Twelve

Taste.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No, don't-- That's not how-- Please just--"

And it fell. Hard.

"...S, sorry." was all I could come up with when I caught the look on her face instantly changed. I feel very terrified right now. You see, I just dropped her laptop after a series of trials putting it inside her luggage. She told me she will just hold it in her arms or just put it on the backseat of the car while we're on our way, but I insisted that I can try to fit it inside the luggage.

She gave me a chance to try and now I just lost it before I can even start.

"Kim Yongsun. What have you done?"

The change of tone scared me for real.

"I didn't mean to drop it! Plus, I only put it for less than a second and it slipped off the bed. I didn't even hold it when it fell! You can't entirely blame me for this." Actually, I know it was all my fault. "But if you insist saying it was all on me, then I'll go buy you a new one. Same model or even a better one."

I glanced at her and saw how she ran her hand to cover her eyes. She let out a long sigh.

"It's not that, unnie."

She bends down to collect the fallen laptop on the floor, putting it on the bedside table before sitting on the bed.

"It wasn't your fault but if you still want to take responsibility, I would gladly accept it with open arms."

"Yah, you said it wasn't my fault but you still want me to take--"

"I said, if you want to."

Damn it, Moon Byulyi. Her ways of making me feel guilty for something I did wrong never failed me every single time. I could see the smirk on the corner of her lips, that winning smirk sometimes annoyed me so much. "We don't even know if it's broken or not. I dropped my laptop twice and it's still working fine until now."

"You should take care of your things, unnie. Your laptop was still fine because you came to me for a fix."

"That's because you like nerd things so much and you're really good at it!"

"Tech, unnie. It's called, Tech, as in Technology."

"Yeah, whatever-- Wait, since you fixed so many laptops before, you should be able to fix your laptop, right?"

"No." The quick reply made me pout. "So you don't want to take responsibility? And, seriously, I only ever fix your laptop so it's not that many laptops like you thought it was." I watched her got up from the bed, walking over and stop in front of the mirror. "Anyway, you can think about it while we're on our way." She said, checking on her handwatch.

I glanced at the clock on the wall.

From the looks of it, we're already ten minutes passed the required time to take our leave. So I stands up straight, walking over to the mirror, blocking a certain blonde and checks myself out in the mirror then say, "Why am I suddenly feeling nervous about seeing your big family?" I muttered.

Today is Christmas and last night Byulyi gave me the biggest surprise that I cannot even put all of it into words. It was overwhelming to the point I can't even believe it if everything was real or not; I did purposely pinch her arm and ask her to hit me just to make sure I'm not dreaming or plainly drunk of missing her too much- That was a bit too much, wasn it? Anyway, I slept in the middle of our talk last night since it was practically 5 in the morning and I started losing my consciousness little by little. She slept a few minutes later - how can I know? Well, I didn't know, it was just a random guess I had in mind - usually, they never failed me. We slept too late and it's causing us to woke up late, maybe around 12p.m. Then after having a quick brunch - obviously made by my personal favourite chef - she went and told me that she wanted to visit her family this year.

Wait, wrong. She told me she wanted me to visit her big family together this time.

I was too excited to notice how it sounded weird coming out of , the words. I ignored the slight tingling feeling inside my chest and shamelessly told her that I've been wanting to see her family all this time. It was a bit embarrassing since I was going to keep calm and cool about it in my mind, but turns out I was way- waaay too excited to hold myself.

So here we are, finished packing then putting our luggages inside my car and changing clothes. I put some make up on, Byulyi did too but somehow she never put as much as I do. It's okay, I think, she still looks so attractive to me. Okay, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to keep fangirling over my bestfriend every ten seconds.

"Why are you putting on so much make up?" Her voice came from behind me; just a few steps away from where I sit down. "The trip was going to be long."

"A woman needs to be prepared all the time."

"Prepared, huh?" Byulyi sat on the bed, chuckled. "Prepared in case you see your prince charming?"

Her tone sounded a little off and seriously, what she said was entirely not true. "A prince never really crossed my mind."

I heard her hum softly, turning her head to meet my eyes through the mirror. It was only for a split second her eyes soften under my stare, the corner of her lips formed a small smile that never failed to make me blush. I quickly broke the eye-contact when she said, "Are you done yet? We need to go asap." Then got up from the bed.

She's walking over to stand next to the mirror, facing me - observing me.

I tried my best to ignore her and finally finished the last touch on my lips. Smiling proudly, rubbing my lips together. I mutters a quick "Done." Glancing at Byulyi who is still manage to stare at me with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter