Blood, Sweat and Tears

We Meet Again

 

Ch.1 Blood, Sweat and Tears

Yeo Jin - Monday

 

Omo.. Have you watched the latest BTS music video ‘Blood, Sweat and Tears’?” I heard Sana ask my friends, Dahyun and Nayeon.

 

I placed my food tray on the canteen table and took a seat beside Sana. I knew this was coming. The long awaited comeback of BTS has been a hot topic for a few weeks now. I couldn’t help but smile when I hear about BTS. 

 

“Yes, they look so handsome. Especially Jungkook… He looks more mature and ier now that he’s of age.” Dahyun said, unable to control her inner fangirl.

 

I looked down on my food. I’ve never gotten use to seeing girls fan-girl over Jungkook. I knew Jungkook as a child. Having grown up together, I cringed whenever people talk about him in that way. Little did I know that the shy boy next door was going to be a famous idol. 

 

“Yeo Jin, have you seen their music video?” Nayeon asked me, pulling me out of my thought.

 

“Not yet, I was planning to watch it tomorrow, when our exams are finally over.” I said.

 

I was proud that I somehow managed to resist the urge of watching BTS' comeback video during the exam period. I promised myself that I would focus on my studies. Tomorrow is going to be our last paper and then I could finally devote myself back to being an ARMY and putting their music video on loop.

 

“Come on Yeo Jin, Jimin looks really fine here. He totally wrecked my bias list.” Sana said, trying to make use of my weakness.

 

Yes, my bias is Jimin. I love how cute yet charming he is. His eye-smile. His super kind and sweet personality. Not forgetting how incredibly charismatic he is on stage. Thinking about him already makes me smile.

 

“I have the video here on my phone if you want to watch it.” Dahyun said.

 

“Ok fine. Just this one time. Then, we are going to study together for our last exam, promise?” I said trying to convince all of them.

 

They all nodded and we watched the video.

 


 

The four of us were giggling like mad people after the video.

 

“Aren’t you glad you watched it?” Nayeon asked me.

 

I nodded, fully understanding why they were so crazy over the music video. It was so good! The cinematography, the song and I must admit that the boys looked really fine, even Jungkook. 

 

“I know how you feel.” Sana said responding to my speechlessness. 

 


 

Nayeon glanced behind me and whispered something to Dahyun. 

 

The both of them giggled and Dahyun too looked behind me.

 

“What are you guys looking at?” I said, trying to find what they were looking at. 

 

“Kang Minhyuk has been staring at you for the past 10 minutes.” Nayeon explained.

 

“Our senior, Kang Minhyuk from the Music Faculty?” I asked.

 

“Yes, and look casual, he’s coming here right now.” Dahyun whispered. 

 

I didn’t want to look behind me. I’ve only talked to Minhyuk-sunbae a few times when I was helping out in our school’s music festival earlier this year. My friends and I are taking Architecture so we would only see students from other faculties during lunch and college events.  He was quite popular in Busan College for being in the band called CNBlue. I thought he was a nice person but we don’t have the same social circle. Anyway, he’s a senior three years older than me so I didn’t expect him to be interested in freshmen.

 

“Hi, you’re Lee Yeo Jin right?” Minhyuk-sunbae asked.

 

I smiled. He remembered me? 

 

“Hello Minhyuk-sunbaenim. Yes, I’m Yeo Jin.” I replied 

 

He looked at Dahyun, Sana and Nayeon and nervously bit his lips.

 

“Do you mind if I talk to you privately?” he said. 

 

I was quite shocked and didn’t know what to say. 

 

“Yes we don’t mind. Go ahead Yeo Jin.” Sana said while nudging me.

 

“O..okay” I said stuttering.

 

I didn’t know what to do so I just followed behind him. What does a senior like him need to talk to me about? I wondered.

 


 

He stopped in a secluded area near the staircase to the classrooms. It was lunch time so everyone, including the staff were eating, leaving me and Minhyuk-sunbae alone. 

 

He faced me and looked into my eyes.

 

“Yeo Jin, I don’t we don’t really know each other very well but I want to get to know you better. Are you free tomorrow?” he asked.

 

My mind went blank. I can’t be hallucinating right, is he asking me out? 

 

“Yes, I’m free tomorrow.” I said, completely forgetting that I usually go out with the girls after school.

 

He smiled looking really happy. 

 

“Awesome, how about if I text you.” he said, taking out his phone and giving it to me.

 

“Ok, sunbae.” I said, passing my phone to him and inputting my phone number into his.

 

He chuckled. “Please just call me oppa.” 

 

I passed his phone back to him and he gave me mine. “Ok Minhyuk oppa.” I said shyly.

 

The bell rang, signalling break was over.

 

“You better get to class. See you tomorrow Yeo Jin.” he said, smiling at me.

 

 


 

Author’s note:

The girls from Twice and the boys from CNBlue are going to be in a few chapters. 

What did you like from the music video/song Blood, Sweat and Tears? Comment down below!

And don’t worry, Jungkook will be coming soon XD