Embarrassed

We Meet Again

Hey there emi_martini, adorkablemii, justpassingby08, AzureSky15, MISCharacter and all_my_loving!^^

Thank you sooo much for subscribing! :D


 

 

Ch 37. Embarrassed

Jungkook

 

I ran upstairs to my room and looked out of the window. I saw Yeo Jin sitting down in front of her study table with a large graph paper on her desk. She looked quite focused doing whatever work she was doing.

 

I waved furiously to gain her attention and pointed to my phone.

 

She smiled and picked up my phone call.

 

“Hey, are you busy?” I asked.

 

“A bit, there’s tonnes of projects due soon. I don’t want to fall behind.” she explained.

 

I felt a little guilty asking her this. I didn’t wanted to interrupt her but this was quite urgent.

 

“I know this is not a great time but can you come over for lunch tomorrow?” I asked hopefully.

 

I heard her sigh on the other line. 

 

“Okay, I guess I can squeeze it in…” 

 

I pumped a fist in the air.

 

“What’s the occasion?” she asked. 

 

“My brother is here so he wants to meet you.” I explained.

 

“Ohh he’s back so soon?” she said, a little shocked

 

“He is only visiting for a while before he returns to the army.” I explained.

 

“Yeo Jin, I hope I’m not asking too much from you, but can you wear something nice?” I asked.

 

Don’t get me wrong, I loved her in her t-shirt and shorts. We’ve been friends for such a long time that I’ve grown to accept anything she wore. I was glad she was comfortable around me but now she wasn’t just my friend anymore. 

 

I remembered the day I met her again after five years. She wore a white blouse and denim skirt for her date with Minhyuk. I couldn’t help but want her to look nice for me too once in a while. I mean, she was my girlfriend now.

 

“Why so formal? It’s not like I’m meeting your mum and your brother for the first time.” she questioned.

 

Yeo Jin came over to eat dinner with my mum for a few times when we were young. My mum loved her and treated her like a daughter. But that’s just it.

 

I wanted to change that. I wanted my mum to know that I was really serious with her. We were no longer children anymore. 

 

Plus, I thought that if she dressed up a little, it would help her be accepted by my brother. He was very picky after all. 

 

But it was better if she didn’t know that. I didn’t wanted to scare her.

 

“Please, just do it for me?” I begged her.

 

I could see her look a little puzzled.

 

“Wear something nice too. I don’t want to be overdressed.” she said.

 


 

I paced around the living room with my white button up and black pants. 

 

At 12pm, I heard a knock and dashed to the open the door.

 

My mouth dropped as I saw Yeo Jin look as beautiful as ever. She wore a cute red dress and black flats. Her light makeup complemented her features. I looked down embarrassment, trying to hide the smile on my face.

 

“You look really great!” she said. 

 

I wanted to say something in return but the words didn’t come out.

 

“Is it too much?” she asked, slightly alarmed.

 

“No! It’s perfect!” I said almost too quickly. 

 

My mum and my brother heard her coming and came to the living room. My mother also looked stunning with her long navy blue dress. My brother, on the other hand, was wearing his military uniform. 

 

I knew that military uniforms were a trend ever since the drama ‘Descendants of the Sun’ became so popular. But now, seriously? 

 

I face palmed. 

 

Meanwhile, Yeo Jin was giggling behind me. It was good to know that one of us found it funny.

 

“It’s really good to see you, Yeo Jin!” my brother said, shaking her hand.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I thought that he was going to be hard on her, but apparently not. 

 

“I’m so sorry Dear, I’m still preparing the food. I didn’t know that you would come so soon.” my mum apologised.

 

I stared at my mum, anxiously. I thought she would be prepared since she was the one who wanted Yeo Jin to join us.

 

“It’s okay, Aunt Junhee. I can help you if you want.” Yeo Jin offered.

 

I smiled, a little impressed by how natural she was taking this.

 

The two of them went into the kitchen leaving my brother and I in the living room.

 

“She seems nice.” Junghyun hyung commented.

 

I eyed my brother.

 

“I thought that you would play the mean older brother.” I said blatantly.

 

“Please, I’ve been playing that role to the new recruits back at camp. I want to be the cool brother for once.” he explained.

 

I sighed in relief. At least that’s one hurdle gone. 

 

“Besides, you already look nervous enough, Bro. Loosen up a little.” he told me.

 

I took a deep breath and exhaled. Who knew that I would be the one anxious?

 


 

My mum and Yeo Jin came back with plates full of food. Jjajangmyeon, Gimbap, Jjambbong, Kimchi Chigae… 

No wonder my mum couldn’t finish cooking it herself.

 

They were really engaged in a conversation that it was almost like I was the outsider. 

 

“I would like to make a toast. May we always be close to one another and may the future bring happiness to us all.” Yeo Jin said.

 

All of us raised our glasses and drank to it.

 


 

After lunch, we went to the living room to talk. 

 

“Just curious Yeo Jin, when did you start to like my brother?” Junghyun hyung asked.

 

I glared at my brother. I was also really curious but I didn’t want to make her uncomfortable.

 

“You don’t have to answer that.” I told her.

 

Yeo Jin thought about it for a while and decided to answer.

 

“I’ve always liked him since we were young but I only started to develop feelings for him when he sang for my friend’s birthday party. His voice spoke to me.” she said shyly, her cheeks flushed red.

 

“Awww!” my mother squeaked.

 

A smile carved on my face. That was the day before I went back to Seoul. I also liked her but I didn’t dare confess to her because I didn’t know that she felt the same way.

 

The both of us avoided each other’s eye contact while my mother and brother were teasing us.

 


 

My mother came to sit beside Yeo Jin with a book in her hand.

 

“Do you want to see some baby pictures of Jungkook?” she asked. 

 

My eyes widened. 

 

“Mum!” I complained.

 

“Come on, Jungkook, I’ve seen them before.” Yeo Jin giggled.

 

Clearly my mum was trying to make Yeo Jin comfortable. However, this was obviously very embarrassing on my part.

 

“Here’s one of Jungkook celebrating his birthday. This one was taken on the beach.” she started.

 

Yeo Jin giggled and commented how cute I was when I was younger.

 

“Ohh here’s one of the both of you playing together.” my mother continued.

 

I desperately wanted to close that book and hide in a corner right now.

 

Junghyun hyung seemed to find it amusing that Yeo Jin was more comfortable around my own family than I was.

 

I let out a huge sigh.

 

It’s good to know that she was enjoying herself.

 


Author's note

Jungkook was so cute when he was young!^^~

And now he's really handsome <3