Seven

Taste.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first three weeks were the hardest.

I couldn't stop texting her and sometimes when I miss her voice I would tell her to call me. We're never that good with phone conversations, it never lasted long, but it was different now. I could tell how Byulyi keep the conversation going by asking me about so many things, even little things. I really love when we have such conversation. The closest I could get with her is having video calls and soon after it became our routine to have at least one video call a day. Honestly, it isn't like I was the only one missing her, I could tell she was missing me just as much as I did - even though we did it for a slightly different reasons.

I know how college works especially when it's the first year.

I know there are so many things Byulyi needs to get done, but she never missed a single moment without telling me literally everything she does. I did ask her to keep me up-to-date with everything but it still surprised me how every two or three hours, I will check my phone and there will be Byulyi's message welcoming me. She also never missed a single night or morning greetings or simply just asking me if I already eat my lunch or dinner. Byulyi is really sweet like that and she makes it impossible to not fall for her more.

First three weeks were the hardest, yet it was the most enjoyable. Why?

Because after those weeks, Byulyi gets a whole lot busier and not to mention the work at my office. It was hectic. Byulyi apologised way before her busy schedule starts, she said she may not be able to contact me at some point and I said it's fine, that I understand she needs to focus and do her best while she's there. I kind of lied to her, but I've made my decision to stop being so selfish. I was feeling a bit grateful when the work at the office is too much, I can practically distract myself with it. It helps, alright.

It was almost two months now since she left.

Tonight is one of those nights. I haven't received any text from Byulyi since her morning greeting and my boss told me to finish the presentation files for the upcoming project as soon as possible - and by that, I mean finish it tonight because we'll be having the meeting tomorrow. It was a great distraction and besides, if the project goes well, I could get a bonus and that's the one thing I'm chasing after right now.

"Oh? Noona is still here?"

"Going over night, Solar-noona?" I rose up my head, stretching my arms before giving my co-workers a slightly tired smile.

I nodded. "Yeah, these files aren't going to get themselves done without my help." We shared a small laugh and a knowing look.

The first man on the right, he's a man in his early twenties, despite him being so young, he's been taking a good care of his physical body. He's kind of popular, if I'm not mistaken. I think he told me that he's around 22 or 23 years old. His name is Choi Seungcheol and when he had his first workers night-out, he told everyone to call him 'S.Coups' because it sounded cool and like an ice cream. It was cute because he was drunk that night and he barely remember anything the next day when some workers starting to call him with that name. The second man on the left, he's the one guy that keeps my attention most of the time. His name is Lee Minhyuk and he reminds me of Moon Byulyi. He's new, Seungcheol started working here after two and a half years I started and then a few months later, Minhyuk joined the company.

Seungcheol grabs something from his bag. "In that case," It was a drink.

"Here, noona." He extends his hand to me while holding onto the drink. I think it was some kind of energy drink. Usually, I will have a cup of coffee on my table to keep me awake through the night, but trying an energy drink for once won't hurt. "It helps me when I have to overwork myself. Hope that could help you through the night."

I took the drink and gave him a smile. "Thank you for going through the trouble-"

"Nah," Minhyuk cut me as he waves his hand. "He's still have one more inside there and plenty more at his apartement." He gave me a worried expression. I know what he's thinking though. "Noona is going to be here all night. This is a huge building and there's only two or three security guards patroling at certain hours. You have to be extra careful since noona is a woman." That's entirely true. It's cute how he's treating me as if this is my first time staying over night working at the office. I still appreciate his concern.

A soft chuckle escaped my lips. "Don't worry, okay? There are five security guards and I know all five of them." I really couldn't stop smiling because Minhyuk keeps frowning and looked worried. He really resembles Byulyi. "Hey, it's really okay. If there is anything, I have a few numbers I could call for emergency."

Moon- I mean, Minhyuk sighs and pulls out his cell phone. Really, the more I look at him, the more I see Byulyi.

"Do you have my number? My apartement is close by, just contact me if anything happens. I'll be here in no time."

"Yah, you're not doing this just so you can get Noona's number, are you?"

His concern reminding me of Byulyi. I heard Minhyuk said he wouldn't do such thing and that he's just worried about my well-being. I watched them bickering at each other and it looks like they forgot I was there watching.

"Well, it's really not like what he said... I was worried because lately there has been news about women getting killed for no specific reason."

It was true. I've heard this news too, it's been going viral because it's almost every single day the police will find a new corpse of a woman in random alleys. It attracts everyone's attention, it makes me more cautious, but I'm never too paranoid of it. I always thought it won't be me so there is nothing I should worry about.

"Oh, that... Then you're right to be worried." Seungcheol retreated his arm before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter