Thirty One

Taste.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 After that night we spent talking about the wedding and how we’re going to do it, we eventually fall asleep with the various thoughts of being together as a married couple. It was such a beautiful dream that I almost don’t want to wake up from it.

But no matter how great the dream can be, I’d still prefer to go back into the reality where Byulyi is there sleeping next to me.

It was unfortunate how the rest of the holidays went by too fast.

A day before the last day of this year, I received a call from Wheein and she said she wanted to spend new year’s eve together with Byulyi and I. I couldn’t say I didn’t think about it too but what prevent me from asking was the fact that I remember how Hyejin’s parents visited Seoul for her and Wheein. I know better than ruining their family time, okay.

We agreed on doing it at my place because she said it’s spacious—correction, most spacious.

“Your apartment is the most spacious one than the rest of ours.” As I recalled what Wheein said over the phone.

There really isn’t much for me to clean up around the place, so all we need to do is prepare food. I suggested that we order food because I don’t want to burden my fiancée and we’re all here to have fun at New Year’s Eve. So, I told her to not volunteer herself to cook for us. But Byulyi is such a stubborn human being.

“It’s the least I can do, please let me?”

“No means no,” I heard a sigh escaped her lips and after grabbing my purse and car keys, I turned to her and touches her cheek affectionately. “You need to rest more because you need the energy to have fun. Remember, you have that flight exactly the next day. I just don’t want you to tire yourself out.”

The next thing I knew, we were kissing.

But it was nothing aggressive or lustful, it was gentle and sweet and god, I love it so much. Too bad, Byulyi had to pull away too quick for my liking. I almost whine at the lost contact— “I swear it’s sweet hearing you being so caring about my well-being but a little more of this will make you no difference than my mom. Of course, you wouldn’t want me to have a mommy-kink now, would you?” I swear I was holding myself from hitting her.

She narrows her eyes at me and gasped, “Oh my, are you into that kink, Kim Yongsun? Oh wow—ouch.” Well, she keeps testing my patience.

“You can’t just let me be a caring fiancée, can you?” I rolled my eyes and proceed to go for the front door.

Byulyi giggles and tailed behind me, still rubbing the spot where I hit her I believe. “Yeah, but you don’t have to hit me that hard.”

She shut the door and locks it. When she turns around, I gave her a sarcastic smile. “What are you saying? I didn’t hit you. That was a love tap.” Then left her there to head to the elevator before she says anything back at me.

But I heard it when she mutters, “If that’s a love tap, I wonder what her punch feels like.”

“You were saying?” She jumped in her spot and I had to suppress my giggle when she shakes her head. “Good, let’s go grocery shopping now.”

To be completely honest, I can do the grocery shopping alone. Byulyi, too, can do it alone if she wanted to but the problem is we don’t want that because like I said earlier, Byulyi has a flight waiting for her a day after New Year. So, here I am making the most of the moment left with Byulyi.

Byulyi also said to me she enjoyed the last time they went grocery shopping together. “It felt like we’re married already.” I quoted from her and though I didn’t say to her that I felt the same, she knew it just by looking at the wide smile on my face.

This time was a little different because Byulyi brought her pocket camera. Funny how this is the first time I’m seeing it.

“Since when did you own that?” I asked, pointing at the rectangular device in her hand. It looks like an old vintage camera, and it was aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

“Since that day I went out with Heeyeon.”

“She bought it for you?”

She shook her head, “Nope. I bought it for me.” Then she grins at me, pointing the lense at my direction and took a snap of my picture. “Ah, beautiful—”

I snatched the camera from her hand—don’t worry, it’s gentle enough because I know better than to break Byulyi’s things again. “That must look so ugly, ugh. How to delete it? Which one do you press to open the gallery—”

“Y, yah…” Byulyi holds my hand from pressing various stuff on the device. “Stop it. There’s no gallery. This is an old camera, okay? It’s using film rolls and you can’t exactly see the result unless you pull out the roll.”

I frowned, “Then how do you delete the photo?”

And with that, Byulyi sighs desperately.

“You can’t delete it.”

Okay, so I may have keep complaining later on about how it is not convenient for Byulyi to buy such an old pocket camera. One where you can’t even see the preview of the photo you’ve taken. But she said she’s been into taking pictures with old cameras lately, she’s been wanting to get one because back in London, she will borrow one of her friends’ old vintage camera. Well, if that’s the case then who am I to prevent her? I just reminded her to not save the ugly photos of me and she grinned at me with a thumb up.

Yeah, right. I just know she will not do that one favor and save the pictures anyway.

There are already embarrassing pictures of me in her phone so I wonder why I even tried asking her nicely.

We both went inside the market after Byulyi asked permission to bring her camera inside the market—actually, she doesn’t have to but whatever. While I stroll around each section trying to find all the things we need to get for the party, Byulyi won’t stop taking pictures and she keeps smiling and stealing kisses from me that I had to pull up a hand at her to stop doing it so much.

“People starts looking. Stop it.”

“Let them be.”

“Easy for you to say. Also, don’t you have to get something? I thought you’re supposed to help me with shopping.” For a second there, Byulyi was silent and I had to turn a little to check on her.

But she was still standing there, smiling at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter