FIRE

We Meet Again

I'm so sorry to keep you hanging~ I've been a little busy and tired :(

But don't worry, I'm not abandoning the story :D 

Thank you sooo much for being faithful and patient! <3 *virtual hugs to all of you*

A warm welcome to anneke329, Ivyttt and Ninjachick, thank you for subscribing!^^


 

 

Ch 40. FIRE

Jungkook

 

“Jungkook, smile at the camera.” the director of the photoshoot said.

 

“What?” I asked a little disoriented, trying to find the camera.

 

I tried to force a smile but it was so difficult.

 

I made Yeo Jin wait for hours in that coffee house and I couldn’t meet her.

She came all the way to Seoul for nothing.

 

But I couldn’t escape from this photoshoot.

These were really important sponsors who came all the way from America.

 

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It struck twelve.

 

I promised her that I would talk to her on FaceTime every day at midnight. I didn’t wanted to let my job get between our relationship. Yet, I’m still stuck here and it seemed like it wasn’t going to end any time soon.

 

I frowned. I didn’t know that this day could get any worse.

 

The director looked at me in frustration.

 

“Everybody, let’s take five.” he said.

 

I wanted to run to the other room to get my phone. I should tell her that I will be late.

 

“Jungkook, can I speak to you?” the director called.

 

I stopped dead on my heels and unwillingly walked towards the director.

 

“What’s up? You’re really unfocused today.” Director-nim asked.

 

“It’s just a little late.” I said cautiously.

 

I didn’t want to tell him that I was unfocused because I wanted to call my girlfriend. It would sound unprofessional.

 

“I know that you’re tired but so is everyone else. The sooner we get this shot, the sooner we all can go home.” he explained.

 

He patted my back and I let out a weak smile.

 

“Sorry, it won’t happen again.” I promised.

 


 

“Jungkookie, I just talked to Yeo Jin on the phone.” Yoongi hyung told me.

 

My eyes lit up in anticipation.

 

“I told her that we’re still at our photoshoot and she said she’ll wait until you’re done. But you better talk to her soon. She sounded quite sad.” Yoongi hyung said honestly.

 

I looked down guiltily. I made her sad.

 

"I stood her up, Hyung." I explained.

 

“You can make up for it, Maknae. Cheer up!” Jimin hyung tried affirming me.

 

Jimin hyung did some silly poses and busted out some funny dance moves.

 

I couldn’t help but laugh in amusement.

 

“There you go!” Jimin hyung shouted gleefully.

 

“Okay, everyone, back to your positions.” the Director shouted.

 

I took a deep breath and tried to focus.

 

I imagined Jimin doing his funny dance moves beside Director-nim. I carried on distracting myself and it seemed to work. The director looked a lot happier at my facial expression.

 

“That’s a wrap everyone.” Director-nim announced.

 

“Thank you for your hard work!” we exclaimed in unison.

 

We thanked and bowed at the staff and sponsors as we packed our bags and entered the van to go back to our dorm.

 


 

I was sitting on the back seat of the car along with my hyungs. Most of them were fast asleep out of exhaustion.

 

I didn’t bother waiting until we reached the dorm to call Yeo Jin. I pressed the call button.

 

Yeo Jin hid her face behind a pillow.

 

“Hey, I really want to see your face. I miss you.” I said.

 

She moved her pillow hesitantly and looked at me.

 

Her eyes looked red and a little puffy. My heart dropped. I made her cry.

 

“I’m officially the worst boyfriend ever. I’m so sorry.” I said as sincerely as I could.

 

I didn’t want to hurt her. I didn’t like seeing her cry.

 

She looked down.

 

“I knew you were busy. I was silly to think I could just come to Seoul and visit you.” she whispered.

 

Her voice was a little shaky. I knew that she was upset.

 

“I really want to make up to you.” I promised.

 

She listened attentively.

 

“I remembered that you told me you wanted to go to one of my concerts.” I recalled.

 

“Tickets run out in seconds, Jungkook!” she said.

 

“Well it’s a good thing I can get you tickets before anyone else does.” I told her.

 

She looked down and blushed.

 

It was a brilliant idea.

 

“I’m having a comeback concert next month. Maybe you can come and we can catch up.” I suggested.

 

She remained silent.

 

“Aren’t you happy?” I asked her excitedly.

 

“Jungkook, I have my exams then.” she confessed.

 

My smile disappeared.

 

I felt bad that I didn’t remember that she’s going to have her exams by then.

 

Why is it that something always had to get in the way between us?

 


 

“It’s okay. Maybe next time?” I said hopefully.

 

She frowned.

 

“Jungkook, I’ve been thinking about this lately and things are really not working out right now.” she explained.

 

I didn’t like where this conversation was going.

 

“If this is because of today…” I brought up.

 

“You mean yesterday? Jungkook, it’s 3am now and we’ve only been able to talk past midnight.” she argued.

 

“I know you’re busy and tired and so am I. I just want to know if you think this is all worth it.” she asked.

 

“I’m really sorry that I haven’t really been there for you but I really want this to work out.” I told her.

 

She sighed.

 

“I love you but I wonder if our relationship is really the best thing for us now. I know that you’re exhausted every time you call me even though you try to hide it.”

 

“You know that I’m willing to make that sacrifice. You’re not doubting me, are you?” I asked.

 

“Look around you, your hyungs look knocked out cold. Your job is physically demanding. I don’t want you to overexert yourself just because of me. I must say that it is difficult for me to keep this up too.” she ranted.

 

I didn’t wanted to admit it, but she was right. This wasn’t healthy for either of us.

 

“Can we settle this tomorrow? I think we are both tired right now.” I suggested.

 

She sighed and nodded.

 

I ended the call relucantly.

 

Clearly our fatigue was making us very emotional.

 

We weren't the type to fight over this. The both of us knew that it was going to tough but we knew what we signed up for. 

 

I mean, we are not going to break up. Right?

 

Author's note:

I've been gone too long, even the text editor has changed :O

Anyway, do you think YeoJung should break up?