Nine

Taste.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DING!

The elevator doors slides open and I could see someone standing right in front of my apartement door.

It's a girl with her usual clothing style that she always love to wear with an additional scarfs around her neck. I know that scarf. She has her bagpack on her back and her other luggages on her sides. I watched her walking over the door and is now standing next to my door, her back was against the wall. She did small stretches to loose some stiff muscles. I couldn't look away, my eyes were locked with the sight of her.

My mind won't stop questioning the reality.

My mind won't stop questioning her very existence right at this moment.

Without thinking, I was taking each step closer to where she is.

Closer...closer...one foot after the other...

The next thing I knew I was running towards her.

"Oh, Un-" She couldn't finish what she's saying when I crashed her and hold her in a tight bone crushing hug.

"Um... Unnie... Yongsun-unnie...could you... I can't..."

I ignored her, I ignored the way she slightly trying to get away as I hug her with all I have.

I knew she was struggling to keep her balance and her breathing.

I could feel how cold her body temperature is.

She must've been here for more than an hour.

But I don't want to end the hug.

"S, seriously... Unnie..." She sighs and seems like giving up in stopping me. "Alright, I miss you a lot too."

"Is this really you? Is this really Moon Byulyi I'm holding? I'm not dreaming, am I?"

She chuckles. It was as if that small chuckle answered my doubts, even I don't know how to make difference between people's chuckles and yet I'm sure this one just now was hers. Oh my god, I still can't believe this is really Moon Byulyi. I recognize her voice, her scent, her figure as I hug her, even the way she put both of her arms around me, then drawing circles behind my back because she knew it never failed to calm me down and I just like the gesture in general.

What do people these days call it when someone is too happy? Something about being on the cloud nine or something?

Whatever, I'm just extremely happy she's here.

"You know, if I still have enough strength, I'd pick you up and bring you inside. But I think I've drained all my energy for the last two hours standing outside your door."

"Please hold on for another minute." I mumbled on her shoulder. I know she's tired and all, but please let me be selfish just for a little longer.

Unfortunately, before a minute pass, a voice called out my name.

And it's clearly not Byulyi's voice.

"Solar-noona!"

Byulyi stopped caressing my back and I felt her froze. "Is that...your friend?" She asked, she could literally see who's the one calling out my name because she's facing the elevator right now. I wanted to push myself away from the hug and face Minhyuk, probably thanking him for ruining this moment and then introduce him to Byulyi properly. I don't want any drama especially with Byulyi here with me.

But I can't tear myself from Byulyi's arms. She kept me still.

I frowns and about to ask her what is wrong, but she got it ahead of me. "He's really just your friend...right?"

"Yes, of course. I guess I left something in his car."

Just then, Byulyi loosened her hold on me. Our eyes met for a split second before I turned around and facing Minhyuk. I am very sure my face is so red right now that I unconsciously biting my lower lip.

"Noona, you left your purse and... Oh," One of his eyebrow raised as he caught the sight of Byulyi. I saw how he's giving out a nervous smile, I wonder why he has that look on his face though. "D, did I interrupt something?" Right, now he's stuttering, maybe I should say something before he collapse right outside my door.

I put on a smile, "Minhyuk, this is Moon Byulyi, my bestfriend. The one I've been telling you about." I took a side glance at Byulyi for a split second and she has that surprised look.

"And Byulyi, this is Lee Minhyuk. My friend and also co-worker."

Byulyi extends her hand towards him, offering a polite handshake after bowing down. She's always so polite with everyone though. Good thing Minhyuk has good manners too, now that I'm witnessing the two of them like this...it's weird because they look like a long lost twins. How could two unrelated people be so visually similar without even trying? I can never understand how universe works.

"It's nice to meet you, Moonbyul-ssi. Noona told me so much about you." He gave me a knowing look. "Now I get it why she told me I reminded her of her bestfriend."

Byulyi looks amused with it, "Ah, really? I never knew she has a co-worker who look just like me."

I narrowed my eyes at them, taking two step back from them. "You don't know how it feels to witness you two interacting with each other. Are you sure you two are not related in some way? I mean, you two are very similar. It's weird and kind of creeping me out right now. Maybe you two are long lost brother and sister? That happened in dramas, right?"

He gave me a face, "Aish, noona, you need to take a breather on those dramas."

"So you've been watching dramas? I didn't know you're into them."

"She said it helps her when she misses her best-" I had to put a hand over his mouth and hit her arm almost violently. I don't care if he groans because of the pain, he really needs to learn to shut up and not try

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter