Not Today

We Meet Again

Thank you to Foreverkpopmusic, Ginger_snap120, mimiyumi and faeritaaf for subscribing! It really means a lot to me <3

Good news! I'll be updating regularly from now on!^^


 

Ch 41. Not Today

Yeo Jin

 

I sat in the lecture hall while the professor was recapping the main concepts that were going to be tested for our upcoming exams. They were things he already taught us, still, I would normally listen. But not today.

 

I let my pen wander around, doodling on my notebook.

 

I couldn’t get my mind off my argument with Jungkook. He wanted to settle it tomorrow but I couldn’t even sleep well because of it.

 

I feel like our relationship was taking us no where. I know he wants this to work out and so do I. But, I feel like we’re both lying to ourselves thinking that we can maintain this long distance relationship.

 

Why am I giving myself false hope that Jungkook and I can settle down someday like that couple we saw in the park? It’s such a torture to know that I cannot be with the person I love.

 

He’s really busy and he has fans that need him more than I do. Meanwhile, I should be focusing on my studies right now. Staying up late hours talking to him is taking a toll on my body and he could barely stay awake.

 

It was sweet of him to offer tickets to his concert but I’m busy too. Does he think that I have nothing to do other than being his girlfriend?

 

I took out my frustration on my notebook. I pressed my pencil so hard that it formed a hole on the other side.

 

I looked down at my notebook and my eyes widened when I realised what I was drawing.

 

Unknowingly, I was sketching Jungkook’s face.

 

I felt tears forming in my eyes. It was too painful to see his face.

 

I bent down and rummaged through my pencil case to find my eraser. I didn’t need to remind myself that I couldn’t be with him.

 

“Ahh!” Sana screamed.

 

Sana, who was sitting beside me, tripped over my foot and I fell on me.

 

I pulled myself up and offered her a hand.

 

“I’m so sorry, Sana, are you okay?” I apologised.

 

She regained her balance and got up.

 

“Yeah, I didn’t see where I was going.” she said.

 

“Come on, you two! Lecture ended, don’t you want to go home?” Nayeon called us.

 

We looked around in embarrassment. Fortunately, most people already exited the lecture hall.

 

I quickly closed my books and packed my belongings to head outside.

 


 

“Hey Yeo Jin!” shouted a voice from behind the lecture hall door.

 

I jumped in surprise.

 

Minhyuk oppa and Sun Ae unnie stood behind the door.

 

“You scared me!” I exclaimed.

 

Minhyuk oppa smiled in delight while Sun Ae unnie and I seemed unamused by his cheeky pranks.

 

I signalled to the girls to go on without me.

 

“What’s with the long face?” Minhyuk oppa asked me.

 

I didn’t even bother to smile.

 

“Exams coming soon? Well that’s one thing I will definitely not miss from college.” Sun Ae unnie guessed.

 

I was going to tell her that wasn’t the only reason why I was so down today. Exams were tiring but arguing with Jungkook was a whole lot more emotionally draining.

 

But then, I remembered that the announcement for students who could graduate early was released today.

 

“Does that mean?” I began.

 

“Yes! We both finally graduated.” Minhyuk oppa said excitedly.

 

A few students were able to graduate early if they scored well enough in their exams. Minhyuk oppa and Sun Ae unnie were already in their last year but this means that they were able to graduate a semester earlier.

 

“I’m so happy for the both of you!” I exclaimed.

 

The both of them studied so hard for their exams. They really did deserved it. It goes to show that hard work does really pay off. It gave me more hope that I can graduate early and go to Seoul if I work hard enough. 

 

“Anyway, this is all so rushed but we were going to leave for Seoul tomorrow.” Sun Ae unnie told me.

 

“So soon?” I asked, a little surprised.

 

“Well, I got a job as a drummer in Seoul and I start next week. Sun Ae will be working in her parent’s office in Seoul. Both our parents have an apartment there so all we need to do is to move in.” Minhyuk explained.

 

“Alright, at least let me send you off tomorrow.” I offered.

 

“That’s sweet of you.” Sun Ae unnie beamed.

 

I was glad to see her smile at me. I still remembered the glares she used to give me months ago. She was still cold to those who rubbed her the long way. But I’m fortunate that we were able to clear up any misunderstandings we’ve had in the past.

 

I looked up to her and she was somewhat like a sisterly figure to me. Like an older sister, she might be intimidating and bossy but deep down, I know she was protective and caring.

 


 

I headed off to Sun Ae unnie’s house the next day after school. She gave me the address to her house so I let my GPS to guide me there.

 

I stared at the luxurious mansion in front of me.

 

“Wow! What a house!” I gasped in awe.

