Thirty Three

Taste.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a very eventful New Year’s Eve last night and I couldn’t be happier to have all of those wonderful people spending and having such great time with each other. Though no one stayed the night because everyone apparently has their own schedule in the morning. Amber said she had to go back soon because she’ll be having the same flight with Byulyi, she needs to prepare and all. Wheein and Hyejin went back as well as Seulgi and Irene. It didn’t miss in my hearing when Wheein said about giving the newly engaged couple some alone time. Anyway, Wendy was the only one who considered staying until she received a call and told everyone that her girlfriend is going to pick her up in five minutes (that was quick).

Wendy’s words left everyone smirking at her, insisting they all should stay around a bit longer to see the Canadian’s girlfriend. It was all thanks to Irene that everyone managed to keep their curiosities (including mine) away for now and not spoil the surprise. After all, Wendy kind of wanted to introduce her girlfriend in a better setting.

So, yeah… Everyone went home.

Of course, not before two of them (once again Wheein and now with Amber’s help as well) joked about Byulyi and I wanting them to go home soon because we need some private time. That was partly true, okay. After all, we were both too exhausted that we end up just crash the bed, cuddling for a few minutes while planting small kisses as Byulyi whispers sweet nothings in between. It went on until she chuckles, witnessing me on the brink of unconsciousness and decided to call it a night, letting ourselves drifting into our slumbers after whispering soft ‘I love you’s.

“Yongsun-ah…” I heard her soft voice. She used her low tone but she softens her voice as well and it melts me, soothes me as if she’s lulling me back to sleep not waking me up.

I let out a contended sigh, feeling myself about to go deeper into my dream.

“Yongsun-ah… Wake up.” There it was again.

If she wants to wake me up like this, I can assure you that it’s not working all that well. But then again, this is Moon Byulyi. The girl knows just what to do to get my attention and waking me up is always been so easy for her. It started when I feel a soft kiss on my temple and she whispers my name again, but I refuse to give her the satisfaction on her first try so I tried (hard) to not react. And then she starts tucking my hair behind my ear before cupping my cheek gently, she kisses me again on my forehead.

“Baby…” God, this is hard.

I almost purr at that. Whenever Byulyi goes with petnames, it hardly goes unnoticed by me. It was hard not to react, not to squeal and have my heart skip a beat at it because I’m a person who used to think that petnames for couples are too much. Byulyi and I have special nicknames for each other (Yongkong for me and Byulkong for her), however those are nicknames made when we were just friends and those weren’t like ‘baby’ or ‘honey’ or ‘dear’. Right now, though, you could say I just swallow my own words. Because petnames turned out to be not all that bad or too much, well, I suppose it can be a bit overwhelming but it was endearing and I find myself liking it whenever Byulyi does it.

So, yes, not responding to her petname is hella hard.

But alas, Byulyi must notice because she as much as I refuse to wake up, she also refuses to back down in waking me up. So, she starts kissing my neck and calls me with various of sweet petnames that I couldn’t even hold the red on my cheeks.

“Yongsun-ah… Baby… Wake up, hun…” She said in between the small kisses around my neck, down to my collarbone. I feel how her hand move down to pull my shirt down, exposing my bare shoulder where she starts kissing me there as well.

The way she grazes her teeth on the surface of my bare skin is sending shivers down my spine as she whispers, “You’re testing my patience, honey.” I almost smirk at that but I still try to resist.

“Ah, really… You prefer the hard way, huh?”

When she bites down on my shoulder, I initially wanted to let out a whimper or groan but instead a lustful moan escaped and in that moment we both know who wins this game. Obviously, she won but when I pulled her up and kisses her lips deeply, I know there’s going to be two winners here. Perhaps, she’s weak when it comes to morning treat. This, she took up my offer with no second thoughts.

To say the least, it was a pretty eventful morning, or should I say afternoon now? Anyway, Byulyi asked me to not go back to sleep after our steamy activity. I followed her instruction and I noticed how Byulyi’s luggage are all ready in the living room, meaning she already packed her stuff and ready to leave.

Leave.

Right, Byulyi is leaving. She’s going to fly back to London to finish her study. It wasn’t something that I can convince her to ignore nor if she can be selfish and choose to stay here instead. There is really no option and we both understand that very well. Which is why there is no drama about her leaving. I suppose both of us would like to stay together if we had to choose, but then again this is something Byulyi has been pursuing and we know better than to make her throw this away. I did tell her that I want her to stay a bit longer if she could, but she really couldn’t so I leave it at that and tried not to push my luck further.

Seeing how Byulyi woke me up early, it must mean she woke up hours earlier than usual. To do things this far is very Byulyi. She cooked me breakfast which she ended up reheating it because it's been an hour already, thanks to me and our little time in bed. Byulyi told me she pushed back her flight and we have extra an hour (originally, it's two hours) and I gave her a wide smile, trying to hold myself from jumping into her lap.

We once again settled on the couch with me being the small spoon because I insisted that I wanted to be held in her arms before she leaves.

"We have thirty minutes for this." She said, kissing the side of my head.

I puffed, "I'm aware but can you please not remind me of our limited time?"

Byulyi laughs. "I mean, I can do that but then we'd both end up enjoying our time too much and we'll forget the time. They'll charge me more if I postpone my flight again, babe." I pouted my lips and she kiss me again, a little longer. "It's only a few months, you know."

A few months still take months.

But no, I can't be selfish about this. In order for our relationship to work, I need to understand her needs and finishing her studies in London is one of them and I will support her. So, instead of being all sappy about her leave, and because I hate seeing Byulyi being troubled, I decided to talk about something else.

I turned a little to give her a peck and a reassuring smile, silently telling her that it's going to be okay. She replied with the same smile. "So, tell me what are the things you need to do there? I mean you told me you finished everything and the last few months before graduation are needed for...what? You haven't fill me in with the details."

"Mm, how to say this..." She rested her chin on top of my head. "It's nothing major but it is still important. I need to get a few certificates, and some other things to be done as well. No offense, babe, but even if I tell you now, I doubt you'd understand what I'm saying."

I did get a little offended, but she doesn't need to know that.

"Right, then whatever it is you're working on there, please have plenty of rest and don't stress yourself out too much. I've been to college, and the last few months before grad been keeping me busier as well. I guess, I can at least relate to your situation."

Byulyi hums in agreement, intertwining our fingers before saying, "You know, it shouldn't be all that stressing but if, at some point, I do get stressed... I don't think you should worry that much."

I pulled away from her arms and looks at her with a deep frown. "Excuse me? Why shouldn't I worry about you being stressed?" Despite the look on my face, Byulyi is still smiling.

"Come back here first, then I'll tell you, hm?"

Eyes narrowed, I observed her for a good minute before agreeing to her offer and resume my spot in her arms. "So?" I demanded impatiently.

"Easy there, hun." She chuckles as she holds my hand. "You shouldn't worry too much because I know how to overcome my stress or frustration. It is in fact by using someone's help. Do you wanna know?"

Surely, at the mention of 'someone', it moved something in me and this could either go wrong or incredibly cheesy. Maybe it's more in the cheesy side. "Why do I sense something cheesy is coming?" That got Byulyi laughing out loud.

"I don't even need to say 'this will sound cheesy' because damn, babe, your cheesy-sense is off the charts!" I rolled my eyes as she keeps laughing. She stops the moment I slap her arm softly, reminding her that we still have an unfinished topic here. "Okay, alright, that someone was no other than you, Yongkong."

"It better be just me." I muttered.

Much to my disappointment, we didn't spend enough time in bed due to Byulyi's flight and all.

But surprisingly, it didn't feel as hard as the first time I took Byulyi to the airport, that day she left for London for the very first time. This time feels way easier. Maybe it's the fact that we're engaged. The fact that even if Byulyi is going to leave me for months again, I know she will eventually end up coming back home to me. And that's more important.

"Miss Kim, you have a call on line two." I nodded and said a soft 'thanks', still feeling a bit dazed hearing the newly assigned assistant (originally from a different floor than me) calling me with 'Miss Kim'.

'Miss Kim' is the name I need to get used to now. Ever since I got the promotion as the head of my department, there's been a lot of changes and new stuff being handed to me. It was almost a bit too much, but I already expected this beforehand. A new office, a personal assistant, a new title to my name and including the way everyone on her floor now calls her 'Miss Kim' or 'Manager-nim'.

But also, a bunch of work needs to be done.

I've been informed by my new assistant, a pretty girl goes by the name Kim Jisoo, that there's already a stack of documents I need to look into, there are also appointments I need to attend as well and the CEO wished for my presence later in the afternoon. Jisoo gave me a subtle apologetic look before excusing herself, I guess it shows with how I sigh so hard.

Not five minutes after Jisoo walked out of my new office, someone else entered. I sighed in relief knowing it's only Wendy, once again, giving me a slight sorry look but masking it with a happy smile. "How are you doing, Manager-nim?" She cooed teasingly as I rolled my eyes.

"Honestly, not so well." I let out a tired sigh.

"Really?" Wendy sat on the long couches, eyes roaming around the room as she hums to herself. Her eyes fell to the pile of documents on my desk and she immediately got the idea. “Wow, it’s like they don’t even let you breathe and it’s only the first day of work!”

“This isn’t the first time, you know that.”

“No kidding.” She stood up from the couch, ready to leave my room when she looks at me. “Anyway, I actually wanted to tell you that I saw Eric earlier walking into the office with these stuff in his hands, looks like gifts—expensive ones, I can tell—and I bet those are for you.”

I put my palms across my face and groaned. It’s been years now and he’s still trying to get to me. Every time there’s a rumor going about him dating one girl, I was always so relieved thinking he’d finally stop pursuing me, but alas he’s a very persistent man. Even during the time he’s dating someone, he always has a way to look at my way as if he’s not even taken and the weird thing is, he doesn’t look like he was even trying to cheat on his girlfriend.

There are a few times I agreed to his request, like having a lunch with him and one dinner as well. It was good, he’s a real gentleman, but I still couldn’t see him beyond as a friend. I just don’t picture being with him romantically and maybe it’s because I was too occupied with Byulyi, but even before I got to know Byulyi, I never considered being with him.

But in the end, he’s still persistent. He said something about waiting for me and all, so I just let him be since I’m way passed telling him to stop pursuing me.

He gave me flowers, gifts, asked me out, offered me a ride, all kinds of things one would do to court someone. And it was all sweet, but I think he’s better be doing something else. I don’t know, something productive? He’s literally spending his money on me and we’re not even together.

“You see, I know you said you’re gonna let him be. But you’re engaged now, unnie. I think it’s time for you to talk to him before he gets the wrong idea. Or worse, before your fiancé finds out and gets the wrong idea.” Wendy hissed, “I don’t even want to dream about all the drama.”

Yikes, me too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter