Begin

We Meet Again

Welcome btsejin97_ and thank you for subscribing!^^

Thank you to all my subscribers, you all really give me the motivation to continue :D


Ch 3.  Begin

Jungkook

 

She smiled at me and closed her window, mouthing good night. Her lights went out soon after that.

 

I continued to stare at her window, remembering the good times we had when we were young. I remembered that there was once a string and a small bucket that connected her window to my window.

 

We would send each other notes and pictures of the things we draw. The both of us loved to draw so we really got along as we shared the same hobby. Those good old times. I thought.

 

But it also held a painful memory when I told her I was leaving.

 


 

I paced myself around my room, unsure what to do. I looked out of the window and saw her busy doing her homework. She saw me stealing a glance at her and she smiled and waved to me.

 

I faked a smile and waved back. I didn’t have the courage to tell her in the face that I was leaving. It was too painful.

 

I decided to write a note about it.

 

Dear Yeo Jin,

Do you remember the time I auditioned for Superstar K? A few agencies contacted me and offered me to join their company. I will start my training next Monday but it's in Seoul, so I will be moving there for a while.

You have been a really good friend to me so I could not bear telling you this in front of your face. I wished that I didn't need to leave. Anyway, I hope that we can still talk to each other and be good friends. 

Jungkook

 

I folded the paper in two and put it in the bucket and signalled her to pull the string. She opened the window and opened my note. 

 

I held my breath as I saw her expression change from looking happy to looking puzzled.

Even I didn't know what to feel about leaving Busan.. Or leaving her... 

 

She put the letter back in the bucket and I quickly pulled the string to read her reply.

 

Jungkook, I'm really happy for you!

I think you are very talented and I’m glad other people recognise that.

I will be here rooting for you so always follow your dream. 

I will miss you though. Contact me often. 

 

I looked up into her eyes as she gave me a thumbs up and a reassuring smile.

 

But I know that look. I made her upset.

She had a habit of holding in her feelings. I know her all too well. 

 

I promised myself I would try my best to come back and talk to her often.

 


 

The first few weeks in Seoul was bearable. The company I joined, Big Hit Entertainment, treated me well.

 

I could occasionally use my phone during break time so we would sometimes text each other.

 

I told her about the struggles I was facing. There were very few people who were my age so it was difficult to make new friends. I missed her.

 

Our friendship went well until the company thought I was ready to debut.

 

The past five years have been the busiest time of my life. Countless hours of dance practices, vocal lessons and catching up on school work.

 

It did not help that I lost my phone. It became impossible to contact her. 

 

After I debuted under BTS, my schedule was crazy. When I wasn’t practicing with my hyungs, we would be doing live performances, participate in talk shows or radio broadcasts.

For most of the time, the only amount of sleep we had was on the passenger seat on the car or on the makeup chair. 

 

I felt guilty for failing to uphold my promise. But I had hoped she would find a way to contact me again when we stopped talking to each other. I would scroll down our Twitter feed to see if someone with her name retweeted us. In every fan-meeting, I would look around to see if she was there. I hoped that I’ll meet her again, but it took longer than I expected.

 


 

I was glad to be back in my house in Busan. It has been a really long time. Everything was smaller than what I remembered. Perhaps it was because I’ve grown bigger. 

 

Yeo Jin didn’t really changed much. She still had her long black hair tied up in the same high ponytail and that amazing smile that would light up a room. The only difference was that she looked more mature than I remembered. She's definitely not a little girl anymore.

 

I was glad that she looked happy like any other teenage girl giggling to herself, texting on her phone. I secretly wished that she watched BTS’ performances and Bangtan Bombs. But, she seemed to have moved on and made new friends.

 

After all, five years is a long time. I couldn’t expect her to wait for me to come back.

 

Then, I frowned at the thought that maybe she had a boyfriend. I didn’t like the possibility that she shared something special with another guy.

 

But then, who could blame her? I was the one who left.


 

Author’s note:

First chapter with Jungkook's point of view :) I used a different type of font based on what I think Yeo Jin and Jungkook’s handwriting would be like. 

If you can't view the different fonts, you can try clicking the "Disable Readability" button and that should do the trick :D

 

I don’t know how these boys have so much energy to practice so much and still look so happy in their Bangtan bombs XD

Their happiness is so addictive! they seem like they really enjoy their work.^^

I really love the video of them dancing to “It’s Tricky” by DMC <3

Yes, it’s a classic:) 

 

 

What’s your favourite Bangtan bomb?