 

I saw Minhyuk oppa carrying four very heavy looking duffle bags from the house into the van in front. Behind him, Sun Ae unnie was casually pulling her suitcase out the door.

 

I rushed to meet them.

 

“Do you need any help with that?” I asked Minhyuk oppa who was struggling to open the van door open.

 

“No, I’m fine, really!” Minhyuk oppa said confidently although his face was as red as a tomato.

 

I watched Minhyuk oppa throw in the bags into the van. He sighed in relief and rested his head on the car.

 

“Minhyuk, there’s still some bags inside. Can you help me with that?” Sun Ae asked charmingly.

 

Minhyuk oppa looked at me and then ran into the house to take another batch of heavy bags.

 

I stared at Sun Ae unnie who was enjoying this too much. Minhyuk oppa is honestly too sweet.

 

“Let him be a gentleman. He likes it when he can show he is capable.” Sun Ae told me.

 

The both of us laughed it off but we ended up giving Minhyuk oppa a hand.

 


 

“Let’s go!” Minhyuk oppa said excitedly.

 

He took the driver’s seat, with Sun Ae unnie in the other side of the front seat while I was at the back.

 

I stared out the window to see the all too familiar roads leading to Busan Station.

 

“Yeo Jin, something is telling me that something is bothering you and it’s not your exams.” Sun Ae unnie said.

 

I looked down and contemplated how I should tell them this.

 

I’ve never asked for relationship advice from them before. For one, I used to date Minhyuk oppa and I wasn’t close to Sun Ae unnie until we started working together.

 

“Do you think there’s any point holding on to someone you love even though you know there’s barely any chance being with them?” I asked.

 

“Why do you have barely any chance of being together?” Minhyuk oppa asked.

 

“You hardly talk to each other and that person is committed to his work for the rest of his life.” I explained.

 

“You’re talking about Jungkook aren’t you?” he whispered.

 

“Well… Yeah.” I admitted.

 

“You really like him don’t you?” he sighed.

 

“Very much. But it seems so unrealistic for us to have a future together.” I continued.

 

“Honestly, I don’t really want you to be with him but I can see that he means a lot to you.” he admitted.

 

“Then there’s all the point in the world. I just think you need to have more faith in each other.” Minhyuk oppa said.

 

I thought hard about it. Minhyuk oppa was right. Maybe the reason I was so pessimistic about my relationship with Jungkook was because I don’t believe in him enough. On top of that, I don’t believe in myself.

 

“Well, I won’t give up on the person I love even if it means waiting for a long time.” Sun Ae unnie confessed.

 

“Gee Sun Ae, who can make you that patient?” Minhyuk teased.

 

For the first time, I saw Sun Ae unnie blush and loss of words. The both of us knew the answer to that. I couldn’t believe that Minhyuk was completely oblivious.

 

“Look, we’ve arrived in the station!” I said trying to change the subject.

 

Sun Ae unnie looked at me and mouthed a thank you.

 

We got off and unloaded the bags off the van. It took three trolleys to carry all of their belongings. We pushed it towards the gate before they boarded the train.

 

I hugged the both of them tightly. I couldn’t believe they were really moving away.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll see each other again!” Minhyuk oppa said reassuringly.

 

“Take care of yourself okay? And don’t worry too much about Jungkook. I’m sure you two can work it out!” Sun Ae unnie comforted me.

 

“You too! And I think you should tell Minhyuk oppa that you have feelings for him. He seemed really clueless.” I whispered to her.

 

She took a deep breath and looked a little worried.

 

“I guess it’s worth putting your heart on the line for someone you love.” she said.

 

I nodded.

 

“Tell me how it goes.” I said.

 

“And you too, with Jungkook!” she smiled.

 

“Come on, Sun Ae, the train is leaving soon.” Minhyuk oppa called from afara.

 

“Have a safe trip!” I shouted.

 

I waved goodbye and watched them disappear in the distance.

 


 

I went home and dumped my backpack on my study table. It was getting late but I needed to study for my exams. I sat down and took out my books.

 

I began to flip through my notes to find the things I need to revise.

 

I stopped at a page in my notebook. My sketch of Jungkook was still there.

 

Once again, I took out my eraser but I hesitated. I bit my lip and contemplated for a moment.

 

I ripped out the piece of paper and looked to my sketch of Jungkook. His warm eyes and cute bunny smile.

 

I sighed. I missed him so much.

 

I returned the eraser into my pencil case and took out a piece of blu tack instead.

 

I stuck the sketch carefully in front of my table.

 

I couldn’t give up on him. On us.

 


Author's note:

I'm so touched by how supportive you all are to YeoJung <3

You saved them from a break up XD

Anyway, have you heard their latest songs?

Spring Day was so beautiful and Not Today is going to be so hype I can't wait!^^