Lie

We Meet Again

Welcome _memory_, Teenzontop2708, Greenbang, exotic_rm and Septkuro! Thank you for subscribing!^^

Sorry this chapter took me a while but it's finally done! :D


 

Ch 27. Lie

Jungkook

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Incheon International Airport. The local time is 3.30pm and the temperature is 15 degrees Celsius. Have a good day!” the flight attendant announced cheerfully as we landed in Seoul. 

 

I was finally back home in Korea, having left 4 months on tour in the United States. 

 

I looked out of the window as the plane made it’s way to the parking area. I was greeted by the beautiful clear skies.

 

It was definitely refreshing to see the blossoming trees as it was finally spring time. It was unlike the cold and gloomy skies during winter when I left. It reminded me that I’ve been away for far too long.

 

 

I unbuckled my seatbelt and stood up as the plane reached to a stop. I stood up and stretched my numb limbs. Even though I’ve travelled frequently, I still found the twelve hour flight extremely exhausting.

Who knew that sitting down for too long could be such a tiring task?

 

I changed my SIM card which I kept in my wallet and switched on my new phone. My number was flooded with four months worth of text messages. I only gave my US number to a few people which included my parents and Yeo Jin.

 

I texted my mum every week to update her about the tour. I only talked to my dad for a while before I left Seoul. He was usually very busy with work, travelling from one place to another. He was hardly at home and I didn’t even got a chance to meet him back in Busan. 

 

 

On the other hand, I talked to Yeo Jin whenever I can. I barely had time for myself with so many dance practices and stage rehearsals for our tour. She was equally busy with her school work and exams. The 14 hour time difference between US and Korea made it even more difficult. But we made time for each other. I learned that Yeo Jin got a part-time job now and I was really happy for her.

 

Long distance relationships are never easy but seeing how my parents are able to pull it off, I believe I can too. 

 

It was finally good that we both had our own phones. Now, I could contact each her without burdening my hyungs. I did get scolded by Yoongi hyung once for his outstandingly high phone bill. My other hyungs laughed it off saying that they didn’t really mind. 

 

Beside me, Namjoon hyung was wearing his face mask and a cap. I placed mine as well and pulled up my hoodie.

This was a routine I knew all too well.

 


 

We got off the plane to be greeted by thousands of fans waiting for us in the airport.

They held signs with our names on it and screamed our names.

 

“Jungkook, look here!”

 

I turned back and waved at them. 

 

My bare and sleep-deprived face wasn’t really the most pleasant thing to see but they screamed excitedly anyway.

 

“Oppa, we love you!”

 

I cringed at that one but I shook it off. The ‘oppa’ part was a bit too much for me. 

 

But, it was oddly comforting to hear people speak my native language once more. Going overseas for a long time made me realise that I sometimes taken my mother tongue language for granted. It was difficult to communicate with others in a language I’m not familiar in. Despite the fans screaming at us, the fact that people around me speak my language made me feel that I am finally home. 

 

Everything was really hectic. We had to squeeze through to get to the other side. But at least fans didn’t push us or try to touch us anymore. I really appreciated that they respected our personal space. 

 

I slid into our the back of our black SUV van and waved goodbye at our fans. 

 

I exhaled in relief. That was a lot of people. 

 


 

“We’re back!” Hoseok hyung screamed and started to do his happy dance.

 

Jimin hyung and I danced along with him, doing flashy hand movements in excitement.

 

“Let’s go party!” Taetae hyung hollered threw his fist in the air.

 

I looked at Taetae hyung slightly amused by his randomness.

 

“Do we any schedules today, Manager hyung?” Namjoon hyung asked.

 

I saw Taetae hyung staring at Manager hyung with his puppy eyes.

 

“Well there’s nothing on today or tomorrow and you all deserve a break. So why not?” he said. 

 

We all whooped and cheered feeling so happy that we can do something fun for once.

 


 

Manager hyung dropped us off in a club in Gangnam.

 

“Namjoon, Seokjin, I trust you two to take care of the others!” Manager hyung said. 

 

They nodded obediently.

 

Taetae hyung and Hoseok hyung ran to the club immediately. 

 

I chuckled in amusement. Sometimes I wonder if I’m really the maknae here.

 

Jimin hyung hit the dance floor as he was fully immersed in the music. He tends to get lost in his own world whenever that happens.

 

Namjoon hyung, Yoongi hyung and Soekjin hyung sat down and ordered some drinks as they looked out for the rest.

 

I loved to dance but I wasn’t really comfortable dancing with a bunch of strangers. But maybe I should let go and have fun while I can.

 

I wandered around the club, looking for Taetae hyung and Hoseok hyung. 

 

I reached a corner full of couples making out. I looked away in embarrassment.

It was a club, I guess some people could do whatever they want here.

 

But then one couple caught my eye. I turned back and stared a bit intently at them. 

 

I didn’t know who the women was but the man looked awfully familiar. 

 

I walked closer to see if my eyes were mistaken.

 

I haven’t seen the man for almost six years but I would never forget his face.

 

“Dad?”

 


Author's note

Sorry for the cliffhanger there XD

Expect another update later at night! I'll try my best to finish it!^^