Look Here

We Meet Again

A huge shoutout to pham_vivian, YoonHanNisa and willpower! Thank you so much for subscribing to my story :) 

I would also like to thank YOU for reading this!

Do subscribe and leave your comments, I really appreciate it :D


I really like this song because it's super fun! You can skip to 1:36 for the song, but you can watch it from the start for the interaction with their fans~

 

Ch 2. Look Here

Yeo Jin

 

I walked to class to find Sana, Dahyun and Nayeon talking to each other. My mind was still trying to process what happened just now. 

Dahyun saw me and like the ever so curious person she is, she started to interrogate me.

 

“What did Minhyuk-sunbae want?” she asked curiously.

 

“Ahem…” the teacher faked a coughed as she walked in, trying to quiet down the noisy classroom.

 

“Later.” I mouthed to the three of them.

 

I couldn’t concentrate in class and my mind was all over the place. Why would Kang Minhyuk be interested in me? I asked myself.

I didn’t really like getting attention from other people. Having pairs of eyes looking at me frightens me.

 

“Yeo Jin?” the teacher raised her voice. Clearly she noticed I wasn’t paying attention.

 

I sat up straight and tried to comprehend the things she wrote on the whiteboard. Fortunately, I did my homework so I could answer the question.

She nodded at me but gave me the 'look' that warned me that I will be in trouble the next time I fail to focus on what she was teaching.

 

The bell rang and I sighed in relief. I got through both Construction of Buildings and History of Design without being called out. 

 


 

Nayeon put her hands around my shoulder.

 

“Hey, what’s up with you today? You were spacing out for the entire 3 periods.” she said.

 

“Yes, normally you would be furiously writing down notes and we would be waiting for you after class for you to ask questions to the teacher.” Sana said, questioning my strange change in character.

 

“Does this have anything to do with Minhyuk-sunbae?” Dahyun asked curiously.

 

I looked around and took a seat at our usual spot in the school cafe. No one I knew was around so I decided to tell them.

 

“He asked me if I was free tomorrow.” I told them honestly.

 

Dahyun gave a high pitched shriek and people around us gave her cold stares.

 

“Sorry.” she muttered guiltily.

 

“What did you say?” Nayeon asked trying to stay calm.

 

“I sort of forgot we usuall hang out after school. So I told him I was free.” I continued.

 

Dahyun couldn’t contain her excitement and let out another high pitch scream. 

 

“Wow luckily you agreed. Yeo Jin, you really need to go out sometimes.” Sana said.

 

“Hey, I do go out with you all.” I argued.

 

“I mean, have fun with boys you know. If you are not with us, you would be in your room by yourself.” Sana said.

 

“Fair enough, but I don’t even really know Minhyuk-sunbae. How am I supposed to go alone on a date with him?” I asked my friends for advice.

 

“Just be yourself. Don’t worry about it, I’m sure he loves you for you.” Nayeon said. 

 

I smiled, silently thanking the fact that I have such amazing friends.

 


 

We studied until 8pm in the cafe and headed back home. I said goodbye to them and walked down the all too familiar street that lead to my house. 

 

“Hi Honey!” my mum greeted me enthusiastically. “How was school?” she asked

 

“It was ok…” I said vaguely. 

 

I wasn’t sure telling her about Minhyuk-sunbae. I don’t even know how I feel about him in the first place. After all, we were just going to hang out, he didn’t really say it was a date. But he did say he wanted to get to know me, is he hinting that he likes me? I am close to my mum but I have never went out with a guy before. I was quite afraid what her reaction would be if she finds out. I need to tell her sooner or later, she is my mum after all.

 

I walked into my room. As if right on queue, a text came in.

 

Hi Yeo Jin:) 

 

It came from Minhyuk-sunbae’s number and I began fumbling what to write.

 

Hello Minhyuk-sunbae! 

 

I started typing. Wait, he doesn’t like it when I call him that.

 

Hello Minhyuk oppa!

 

Wow that doesn’t sound like me. 

 

Kekeke^^ I like it when you call me that..

 

He replied almost instantaneously. He began asking me the things I liked and we texted each other for hours. I smiled unknowingly, waiting for his reply. 

Another text came in. 

 

Western or Korean food? Minhyuk oppa’s asked.

 


 

I looked up from the screen. After a few hours texting him, I started feeling tired. I looked around my room to find something that seemed quite different. It was brighter than usual.

It came from a bedroom from the house beside mine. The light that was off for almost 5 years. In the room was a boy I believed I wouldn’t meet again. 

 

He smiled at me and waved, looking pleased I finally noticed him.

 

He opened his bedroom window and signalled me to open mine, something we did all the time when we were young. 

 

“It’s good to see you again, Yeo Jin!” said the boy.

 

I took a deep breath as I faced the person I saw on the person I saw on the screen on Dahyun’s phone.

 

Now, no longer in the fancy clothes and makeup I am used to seeing him wear on stage these past few years. Here he was in just a plain white t-shirt and shorts like a regular guy, only he wasn’t. Someone that was once a good friend, but now seemed too much of a stranger. 

 

“It’s good to see you too, Jungkook!” I said.


 

Author’s note:

I did some research on some modules taken for architecture.

Why architecture? Well, you’ll find out in chapters to come:) 

Anyway, Jungkook is finally here!