Thirty

Taste.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s a new article online.

Wheein once again informed it to me but it didn’t exactly bother me. For one, I know it's because some paparazzi caught Byulyi and Heeyeon hung out last night. I know it beforehand and I know more than that online article could ever tell. Obviously, it is because Byulyi keep on updating me through her texts and short calls. I mean, I told her that it was okay, but she insisted on doing it so I let her be.

[ I’m at the cafe! Arrived safely. ]

[ Baby, don’t miss your lunch. ]

[ I’m going to the ice-skate ring. I’ll update you again later. ]

[ At the arcade now. Can I call you in an hour? Kinda miss you. ]

[ Ugh, I still want to hear your voice but I gotta go now to the Karaoke. See you at home, babe :* ]

Oh well, maybe this can be a thing between us for Byulyi to keep on letting me know where and what she’s doing whenever she’s out without me. Byulyi came back to my place at one a.m—surprisingly she wasn't drunk, only a little tipsy (well, she does have a really high alcohol tolerant). I was awake and told her to fix herself up before caming to bed with me and spent an hour and a half telling me about the things she did with Heeyeon (doesn’t matter even if she already told me half of them through texts).

They did so much things together that I almost think she's making up a few activities here and there. She showed me pictures though, so what she told me were all true. They went ice-skating, then Heeyeon suggested they should try going to the arcade, after that they went to have dinner and closing it off by going to the Karaoke place. Byulyi said she was exhausted but it's all worth it and that it really brought back so many memories.

Her eyes glows as she recalls her old memories and I couldn’t say anything right there. So, I sit there by her side, our backs resting by the headboard with pillows, until suddenly I was leaning in and captured her lips in a short kiss.

Byulyi was surprised before leaning back in almost eagerly, one of her hands cupping my cheek as I kiss her back.

Nothing more than sweet kisses and a few ‘I love you’s here and there happened last night so refrain yourself from thinking too far. Like Byulyi said, she's tired so I would rather give her a good long rest last night.

When the morning comes, I was awake first but instead of staying in bed longer, I quickly slipped out of the duvet and head to the bathroom. I did all the usual morning routine, before walking back into my bedroom to find Byulyi sitting up on my bed and still under the blanket. She stretches then yawns at the same time, the sight was so adorable that I couldn’t put off the smile as I walk up to her.

It looks like a reflex when her hand reaches one of mine, pulling me to sit on the bed with her—probably also trying to get me under the blanket again for another hour. Really, my bed alone is tempting enough and now there’s Byulyi too, how exactly can I resist this?

She has me sitting on her thighs, her arms go around my middle as she pulls me close and put her head on my chest, taking a long sniff. Then I feel her smiling there. “You smell so good.” My god, her husky morning voice won’t let me rest. It’s getting to me so easily.

Putting my arms on her shoulders, cradling her head, I smile. “Well, I took a shower.”

“You took one without me.”

Byulyi keeps her voice low and she sounded a little slurring. It looks like she’s not completely awake yet and I swear it’s just so cute to witness. Also, the fact that she’s still clinging to me is hard to deny. You got to understand how much I am trying to hold myself from squealing.

“You were asleep, Byul-ah.”

“Mmhm, you’re so considerate.” She kisses me in the middle of my chest after whispering a soft. “Thank you.” I let out a small yelp because I swear she was teasing me with that small kiss. She giggles before settling back to cling onto me. “So, what’s the plan for today?”

“I don’t know. How about we stay in for today? It’s been a while too.” That’s really the truth.

For some reason, I would like to just stay home. Just chilling and enjoy each other’s company. Lounging in my living room, watching old movies from romcom to horror ones. Byulyi immediately agreed to the idea about staying in for the day. She’s also still too tired to go out.

She was about to go back to lie down on the bed when I hold her still and told her to take a shower. Just because it’s my idea to stay in the apartment, doesn’t mean I had to take care of everything. So, I told her to do the simplest thing and that is to get up, take a shower and make us popcorns for the movie marathon. Meanwhile, I set up the whole thing in the living room (honestly, there isn’t much to set up because I already do house chores when Byulyi was still asleep).

In fifteen minutes, Byulyi was done with the popcorns and brought them to the living room. “I ordered some chicken and fries and soft-drinks. Oh, and of course, your favorite rice cake.” She informed me with an addi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter