Moving On

We Meet Again

Woohoo got a new subscriber XD

Thank you so much itskimtaehyung, hope you enjoy the story!^^~

I'm just going to post this chapter now because I don't have time the rest of the day...


 

Ch 4. Moving On

Yeo Jin - Tuesday

 

 

I woke up the next day and got ready for school.

 

I looked over to the room next door once again before I left my room. It was now dark again, but not completely empty.

A male figure was lying on the bed, sleeping soundly. It felt weird knowing that I have a neighbour again. 

 


 

“Good morning Honey!” my mum chimed.

 

“Morning Mum!” I greeted her.

 

I put a slice of bread into the toaster and tapped my fingers several times, waiting for it to pop up.

Should I talk about it? I thought in dilemma.

 

“Mum, do you still talk to the Jeons?” I asked her referring to Jungkook’s family.

 

My mum looked rather amused at my question.

 

“Yes, I do. Junhee seemed quite happy yesterday. She said Jungkook was coming back to visit her.” she said.

 

My mum has been close to Jungkook’s mum for as long as I can remember.

She was a friendly person and was the one to help my mum overcome grief when my dad passed away from a car crash. Aunt Junhee was her listening ear and comforted her during those hard times.

 

I was only four years old at that time. I didn’t understand why I didn’t see my dad anymore.

 

Ever since then, my mum had to work from morning till late night for us to keep the house and cope financially.

She didn’t have time to take care of me so I learned to be independent.

 

Overtime, I began building this wall that shut other people out. My mum then wanted me to make more friends.

Aunt Junhee invited me to play with Jungkook since she and her husband were also busy working.

Basically, Jungkook and I depended on each other to keep one another company.

He was the first person I’ve ever trust. He was the one who helped me open up to others.

 

“Yeah, I was quite surprised to see his room light on last night.” I told her.

 

“Ohh yeah.. I remember you two used to shout to each other from your room and the neighbours used to complain about the noise.” she said while chuckling.

 

“Right..” I said, spreading the jam on my toast. “Good old times.” I mumbled.

 

“Funny, I was going to tell you that I will finish work early today so I invited Junhee for dinner. You’re welcome to join us, Honey. I think Jungkook will be coming over too.” she said.

 

I was slightly alarmed by how normal my mum was treating this situation. She was saying it like Jungkook left for only a few days, not five long years. Things have changed. I don’t think I can be comfortable around him as I once was. 

 

“Actually, I don’t think I can make it, Mum. I promised to hang out with someone later.” I said, trying to find an excuse.

 

My mum looked at me. “Sana, Nayeon and Dahyun?” she asked.

 

“Actually, Kang Minhyuk asked me if I could go out with him.” I said nervously, anticipating her reaction.

 

My mum knew that Kang Minhyuk was the son of the famous businessman Kang Heejun. The elites tend to stick together but seeing how Minhyuk oppa is, I think he’s different.

 

She frowned hearing his name but then smiled. “About time you got a boyfriend, Honey. I was getting quite worried that you never moved on since Jungkook left. That’s sort of why I invited Junhee over.” she admitted.

 

My eyes widened. I didn’t agree to hang out with Minhyuk oppa because he was rich. That’s the last thing I want to think about right now.

 

“Kang Minhyuk isn’t my boyfriend, Mum… We’re just hanging out. For the record, Jungkook was just a friend to me and I don’t think he’s interested in me, Mum.” I said.

 

This was true. I’ve always seen Jungkook as a brother since we were young and I don’t think that will change.

Anyway, now he has thousands of devoted female fans that are bound to be prettier, smarter and cuter than I am.

Jungkook can practically choose any one of them. I don’t stand a chance. 

 

My mum chuckled. “Okay, Honey. Have fun on your date.”

 


 

I walked to school, unable to shake the thought that my long lost friend was back.

 

I didn’t know what to do. Should I be catching up with him? But we haven’t talked to each other in years.

 

Anyway, he was the one who stopped contacting me in the first place. I knew he was busy so I grew to accept that just people drift apart.

 

I didn’t really know what to talk with him about in the first place. Would we even still be friends? I know I’m not the same person I was when I was fourteen.

 

Not to mention, he’s now the Jeon Jungkook, BTS’ Golden Maknae. Why would he bother talking to me? 

 

 


Author’s note:

Now you know a bit of Jungkook and Yeo Jin’s past. 

In case you’re trying to imagine houses. Jungkook’s house is right beside Yeo Jin’s house but they are still around 10 metres apart. 

 

 

I’ve always thought it was cool to have a friend/neighbour who grew up with you, but I moved around a lot so I didn’t :(

Do you have any neighbours you are close with?