Lost

We Meet Again

Thank youuu CrystabelMyungsoo and Jazanaia_Exo_Fan123 for subscribing! 

And a huge shoutout to euniceyeon for upvoting this story :)


 

Ch 10. Lost

Yeo Jin - Thursday

 

I felt that there was a change in atmosphere around school. As I walked down the corridor with my friends, some people glared at us.

Actually, they glared at me specifically.

 

“What’s their problem?” asked Sana.

 

The three of us shook our heads. 

 

I haven’t told them about what happened yesterday night, about the kiss. 

 

To be honest, I didn’t know how to respond to that. Minhyuk was a nice guy but I think we are going a bit too fast.

We barely know each other in the first place so I don’t think there’s any point rushing into things.

 

Wait, that shouldn’t be the reason why people are staring at me weirdly right? I mean, news doesn’t travel that fast.

Even I haven’t told my best friends yet.

 


 

“So how was your second date with Minhyuk-oppa?” Sana asked, almost reading my mind.

 

“Quite good. He's a really good person.” I simply put it.

 

“So he isn't a rich, arrogant snob like the rest of his friends?” Nayeon said bluntly.

 

“Hey, don’t judge a book by its cover! Rich, I can't deny that. But arrogant snob? No, I think he's quite sweet and believe it or not, very human facing difficulties like us.” I said.

 

The three of them let out a sigh of relief.

 

“I knew he was different from the rest of them. Yeo Jin, I’m so happy for you!” Dahyun said gleefully.

 

Minhyuk oppa was popular in school not only for being in a band, but also for his very carefree and easy going behaviour.

Amongst his friends, he was the one who most didn’t mind talking and helping other people outside his social circle.

Actually, because of that, I found it hard to believe that he has been carrying all of the problems he has on his shoulders without sharing it to anyone. 

 

“He's a really nice guy. But for the record, we aren’t together.” I told them.

 

This was true, he has not confessed to me or anything.

 

“So he didn’t show any interest in you? Just hanging out like friends?” Sana asked.

 

I thought for a moment, figuring out how I should answer that question.

 

“Mmm.. You're hiding something from us. I can tell that, Yeo Jin.” Nayeon said.

 

I sometimes hated it that they know me all too well. Although I am a rather reserved person, my friends can read me like an open book. 

 

After all, we’ve known each other since high school and have been close ever since.

 

In fact, I met them a year after Jungkook left Busan.  

My last year of secondary school was a lonely year without him. Although we weren't from the same school, he was the closest person I had.

 

It wasn't because I didn't have friends in school. I could generally get along well with everyone. But I found those friendships to be rather superficial, merely gossiping about other people or talking about the latest trends.

Other people may have enjoyed talking about it, but maybe I think differently from other people? 

 

I cherished my friendship with Jungkook because I could rely on him for more than simple conversations.

I could depend on him in whatever situation, whether it was good or bad.

 

He has seen me at my worst and so have I for him. 

Despite all of this, we have managed to stick alongside each other and accept one another.

 

That was what I called a true friend.

 


  

When he left, I felt a little lost. I could no longer look forward to see him after a long day of school.

 

There was definitely a void he left that was difficult to fill. And when he stopped contacting me, after a while, I felt a little betrayed. 

 

Over time, I began to realise that I couldn't keep waiting for him to come back. It was his dream to be a performer after all. I couldn't be selfish and wish for him to come back. I should let him live his dream and maybe move on. 

 

I learnt that it was difficult to change other people. You could only change yourself, even if it means compromising your beliefs.

 

I began to realise that those conversations that I once thought was superficial was actually a foundation to forge good friendships.

 

People do become closer with each other from having similar interests and that is how I became close with these three girls. 

Although they mostly talk about BTS or gossip about other people, I grew to accept the reality. 

Maybe it’s not such a bad thing to talk about these things once in a while.

 

For what it is worth, now I have really amazing friends like them. 

 


 

“We might have kissed.” I admitted.

 

The three of them gasped and let out a high pitch scream.

 

“But it was really short and he didn’t actually confess to me, so really don’t jump into conclusions just yet.” I begged them.

 

“Okay, Yeo Jin, we trust you but let us know if you need help with anything.” Nayeon offered.

 


 

I waved goodbye to them as we reached the gate outside school and parted our own ways to go home. 

 

I walked toward the direction of my house when I heard footsteps behind me.

 

“Didn’t I warn you to stay away from Minhyuk?” I heard a voice from a distance.

 

I knew that voice and wished it wasn’t true. How did she follow me out here?

 

I turned around to see Kim Sun Ae and her clique consisting of four girls, including her bestie Park Minah.

 

I tried to ignore her and continued walking. 

 

“Don’t think you can get away this time.” she said.

 

My heart was racing. I couldn’t help but feel terrified being alone. It was five against one. I had no chance. 

 

They approached me like a hungry pack of hyenas. I tried to run away and fight back but it was useless. I took a blow in the stomach and right underneath my right eye. Slowly, I began to lose consciousness and I out.

 


 

They left me there, my body beaten up, patched with bruises and scar marks. Every inch of my body was in pain.

Once again I was so powerless against them.

 

Tears streamed down my cheeks and my vision blurred as I urged every will of my body to rush back home. I laid down on my bed, crying uncontrollably.

 

Why did this have to happen? I thought.

 

It seemed like hours since I locked myself into my room when I heard a knock on the door. 

 


 

Author’s note:

 

This chapter was really difficult to write, honestly :(

 

I don’t like to write rather sad or depressing stories but I’m really trying to challenge myself!^^