation.

 

I knew that Minhyuk’s family was well off and had a well known electronic company in Korea. His friends like Jonghyun and Sun Ae sunbae too had parents that were his father's business partners. But I didn’t know they were exclusive and there were such people that didn’t want to accept anyone outside their social circle. Did people like this actually exist in real life? 

 

“Here’s your meal, enjoy.” Minah sunbae said.

 

Before I could react, a cheeseburger was squashed on my face. Tomato sauce, lettuce and cheese was all over my face and hair. I mentally scolded myself for being so helpless as both of them left the restaurant. Why couldn't I stand up for myself? I thought.

 

Restaurant employees of the next shift entered the kitchen and was surprised to see me there even though I wasn’t a staff.

Embarrassed, I took a few napkins to wipe my face.

 

I need to get out of here.

 


Author’s note:

 

One of the reasons I wrote this chapter was because, as horrible this is, bullying is still prevalent in many societies.

A few months ago I was talking to my friends and we shared our experiences when we were young. 

They told me that they were bullied in school and because of that, they found it 'okay' to bully other people :( 

I had my own fair share of bullies when I was younger so I really don't wish this to happen to anyone else. I just hope people would channel their emotions in another form (like a sport?) but not on other people.

And for those who are bullied, don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself! :)